• Show
Clear All

• cammy
    replied
    Relationship management

Leave a comment:

• Brilliance
    replied
    Just giving this thread a bump with a few questions.

Is anyone looking into the following degrees? Students of the schools could you please also feedback?

Kaplan - UCD Human Resource Mgmt

UniSIM - Human Resource Mgmt

Can anyone advise which is better?

Leave a comment:

• makeupvanity
    replied
    hi

is the Bachelor of Human Resource Management awarded by SIM University recognized in the HR industry?

anyone currently taking this degree?

Leave a comment:

• missy_jessie
    replied
    Courses on international employment acts?

Hi, can anyone share with me where can I take up courses on international employment laws? Namely Macau or Hong Kong. Would really appreciate any help as many of those that I emailed, such as shri, only focus on SG. Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• green83tea
    replied
    Anyone taken HCM course from SHRI? Can share abt the course, lecturers? Can pass/sell me the HCM notes? hee.

Leave a comment:

• PinkLush
    replied
    yushan88, thank you for the info, really very useful.. but can i ask if ur company or urself pay for the course?

Leave a comment:

• minz88
    replied
    Originally posted by irene221c View Post
    i **** the market now is not bad. it's not difficult to find a hr job, but to find one that pay well, i **** also depends on the qualifications. i've only 'o' levels, but recently managed to find a job as hr asst. i **** if u haf advanced dip, u can try applying for degree though ther might nt be any exemptions.
    icic.. thanks for your input.

Leave a comment:

• irene221c
    replied
    i **** the market now is not bad. it's not difficult to find a hr job, but to find one that pay well, i **** also depends on the qualifications. i've only 'o' levels, but recently managed to find a job as hr asst. i **** if u haf advanced dip, u can try applying for degree though ther might nt be any exemptions.

Leave a comment:

• minz88
    replied
    thinking of taking a dip/degree(if its possible) in HR from SHRI.

would it be easy for me to get a job in HR after i graduate?
    i have an advanced dip in mass communications..

Leave a comment:

• irene221c
    replied
    hi, i'm gng to do my diploma in hr frm shri. it's thrice a week. i checked *** them & heard the passing rate is high. also, even if we fail, they allow us to re-take the exam without re-module. i'm keen on kaplan & psb as well. but my fren who is taking dip frm psb failed n gotta re-module. kaplan dip cert is frm their own academy so nt so recognised. except for doing degree from curtin, i heard fr the shri co-ordinator *** murdoch gives exemptions for dip frm shri as well. so, it seems like a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• yushan88
    replied
    Hi PinkLush, Try Effective Outsource Networks (EON), I've attended their Employment Act and Salary Administration course before, not bad. Usually 1 - 2 days course. Gets you started on all the policies you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• PinkLush
    replied
    hi all, any recommendationon where can i go for HR courses? or where can i find out more about HR matters? i.e. policy all that.. Totally new to HR..

Leave a comment:

• schmack910
    replied
    Originally posted by mykonso View Post
    Been trying to look for a good HR grad diploma programme and was so frustrated that there are only a few to choose from. I wonder why has UNISIM stopped offering their grad diploma since it was so well received previously. I'm not keen on SHRI after hearing negative review. Anyone has recommendation? Btw, are there anyone here doing expatriate management? Care of share about the ups and downs of this area? Thks.
    Hi, i am doing expat mgt. in a foreign MNC, medium size (less than 300 staff). I am actually in Admin dept. not HR. Expat mgt. deals mainly with expat tenancy arrangements, lease extension/termination, relocations and temporary accommodation arrangements. Important infor must be given by HR and must be familiar with the company's expat policy so that you know when to get exceptional approval from HR. A lot of times, you will need to contact the expats directly to clarify issues. Because I am not in HR, a lot of things need to come from HR and they in turn has to discuss with the expat's business line heads. It can be frustrating at times when the essential info, supposedly provided by HR, is not given to me. Some expats can be demanding too and some of them are not that pleasant to deal with. Just be tactful. Their wives are sometimes difficult. But they could be also someone alone in S'pore, no friends, no family and they will just grab the opportunity to talk to you. Other than that, i think it is fine.

Leave a comment:

• Laureen
    replied
    Last year I had completed my MSW (Master in Social Work). Now i want to join HR course. Anybody have idea about it

Leave a comment:

• angelic blue
    replied
    Hi, im new here. I wan to go in HR field. but was tinking whether to choose Kaplan or SHRI. cos my qualifications cant do into SHRI dip, onli can take their cert. wherelse kaplan i can take their dip straight. Anyone know if Kaplan widely recongise in HR field?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X