No announcement yet.

Indonesia > Bali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't decide to stay in ubud or seminyak. Any advice?

Comment

• Definitely UBUD ...

Originally posted by mianne View Post
      Can't decide to stay in ubud or seminyak. Any advice?

I know it's a matter of taste, but I recommend Ubud ...

I've visited the Philippines twice only to treck the rice terraces in Banaue. I loved the tea plantations in India and Malaysia, and it you are a nature person like me you definitely should stay in Ubud to be as near as possible to the rice terraces there.

I found a really nice hotel on this site: www.tiket.com
      Maybe it helps, it is specialized on Indonesia.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Bali...
      Paulina

Comment

• Hi,

As will be first time to Bali. Anyone can recommend nice and cheap spa in Bali Kuta? Walkable distance within Kuta?

I want to massage but my friend do not want, so any other recommendation as what she can do in the spa?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by mianne View Post
          I would recommend Ubud if you are keen on a back-to-basics holiday and immerse yourself in Bali's cultural scene. They are popular for their arts and the villages. Seminyak on the other hand, provides abit of both urban shopping and scenic nature. So it really depends on what you are looking for in this holiday

Comment

• Yup! Couldn't agree more. Seminyak is more like "atas" lifestyle. There's many nice villas to stay. Ubud more like a village kinda place. Rice fields and some art markets, abit quiet I would say. For those seeking some peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsmarty View Post
              Just back from Bali..
              Went to Kimbaran to eat Seafood Dinner. Wow..the sunset is awesome.

Aww, I didn't make it for sunset at jimbaran seafood bay. Watched sunset at uluwatu temple instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul42 View Post
                I know it's a matter of taste, but I recommend Ubud ...

I've visited the Philippines twice only to treck the rice terraces in Banaue. I loved the tea plantations in India and Malaysia, and it you are a nature person like me you definitely should stay in Ubud to be as near as possible to the rice terraces there.

I found a really nice hotel on this site: www.tiket.com
                Maybe it helps, it is specialized on Indonesia.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Bali...
                Paulina
                I'm not so impressed with the rice terraces at Bali. The one in Philippines is much more nicer.

But if I were to choose between Seminyak and Ubud, I'll choose Seminyak because I'm a beach person.

I was just here 2 weeks ago and man, the waves were one of the wildest that I've had while surfing. Such great experience

Comment

• Originally posted by mianne View Post
                  You can stay both if you want.

We went and stay in Ubud and Kuta to experience different type of experience. We stayed in a private pool villa in Ubud while a hotel in Kuta.

Comment

• Originally posted by dleodleo View Post
                    You can stay both if you want.

We went and stay in Ubud and Kuta to experience different type of experience. We stayed in a private pool villa in Ubud while a hotel in Kuta.
                    thanks! i've went bali and came back... and then went bangkok and came back already.
                    even did a day by day post on my blog for my bali trip.
                    i stayed in ubud in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by peiyu80 View Post
                      Hi,

As will be first time to Bali. Anyone can recommend nice and cheap spa in Bali Kuta? Walkable distance within Kuta?

I want to massage but my friend do not want, so any other recommendation as what she can do in the spa?

Thanks in advance.
                      Hello there,

There's a good place for massage and affordable price in ubud area. I went all the way up there just to try this place because it was recommended by lonely planet. So rest assured no dodgy-ness tho the price are good.

I know many of you might like the way singapore massage do: with AC!

Evespa in ubud has no AC, but rest assured it is not hot because there are fan inside and if you asked for couple room, they are really spacious.

My masseuse was great because the massage i choose basically they do most of it with their palm instead of their finger tips which could hurt you pretty badly with bruises. I felt so calm and great during the session.

I loved it so much i went back the day after haha!

Don't judge a book by its cover. and if you are not fussy, evespa is a must!

Comment

Working...
                      X