Indonesia > Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hunnycreme View Post
    Yeah...the monkeys at uluwatu are a terror! One of them tried to snatch away my handbag and I had to fight for my bag! Plus don't try to pet them. They can get aggressive.
    ya!!! i was so horrified..

Comment

• are there any night markets or restaurants open on weekdays??

my flight will land there at 930pm, after dropping luggage at the hotel probably 10+pm already. don't know whats there to eat at seminyak.

Comment

• hello =)

may i know on average, how much does it costs for a 3 to 4 day trip to Bali (including all the must do stuffs there like massage, and eating good food etc)?

TIA!

Comment

• hi babes!

im going bali this friday for 5 days but dont know how much to changes for 2 pax.

can advise roughly how much we need for food, shopping and massages?

any idea how much the white water rafting, atv and snokelling would cost per pax?

REALLY APPRECIATE ALL COMMENTS!!!
          TIA!

Comment

• Just back. Stayed 2 nights at Saren Indah (Ubud) and 2 nights at Aston (Nusa Dua).

Ubud is nice but a bit out of the way. Unless u r really looking for some peace, i'll think its better to stay in semiyak, kuta or nusa dua n just take a day trip to ubud.

A monkey from the monkey forest snatched the Lay's potato chips from an ang mo, opened it with its teeth n ate it in front of the ang mo....terrible

Tried babi guling but not from the famous stall. SO loves it but i think it's so so. Cost 25,000 rupiah.

Went uluwatu n tanah lot. Both looked very similar to the great ocean road in melbourne.

Most of the dishes eg mee goreng, nasi goreng in the cafes / restaurants will cost about 30,000 - 50,000 excluding servcie charge n GST.

There's nothing to see in Discovery Centre.

SO is not very satisfied with this trip cos the beaches are not as nice as redang's and the shopping is not as good as bangkok. Bt i think the people are friendly, their services are good and the weather is great (hot but the wind is strong n cooling).

Comment

• Help! I'm planning my trip to Bali and have read this about taxes:

Entry - USD$25 to get into Bali at the customs
              Departure fee - 150,000 rp to leave

Is this correct?

Comment

• I took airasia, there was no entry fee. yes, departure fee is 150,000.

Comment

• USD25 is not entrance fee - but visa on arrival fee. As singaporean, you don't need visa to Bali.

Rp 150,000 is airport tax. You pay after checking in your luggage.

HTH

Originally posted by sh00puff View Post
                  Help! I'm planning my trip to Bali and have read this about taxes:

Entry - USD$25 to get into Bali at the customs
                  Departure fee - 150,000 rp to leave

Is this correct?

Comment

• Anyone stayed in Mercure Hotel Kuta or The Oasis Kuta before? Am thinking of going on the first week of Oct. Not sure if it will hit the rainy season. I am not sure where is the best place to stay, I wanted to be near the sea and yet near the main action area ut yet not that crowded...

Comment

• i think Mercure Hotel Kuta is very popular.. heard that it's rooms standard are similar to hard rock hotel, thats why its popular.

i went bali on end of June, the Kuta beach was very very crowded and packed! saw Mercure Hotel Kuta too.. the beach is just infront. within like few mins walk only. Seminyak beach is much less crowded...

Comment

• Bali Tour

haha a group of 7 pax will be going to Bali in Jan 2010 haha super excited haa we got cheap ticket at airasia haha air tix+checked in baggage+insurance only $82 haha i'll be planning for the whole trip, including itinerary, all the makan place,activities hee den will be engaging a driver and tour guide! haha will share my itinerary here once i have confirmed everything haha Bali..here i come!!!!

Comment

• Do u think is a good timing to travel in Oct...since it is wet season?

Comment

• ***, sounds like Bali is a great place to stay ard for a week or more to explore. Am going next week for 5D4N and most prob staying in Ubud. Heard that it is really peaceful

Am still sourcing for resorts.. can't decide where to stay.. villas are ex

Comment

• flyingpig> I'm currently staying in mercure.. Its just across the road to kuta beach..

duckie> ubud is less crowded, so more peaceful. However getting a taxi there seems quite difficult. I was there at the monkey forest, and I wanted to go back, but dont really see much taxi coming in, end up had to take the land transport there, and it cost me a bomb..

Comment

• Originally posted by lavend3rmist
                                hi duckie! Ubud is a really peaceful place. But then again if you r into shopping or beach.... Ubud can be quite boring for 5days stay. A lot of hills and slopes everywhere..

Maybe can split 2 night at Ubud 2 nights at Kuta/Seminyak area. The villa i stayed at was $130USD/night, thou location is a little off the beat.
                                Ya, I agree with lavend3rmist haha I've done my planning on the itinerary..now waiting for the quote from the local tour agency

Ubud can be a boring place if you stay there for too long...I suggest maybe you can stay in different area based on your itinerary

For myself, below is the plan
                                1st night: Kuta->Ubud
                                Hotel: Ubud Inn & Spa (2 storey unit for 7 pax at USD105 with breakfast)

2nd night: Ubud->Lovina
                                Hotel: Aditya Beach Resort (seaview room with breakfast, international buffet dinner, balinese massage for 1 hour), 3 rooms for 7 pax at USD266

3rd night: Lovina->Kuta
                                Hotel: Wina Holiday Villa, Kuta (superior room with breakfast, walking distance to Kuta Beach and Jalan Legian), 3 rooms for 7 pax at USD188

hee

Comment

Working...
                                X