Irritating Insects!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jemay View Post
    Bring my dog to your office then. My dog helped me to kill n chase after lizards at home
    This is not funny, this is HILARIOUS This thread is making me laugh till I drop!!

Dogs are suppose to chase cats, not lizards.

And Sonw Jaz, cats are suppose to chase/catch mices/rats right??

By the way, anybody remembered seeing this bus advertisement by baygon? They enlarge the roaches and have them all over the bus. The sight of the bus was unbearable, how can anyone alight in it

Comment

i suppose roaches and lizards are quite a common sight in Singapore.. its almost everywhere.. at our homes, hawker centres, food courts, coffee houses, even mid-high end resturants..

just this year, i went to a certain "buffet-style" place to dine with my cousin at Heeren and there were baby roaches on their cooking area, and one even crawled up on to the table where i was sitting!! and another roach crawled over my cousin's shoe!! eeeeekk!

Comment

Originally posted by raspy View Post
        i suppose roaches and lizards are quite a common sight in Singapore.. its almost everywhere.. at our homes, hawker centres, food courts, coffee houses, even mid-high end resturants..

just this year, i went to a certain "buffet-style" place to dine with my cousin at Heeren and there were baby roaches on their cooking area, and one even crawled up on to the table where i was sitting!! and another roach crawled over my cousin's shoe!! eeeeekk!
        YIKES! that sounds quite gross.... even when i see baby roaches crawling about in buses i can feel myself squirming. somehow i just get very turned off by the sight of them.

Comment

it was indeed very gross.. i was eating happily when i saw a black/brown something moving towards me.. then i realised that it was a baby roach!! luckily there was a waiter around and he killed it for me.. BUT, the cloth he used to kill the roach was the same one he used to clean the tables........

Comment

it was indeed very gross.. i was eating happily when i saw a black/brown something moving towards me.. then i realised that it was a baby roach!! luckily there was a waiter around and he killed it for me.. BUT, the cloth he used to kill the roach was the same one he used to clean the tables........
            That's really gross
            Snow Jazz, are Singapore's lizards like this?

This is the kind of lizard we have here, but it's visible only at parks or similar.
            Last edited by Erusa; 31-05-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

nope this one's prettier ours is beige in colour and smaller in size...i've seen one in very dark brown...it looks lyk it's been roasted

Comment

erusa: Oh, gosh...ours is smaller, not this big.. They are beige in colour and don't have such long toes also. If I see sometime like that, I will run out of my house...hehehhehe!

chubbyvoo: Yeah, cats suppose to catch mice but I think ours will run away if they see one, they only know how to bully smaller species.

Comment

Which resturant did you go to?? I won't want to be there to dine with the roaches, baby or adult ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erusa View Post
                    That's really gross
                    Snow Jazz, are Singapore's lizards like this?

This is the kind of lizard we have here, but it's visible only at parks or similar.
                    Ya, like spark_of_life89 mentioned, our specices of home lizards are smaller. But I'm amused by the "long nails" of that lizard in the picture.

Comment

we have those too at our parks and fields too.... i've seen them before and caught a few in my youth (for science fair exhibits)

this is the type that infiltrates our homes:

Comment

Originally posted by karya View Post
                        we have those too at our parks and fields too.... i've seen them before and caught a few in my youth (for science fair exhibits)

this is the type that infiltrates our homes:
                        Oh! I think it's cute

Comment

chubbyvoo: Yeah, cats suppose to catch mice but I think ours will run away if they see one, they only know how to bully smaller species. [/QUOTE]

My dad's place which is at AMK have really big rats, as big as kittens. The tails are as long as their body, super gross. Stray cats avoid them. My sister who is staying with my dad had to hire a pest control to get rid of a rat that invaded the house a few years ago.

My sister was wondering who ate her cookies, only to realize that the culprit was a rat. This is unbelievable, but this clever rat actually opened the cookie jar and hide the cookies under a kitchen cabinet. The pest control set traps, you know those ultra sticky boards. End up a few lizards were caught. The clever rat must realize they were trying to catch it, it disappear itself after a few days.

During those few days I dare not visit my dad or sis and my sis went over to a friend house to sleep overnight.

Comment

Oh! I think it's cute
                            Cute?? My goodness, they are cold and slimy. Anybody around to show Erusa a pic of our "famous" roach?

Comment

Hhahahha....chubbyvoo...if u just look at the yes, it cute.....other than that, it sure is slimy...kekekekeke.......

My gosh, never know that rats are that clever, I think my kitties are not as clever.

Those rats are huge, cats cannot fight with them. If I see one, I will faint.

Comment

Oh! I think it's cute
                                i thought so too.... but my mum has other ideas

anyway, i told her that i'll rather have lizards in the house so that they can help eat up all the 6-leggers (roaches especially)...

Comment

Working...
                                X