No announcement yet.

Food good for dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of any cheap and reliable places/websites to buy protein/replacement bars such as Myoplex, ProCrunch, Cliff, Kellogs, Met-Rx etc?

Thanks!

Comment

Koakuma, agree! i hate eating liquids for supper for the same reason, the sounds make me feel like i'm having stomachache

thanks SSShortcake, i'll read the article soon. cos now a bit busy to slowly digest

Comment

i always choose fish over meat. feel more healthy and less fattening. But do anyone know is their skin fattening? ugnai, salmom, saba fishes all has very thick skin!

not referring to deep friend fish. but generally, stir fried, bake, grilled or braised. do you girls just avoid 100%?

Comment

has anyone tried melilea organics? does it help lose weight?

Comment

Another question if I'm on a 70% raw diet meaning I only consume raw veggies (salads),70% because I sometimes add chicken or salmon as a source of protein, if I'm on this diet do I still have to watch my salad portion? Given that most of the time its mostly raw veggies with balsamic vinegar as the dressing? Or can I eat as much as I want since I'm eating healthy. Thanks

Comment

dodo, i avoid fish skin because i dont like the slimy taste which steamed fish skin has. i avoid deep fried fish because of health concerns and dont liek the oil taste as well.

twilighter, dressings can be high in calories and fat as well. do eat in moderation

Comment

Originally posted by twilighter View Post
                Another question if I'm on a 70% raw diet meaning I only consume raw veggies (salads),70% because I sometimes add chicken or salmon as a source of protein, if I'm on this diet do I still have to watch my salad portion? Given that most of the time its mostly raw veggies with balsamic vinegar as the dressing? Or can I eat as much as I want since I'm eating healthy. Thanks
                May i know how long you are on this diet ? is it effective?

Comment

***, twilighter! it is not easy to eat salad for a long time. soon, i will crave for hot piping food + sweets/ carbo!

how do you do it?

Comment

I've been on this diet for 2 weeks now first week I lost 5lbs and my skin is glowing bye bye pimples I don't crave carbs anymore but I give myself Sunday offs to eat the occasional treats like chocs I dont use those artificial dressings on my salad just apple cider vinegar and sometimes I add raw sugar for the taste. Its hard to transition to this diet it took me 2 months to slowly incorporate the raw veggies and remove all the white carbs like rice and bread. I think its faster for people who exercise regularly cause I don't

Comment

But being on a vege diet, what you may have lost was probably water. Food like potatos and rice, contain as much as 70% water. So cutting these out and replacing them with vege, your weight may have gone down but it could be water loss.

Comment

Water retention is mostly due to having high sodium in your diet and you're right that when you are on a raw food diet you will have to cut down on sodium drastically so during the first week or so it might be water you are losing but after that it would be the fats and toxins. My diet consists mostly of fruits which are 90% water and veggies consumed raw and the I add the occasional salmon or chicken breast for protein.

When you are in a raw food diet your body will tend to get rid of the fat and stored toxins its like detoxification the longer you are on this diet the more toxins and fat you get rid off. For me this diet works it gives me very high energy throughout the day but it may not for everyone. Each person should tweak and vary their ways of dieting in accordance to what suits their needs.

Some articles that can help
                        http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popu...a/Raw_Food.htm
                        http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/

Comment

Exercise will make you fitter but it doesn't exactly get you leaner.

I've tracked my caloric output for many activities -

Walking 3km with a 18kg backpack(dumped 12 x 1.5L mineral water inside) about 30 mins- 266 cals - quite managable but annoying pressure on the shoulders
                          Climbing up stairs 10 stories worth of steps up and down with my 18kg backpack 20 mins - 198 cals Brutal and intense, legs became jelly towards the last 5 minutes
                          Doing tempo runs of 3 x 1km within 3:45 with 2 mins rest - 263 cals - managable but "breath taking"

Today i'm going to try walking around town with 5 x1.5L(7.5kg) mineral water in my bagpack to see if my caloric output increases.

As you can see, unless you're training actively or a marathon or exercise by itself doesn't really help if you're sitting and a desk zombie.

Being more physically active while getting your physical fitness level up through exercise is the most effective way.

Comment

actually i'm a living example.. maybe genes maybe not..

i don't eat sweets / sweety stuffs, soft drinks etc.. and i drink mostly plain water.. however i ate alot though, avg 2 bowls of rice per meal.. and i exercise alot too ..

so perhaps can use as a bench mark.. hahaha

Comment

Today walking around town with 10k steps with 7.5kg straped to my back and walking from sim lim to boon keng - 1015 cals took about 5 hours or so.

Comment

I saw a programme on BBC Knowledge recently about detoxing diet..those that you just drink water or those that you just eat veges/fruit and such stuff.
                                And they got Imperial Colleage to do the research and their research showed that detox diets do not do anything for your body at all.

They had 2 groups, 1 group continue ate all the junk food such as pizza, fast food, pasta etc. The other group ate vege and fruits.
                                It does make the second group candidates feel lighter but most of the loss were attributed to water loss. And as for clearing the body of toxins and waste, they found no improvements at all. Both group of participants' liver, kidney and other organ functions all remained exactly the same, before and after the diet.

The scientists attribute it to liver and kidneys and our body are actually very powerful in clearing up toxins and waste by themselves. So there's no need to go on detoxing diets. A small piece of liver can actually clean up our body really well but we've got big livers so it takes really long term abuse of the body for the liver or other body organs to fail.

I haven't found the research paper for this experiment posted online for free for this yet. But maybe try to go a google and see if there are bits and pieces of this research.

Comment

Working...
                                X