No announcement yet.

Good Bridal Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shon -> If you read up SB forum (I didn't read everything though), the ex-brides gave pretty good comments on Divine Couture KL too. Hope that is useful.

As for Seletar Broadway, IMO it's very taiwanese style. Since your ex-colleague already commented that they are not friendly and helpful, then no point signing up with them even if the prices are dirt cheap. Just my 2 cents worth..

Comment

Yes, my colleague who was DV brides too mentioned that Seletar Broadway is not even in her consideration list too. :roll: I am not sure what is the reason. But the package seems attractive for the photography..... :roll:

I will definitely visit to KL DV. Since I like their gown & photography, I don't mind to travel to KL to sign up the package, as long as the package is similar to Singapore DV.

Queenie, I am still reading the SB website now....

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie
        As for Seletar Broadway, IMO it's very taiwanese style. Since your ex-colleague already commented that they are not friendly and helpful, then no point signing up with them even if the prices are dirt cheap. Just my 2 cents worth..

Shon Dear...
        heard of them before too..no good impression about them. always felt that their style is very wayang. That's the last thing i want for my wedding.

hey Queenie dear, thanks.
        none the less, i may pop over to JB to see if their packages are value. my only concern is hair and makeup because coz taste might differ.

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
          none the less, i may pop over to JB to see if their packages are value. my only concern is hair and makeup because coz taste might differ.
          Yes, the makeup & hair-do are quite different for Malaysia Bridal Shops & Singapore Bridal Shops. In Malaysia, the bridal makeup is thicker for the foundation. I can notice this from my elder sister's studio photography 1 year+ ago. Then, my ex-colleague also mentioned that too. Singapore Bridal Makeup is more to natural-look. i prefer this.

So we must be careful with the design of the gown, makeup & hair-do when we are in any Malaysia Bridal Shop.

Comment

Shon, I don't think the "thick, unnatural make-up" thing holds for all Malaysian bridals. My friend had hers done in one of the bridal shop in Malacca and I must say she looked absolutely lovely in the make-up and hair-dos they gave her

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
              Shon, I don't think the "thick, unnatural make-up" thing holds for all Malaysian bridals. My friend had hers done in one of the bridal shop in Malacca and I must say she looked absolutely lovely in the make-up and hair-dos they gave her
              Mm.... I hope the thick makeup is not for all the shops in Malaysia.... However, when I ask people about the bridal shops in Malaysia, most of them mentioned about the thick makeup. :roll: From what I know, most of them signed up on local bridal shops rather than those shops like Divine Couture..... :roll:

Comment

I understand. In fact, that was my reaction also whenever I hear about Malaysian bridal shop. My friend's experience really changed my views and opinion

But do search thoroughly cos I have heard and seen local bridals giving brides thick and unnatural make-up

Comment

Hey, Vonnie. Maybe you can let me know which bridal shop here got the thick makeup.... Then, I will avoid to go there....

Comment

Have to agree with Vonnie that there are exceptions.

My SO sister had her makeup done by a MUA in malaysia.
                    Gosh..i nearly flipped when i saw her.

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                      My SO sister had her makeup done by a MUA in malaysia.
                      Gosh..i nearly flipped when i saw her.
                      May I know : what is the name of bridal shop?

Comment

Shon, read that you have already found the SB website. I shall let you find out from there. I have no wish to "black list" any bridal shops here. Moreover, I have begin to lose touch after my own wedding and do not have the most updated information

Comment

OK, reading now.... thanks for the reminding, Vonnie.

Comment

No problem Shon, have been through this stage before and I understand the anxiety and of course excitement of choosing a bridal

One thing to note though: NEVER be pressured into signing up any bridal package. Be firm with what you want. There were talks about some shops using psychological tectics on the groom-to-be to pressure them to sign up and pay deposit on the spot. Beware of such practices

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                              One thing to note though: NEVER be pressured into signing up any bridal package. Be firm with what you want. There were talks about some shops using psychological tectics on the groom-to-be to pressure them to sign up and pay deposit on the spot. Beware of such practices
                              Really? How bad are these people..... :piss: Vonnie, may I know what is the "psychological tectics" that you mentioned??? My bf is going to accompany to attend the appointments once we finalize the list. I don't want him to get any pressure of this....

I had visited my ex-colleague who signed up with Seletar Broadway last year. Mm...... I will say the gown & photography are not those that I expect to get. :roll: The album cover is a bit out of fashion.... Sorry to say that. Mm..... The outdoor photos are still ok......

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                                May I know : what is the name of bridal shop?
                                Gosh i didnt ask. i didnt want to upset her further.
                                she was in pain when e MUA shove the pins into her scalp

Comment

Working...
                                X