Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Carriers

Hi mummies,

Anyone using carriers to ferry your baby around?
    I've bought a sarong sling from Moms In Mind recently but find it very hard to use and till now I have not brought baby out in it before. Tried about 2 times at home and it's so difficult to use!
    Just stumbled upon baby pouch: http://www.pupsikstudio.com/catalog.php?category=18. Wondering will it be easier to use than sarong sling?

I've the same prob with the MIM sling. Baby dun seem comfortable in it too.

Comment

Haha... at least you managed to put baby in it. For me, I can't even do that that's why thinking if should get the type of fixed one. I need more reviews about the fixed carrier. Any mummy can share the experience?

Comment

Ok finally went down to Mothercare to buy the Pupsik sling and it's much easier to use as no need to adjust anything. Bought this: http://www.pupsikstudio.com/catalog.php?item=122

The downside is, hubby can't use it as this one has sizing. I did enquire about the same kind of sling at MIM office but the nice lady told me the same and she rec me to buy the sarong sling so any family member can use it. Turns out I'm too lazy to learn the proper way to use it. Ya, I tried like max 2 times and gave up. I'll be letting go of my almost new MIM sling in cotton sateen with DVD. PM me if interested

Comment

I have a couple of sling and pouches and at different stages, I tend to reach out for them more often than the rest.

Personally, the MIM sling is great when the baby is slightly bigger and best when they need to sleep! I can eat with both hands and just let baby lie in the sling to sleep. I can't do that with the pouch. Once you get the hang of adjusting and pulling the cloth at the right places, you'll love the sling! It's also very useful when you need to nurse your baby in public or use it as a blanket when it's cold.

I used the pouch in the cradle position only for the first 6 weeks ... then I used the sling for a while. When my baby's neck is strong enough, I went back to the pouch with baby in the kangeroo position and later on the hip position.

The pouch is however easier to handle, but when my child is sleeping, I need to support him in some ways, can't go totally handsfree. The pouch also gets tighter as my child grow ... I've progressed to bigger sizes and other brands of pouches. the lovely prints and colours also made pouches a fashion accessory for me these days!

Comment

Thanks shazzerlyn
            I think you have a good point there.
            Maybe I should bring baby to MIM office to learn other styles when she's older
            Last edited by pinkdewy; 25-10-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

I only have an aquamarine coloured pupsik pouch and this really cheap but apparently useful front carrier that i bought from the bulk purchase at sgmotherhood. It's the hanumugari carrier. Made from basically three pieces of cloth that forms an X with a triangle as baby's support, it's simply functional without all the fancy frills that the higher end Bjorns offer.
              I did try to put my baby in the Bjorn and Combi ones but she just wail and wail... I guess the frill-less hanumugari offered a closer to body contact relatively and doesn't seem to overwhelm her, so she doesn't feel threatened. (She was pretty tiny then..). Hubby's using that because the pupsik is kinda small for him. I like my pupsik though.. now that baby's sitting in the kangaroo position, she can sit up and just fling her arm around (not to mention grabbing anything that's in her way and to her fancy.. ). It's great for breastfeeding too, and offered a very snug and close feel to baby.
              Problem is, i think i's since lost a bit more weight and now my pupsik's also a little loose...... Not sure if i should just buy a smaller one just for a better fit now..

Comment

Hey Pinkdewy,
                Congratulations! Didn't know you had a baby.
                I have a MIM ring sling, a hotsling (pouch type), a babybjorn and an ergo. I never got the hand of using a sling (both the MIM and hotsling) and both my kids love the babybjorn. The ergo though is very good when the kids are about a year old as it has better support for heavier children.
                I guess the most important is whichever one your baby and you are most comfortable with.

Comment

Hi Sannie, thanks. My baby girl is 14weeks now.
                  I've been following your blog for some time already

I've seen good reviews of Baby Bjorn and Ergo but I'm afraid the carrier itself poses extra weight to carry. I've quite fine with the baby pouch.

Comment

Anyone uses Baby Bjorn? Reviews?

Comment

Originally posted by kittyminkie View Post
                      Anyone uses Baby Bjorn? Reviews?
                      I am using Baby Bjorn Synery Carrier and i love it. It is fuss free, each step of strapping your baby on is colour coded and step coded and due to the back support of the synergy, i don't feel the stress on my back (i had hurt my back before thus prone to back ache when carrying things for too long)

Comment

Ergo Baby Carrier is good too Good for heavier babies and can carry up to many kgs..my girl is almost 11kg, and its very useful to me

Comment

I used a baby bjorn active from the time baby was 3 weeks old till just yesterday at 14moths old! I cannot rave how functional and flexible it is, its been a real life saver. The absolute best for travelling! Been on 2 trips and this a big help. I hurt my back too but the active gives comfortable support. Worth while investment.

Comment

can i know how much will a baby bjorn carrier cost ard ?
                            can i buy it from kiddy palace? thnks in advanced!

Comment

May I know where I am able to find Ergo baby carriers?

Comment

Working...
                              X