Human Resource courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest from UniSIM on GD courses

After such long wait with enthusiasm, I received a heart shocking news that UniSIM is not offering any GD courses in their Jan 2008 intake!

Really very disappointed because this news disrupted my personal & career plans. I called up their student admission office and the response I received is that they are still revamping the whole structure of GD and even if they will continue to launch GD courses, HR may or may not exist.

Totally helpless on what to do next. Of course SHRI is the second choice but even my HR manager do not recommend SHRI because their lecturers lack/ is not up-to-date with industrial knowledge to share real life care study, which is practical & essential for HR greenhorn to know. The lecturers mostly teach from the book.

I know MDIS also offers GDHRM, in collaboration with Southern Cross University from Australia. Any cotters here took this course before, can share your experience?

Much appreciated.

Comment

does anyone has any idea which private HR degree is more regconised
      Last edited by moshimoshi; 16-07-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I would like to take up a course in SAP. Any idea where I can go to?

Comment

Me too need advise on the following too.

Originally posted by olafsnackjp View Post
          After such long wait with enthusiasm, I received a heart shocking news that UniSIM is not offering any GD courses in their Jan 2008 intake!

Comment

hi all, anyone attended courses from SHRI?
            at the same time, is the HRM degree from PSB under LU recognised?

Comment

Hi cotters,

I am also thinking to switch industry in HR. I'm currently working as admin in one of the stat board for 5 great years. Very boring job I must say. I am also currently taking diploma in business admin from Psb Academy. I'm planning to trying out as HR positions once I've obtained my diploma cert. Although I have no HR experience but I'm willing to learn and if there's an opportunity, I will want to take up my degree maybe major in HR but I do not know which uni is the best to go.

Anyway, I did some research for HR courses and found that other than SHRI/PSB/MDIS, SMA(School of Management) also provide major in HR for both degree and diploma courses. Their Uni is from Murdoch University, Australia. Not sure if it is well-recognized or not but I suppose any Aussie Uni are all good and well-recognized here isnt it?

Comment

My friend has attended the Grad HRM course in SHRI in year 2007. However, she do not encourage me to go to this institute as she feels that the lecturers were not good in general.

Actually I have applied for Ong Teng Cheong (OTC) Institute jointly organized by NUS extension's Professional Dip in Employment Relations for Year 2008 intake. Initially I felt that this should be a good course as it has NUS's name in it. However, this course is postponed due to lack of applications.

I therefore start to wonder about whether this Prof Dip is good? If yes, why it did not attract many applications? Have anyone heard or studied in this course before? Please advise.

Comment

^Never even heard of that but I guess such info never ever gets to my level - at the very bottom.

Originally posted by SweetDimple View Post
                  Their Uni is from Murdoch University, Australia. Not sure if it is well-recognized or not but I suppose any Aussie Uni are all good and well-recognized here isnt it?
                  Don't think all Aussie unis are "good and well-recognised" but Murdoch is certainly one of the better ones.. although I'm not sure their forte is in the HR field. Do you plan to move out of the public sector?

Comment

If you wants to start from the bottom, I suggest you take up some courses from SHRI as a stepping stone in HR industry. I guess Murdoch uni is not that bad although I myself doesnt heard of it before. haha. But I really think this uni seems quite well-recognized in some companies.

I'm planning to move out but not so soon. I'm still struggling with my diploma course. Will see how after I graduated tentatively by this year. But really keen to switch to HR industry. What about you?

Originally posted by Glossie View Post
                    ^Never even heard of that but I guess such info never ever gets to my level - at the very bottom.

Don't think all Aussie unis are "good and well-recognised" but Murdoch is certainly one of the better ones.. although I'm not sure their forte is in the HR field. Do you plan to move out of the public sector?

Comment

i saw that Informatics offers HR course too it's from Uni of Portsmouth...
                      i wonder isit recognised in spore? any HR officers can confirm?

Comment

UNISIM:bachelor of human resource management.

UNISIM has a new course which is bachelor of human resource management. Any podders find that it's good/bad?? care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Reina View Post
                          UNISIM has a new course which is bachelor of human resource management. Any podders find that it's good/bad?? care to share?
                          haha seems nice...might plan to take it up....

Comment

anyone has any idea which is better, HRM degree from UniSim or PSB?

Comment

Hi everyone, actually would like to seek your advise, I am going to graduate from my Diploma in Business Studies, I did major in HR during my 3rd year in poly... after that I thought of going into HR field (career) and at the same time would like to take up some part time HR related course/degree. I was thinking of taking it from SHRI (Singapore HR institute) What do u guys tink? they are more professional and recognisable rgt for HR?

Greatly Appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by pinky_girli_me View Post
                                i saw that Informatics offers HR course too it's from Uni of Portsmouth...
                                i wonder isit recognised in spore? any HR officers can confirm?
                                I grad from this course. So far, not manage to get into HR job yet. Thinking of go take a short course in SHRI, CPA programme for 2mths. Wonder this course is it any helpful in getting into HR jobs...

Comment

Working...
                                X