• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    yue.yue
    Cozy Rookie

• yue.yue
    replied
    Post-Grad in HRM

Dear All, i too was thinking anyone know is there any post-grad in HRM for courses from BBA to post-grad in HRM?

Leave a comment:

• yue.yue
    Cozy Rookie

• yue.yue
    replied
    Hi kodomo, i think uniSIM would be better. But its what i feel. I'm taking my degree in business administration. I thought of getting a HR related certification too. but heard from many that BBA is enough as our modules touch on HR too.

Singapore is always a PAPER country. everyone want to see that pc of paper in order to start hiring you. maybe they want to see HR certs. I too have difficulties getting my HR jobs. They either want u to do everything and pay u peanuts or look-down on u and not willing to hire inexperience freshmen.

I was wondering, if the company wants good employees and not willing to give them their expected pay, even the employee later take the lower salary just because they want the job i doubt they would stay long... I though companies wants to keep good employees?

What is wrong with no experience but always have a heart to learn? No chance given will not have experience gain at all...

Leave a comment:

• kodomo
    Cozy Rookie

• kodomo
    replied
    Hi, my younger sister is thinking of going into HR. She only have A'level, has been working in admin position for 2 year and is choosing between SHRI diploma-Curtin Degree and uniSIM HR degree. Can advise which is better in terms of recognition and employability? She is thinking of changing career to HR after she got the SHRI diploma. Is this feasible?

She's quite troubled and there's no one in the family (all in engineering and banking)to help her.

Leave a comment:

• babypris86
    Cozy Rookie

• babypris86
    replied
    currently i am doing my HR course in SMa... its gd and their degree is now very regconised...

Leave a comment:

• naughtygirl
    Cozy Celeb

• naughtygirl
    replied
    Anyone heard of these people

http://hrsingapore.net/training/

What do you think of their courses etc?

Leave a comment:

• mykonso
    Cozy Rookie

• mykonso
    replied
    Been trying to look for a good HR grad diploma programme and was so frustrated that there are only a few to choose from. I wonder why has UNISIM stopped offering their grad diploma since it was so well received previously. I'm not keen on SHRI after hearing negative review. Anyone has recommendation? Btw, are there anyone here doing expatriate management? Care of share about the ups and downs of this area? Thks.

Leave a comment:

• Opps-gal
    Cozy Rookie

• Opps-gal
    replied
    Originally posted by pinky_girli_me View Post
    i saw that Informatics offers HR course too it's from Uni of Portsmouth...
    i wonder isit recognised in spore? any HR officers can confirm?
    I grad from this course. So far, not manage to get into HR job yet. Thinking of go take a short course in SHRI, CPA programme for 2mths. Wonder this course is it any helpful in getting into HR jobs...

Leave a comment:

• shinysmile35
    Cozy Rookie

• shinysmile35
    replied
    Hi everyone, actually would like to seek your advise, I am going to graduate from my Diploma in Business Studies, I did major in HR during my 3rd year in poly... after that I thought of going into HR field (career) and at the same time would like to take up some part time HR related course/degree. I was thinking of taking it from SHRI (Singapore HR institute) What do u guys tink? they are more professional and recognisable rgt for HR?

Greatly Appreciated

Leave a comment:

• seni
    Cozy Rookie

• seni
    replied
    anyone has any idea which is better, HRM degree from UniSim or PSB?

Leave a comment:

• chemsium
    Cozy Rookie

• chemsium
    replied
    Originally posted by Reina View Post
    UNISIM has a new course which is bachelor of human resource management. Any podders find that it's good/bad?? care to share?
    haha seems nice...might plan to take it up....

Leave a comment:

• Reina
    Cozy Rookie

• Reina
    replied
    UNISIM:bachelor of human resource management.

UNISIM has a new course which is bachelor of human resource management. Any podders find that it's good/bad?? care to share?

Leave a comment:

• pinky_girli_me
    Cozy Rookie

• pinky_girli_me
    replied
    i saw that Informatics offers HR course too it's from Uni of Portsmouth...
    i wonder isit recognised in spore? any HR officers can confirm?

Leave a comment:

• SweetDimple
    Cozy Rookie

• SweetDimple
    replied
    If you wants to start from the bottom, I suggest you take up some courses from SHRI as a stepping stone in HR industry. I guess Murdoch uni is not that bad although I myself doesnt heard of it before. haha. But I really think this uni seems quite well-recognized in some companies.

I'm planning to move out but not so soon. I'm still struggling with my diploma course. Will see how after I graduated tentatively by this year. But really keen to switch to HR industry. What about you?

Originally posted by Glossie View Post
    ^Never even heard of that but I guess such info never ever gets to my level - at the very bottom.

Don't think all Aussie unis are "good and well-recognised" but Murdoch is certainly one of the better ones.. although I'm not sure their forte is in the HR field. Do you plan to move out of the public sector?

Leave a comment:

• Glossie
    replied
    ^Never even heard of that but I guess such info never ever gets to my level - at the very bottom.

Originally posted by SweetDimple View Post
    Their Uni is from Murdoch University, Australia. Not sure if it is well-recognized or not but I suppose any Aussie Uni are all good and well-recognized here isnt it?
    Don't think all Aussie unis are "good and well-recognised" but Murdoch is certainly one of the better ones.. although I'm not sure their forte is in the HR field. Do you plan to move out of the public sector?

Leave a comment:

• tungicy
    Cozy Rookie

• tungicy
    replied
    My friend has attended the Grad HRM course in SHRI in year 2007. However, she do not encourage me to go to this institute as she feels that the lecturers were not good in general.

Actually I have applied for Ong Teng Cheong (OTC) Institute jointly organized by NUS extension's Professional Dip in Employment Relations for Year 2008 intake. Initially I felt that this should be a good course as it has NUS's name in it. However, this course is postponed due to lack of applications.

I therefore start to wonder about whether this Prof Dip is good? If yes, why it did not attract many applications? Have anyone heard or studied in this course before? Please advise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X