No announcement yet.

Human Resource courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im facing the same thing as you..wanted to change to something different and they are not willing to accept me..

Comment

just wondering which HR private degree is good and recognise. any ideas cotters?

Comment

wondering if any of you working in Hr dept was given this feeling "you're in the expenses statement, whilst the rest of us are generating revenue for this company". yes, i was given this feeling while working in a company previously.

right now, still hoping to get into this post in a company where they really groom and not look down on us just because they think "everyone can do this job without the actual cert".

Comment

YEs Phinecyz, i understand how u feel, my companies did that to us too. they didn't treat us well because we are so called the 'cost factor' unlike other depts like marketing and sales, which generated revenue for the organisations.

i was treated shabbily too. many snobbish people thought that anyone could do administrative job but they didnt know that without HR who would be there to give them advice on employment matters.

But don't be despair..despite the 'not so good' treatments I still wanted a career in this field.

I am lucky to be given an opportunity to work in HR back then when i had no experience at all

Comment

seriously wonder why there's such people making our worklife so miserable. i totally agree on your say about the employment matters. When there's something with regards to this, they will come to us, talking in a nice manner. Let's say if they feel or think we've miscalculated their leave/pay thingy, they will just give us this stern or "what-do-you-think-you-are-doing" look. Worst still, if those people are merely logistics/ technician staff doing it!

Comment

Hi,

I looking for HR job any lobang please let me know. Thanks.

Comment

if u are really keen with HR position then u have to be open to Temporary or Contract jobs or even get a low pay.

Comment

Originally posted by namida
                  if u are really keen with HR position then u have to be open to Temporary or Contract jobs or even get a low pay.
                  but why so, namida?why low pay?

Comment

I mean for those who do not have experience in HR, because many companies would want to hire people with experience. if u do not have the experience then u have to take the humble pie

Comment

wonder whether i will be feeling better if i were to switch industry...

Comment

Originally posted by namida
                        I mean for those who do not have experience in HR, because many companies would want to hire people with experience. if u do not have the experience then u have to take the humble pie
                        yes.... agree.... if u wanna switch industry, then u have to mentally prepare to accept lower pay in order to gain more experience.....

when i just swicthed to freightforwarding without experience, ny starting pay was SGD 1300 ++... it's very low for a graduate student.... but i accepted it..... after few yrs' experience, i joined another company with higher pay....

Comment

Yes When I started out in HR, my pay was freaking low. And yet when i quoted a 1.4k pay the agencies and employers still felt that it was high. I didnt mind to go down as low as 1.2k then but lucky for me they settled at 1.4k. Right now I am being paid much higher...which i don't know whether i am lucky or not...because with only 7 months of experience I am being paid high.(in this aspect i am luckyi guess). But then of course i paid a price of working with an old mentor who think she is right and i MUST follow her way.

I find it sick working with women sometimes. I find male bosses more 'chin cai' ..women are so particulars and fussy...my mentor is one of them. I can't even use my own thinking. i have been cursing her everyday.

Comment

I'd like to say, my degree specialization is in HR and I am going to work as an Assoc. Consultant for a HR consulting firm.

Besides corporate/functional HR, there is also this other aspect of HR consultancy whereby firms are contracted to provide HR solutions for their clients. I find this related to what I study, and hopefully with this experience, it will open more doors for me, as opposed to being a fresh grad and starting out with doing HR Executive or 'admin' if unlucky

Comment

Erm, I know of a company.. Who has a HR manager who once worked as a cabin crew member and apparently her education is erm, diploma from SIM? Or something, I can't rem.

Comment

Hahahha ya actually HR, almost anyone can go into.. But I find nowadays, they more and more lookin into ppl with HR degree..

Comment

Working...
                                X