X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm taking Jetstar Asia. U?

Originally posted by corrzgal View Post
    thnks gooogal & yc_mw =),

I think I still go ahead with phuket since its my 2nd honeymoon. yeah! im actually thinking of tsunami too, thats y i opt for a resort thats situated up on a hill after thinking about it so many times....though im actually interested in other ground level resorts....hehehe

which airline are u taking yc_mw?

Comment

• I was in Phuket the very first day the Reds started their demonstration in Bangkok. People in Phuket absolutely can't be bothered with what's happening in BKK (I asked some locals :-)) and even joked with me when I happened to be wearing a red t-shirt unknowingly that day. Phuket is way too much into being tourist-centric, given they were last hit by the 2004 tsunami that affected tourism so badly.

Comment

• Hi ladies,

Can anyone share their itinerary for Phuket? I'm going there in June, bought my air tics and hotel accommodation. But still quite clueless about what to do there..

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• zeqial - Phuket isn't a recommended shopping place as compared to BKK so my advice would be to focus on the food, the islands, sea and spas. Definitely recommend a day trip out to the outer islands to truly experience the fantastic snorkelling, beaches and turquoise seas. You could also try the Hong by Starlight which is sea kayaking from day to night. Pretty magical imo. Which area are you staying at? If you're near Bang Tao/Laguna area, would suggest you dine at Lotus restaurant which serves a wide array of local food at reasonable prices and located on the beach front. Hideaway Spa at the entrance area to the laguna resorts offers a wide array of very reasonable spa packages.

Comment

• anyone heading to the beachy side of thailand soon?

would like to buy some of their local handicrafts.. but none of my friends are going..
            any kind soul would help me buy them back? i can transfer the money first, pic and details via email. it's pretty cheap and small in size. would appreciate it very much..
            any willing cotters, pls email me at, [email protected]

Comment

• ksychan: Thanks for your reply, gal! I'm going there for R&R, will be staying at Mercure Patong. What is Hong by Starlight that you mentioned? Am I able to book it here or only when I reach Phuket?

One more question, how much does the cab fare from airport to hotels cost approximately? I'm afraid of dishonest cabbies..

Comment

• phuket is awesome!

Hi girls!

I just came back from phuket yesterday and the trip was great! just wanna share my experience with you all and hopefully these info will be useful to those who are looking forward to go there soon!

The following are with regards to Patong area in general. Though i went pass karon and kata beach n their beachfront was way prettier. Nonetheless, patong is still the more crowded place where the night life is better n theres more things to do in after sunset.

Things to do

Phi phi island hopping - 1100 baht
                the journey to the jetty is about 40 mins and abt 1 hr of ride on the speedboat but it was pretty fun. Snorkeling was alright only since the water is not as clear as i expected but still not too bad (:

ATV (2 hours) - 1200 baht
                Go do this! its pretty fun, for 2 hrs u will ride through the terrains and on the road as well. Elephant trekking is just nearby u can do it as a package if u wish to.

FYI bought my tour packages from this nice lady called Pear. Her little stall is called ORATHAI. located on beach road (taweewong road). Near club lime disco.

Sea sports
                There's para sailing, banana boat & jet ski. Jet skiing is not cheap, 1500 baht for 30-40mins.

Movies & DVDs
                DVDs can be bought along the beach road (taweewong road) for 60 baht. Otherwise head to SF cinema at Junceylon shopping centre. About 120 baht for a weekend movie. 80 baht for all movies on Wednesday!!! (:

Food
                Go to the open-air seafood centre, its basically a row of seafood stalls. Located just oppo Patong paradise hotel. Tried YOYO, Red Boat, and No 6. All are awesome! About 30+SGD for a dinner for 2 (: They speak chinese too, can bargain with them and u can choose ur own seafood n they will weigh it infront of u.

Massage
                I went to Oriental de Phuket. u can google it for their website.
                Paid 540 baht for a 2 hr thai massage! was super good that i slept throughout (: book online to get a 10% discount. They also offer free transport for hotels within Patong area.
                Beach sun decks
                Rented it for 80baht. 30 baht for chilled coconut!

Weather
                The weather is kick ass hot! make sure u slap on loads of sunblock. But there will be occasional rain during Apr-May which last for 1-2 hr at most, then it'll be sunny again.

Taxi
                Metered cab to Patong area is 450 baht. i got the same cabby to fetch me back to airport at 500baht. Just walk out from the airport and the taxi stand is on the right hand side.

Hope you all will have as much fun as i did! (:

Comment

• zeqial - Hongs are limestone caves that are accessible only by canoe by seasoned guides. Hongs by Starlight by John Gray is one of the most popular tours as they bring you to Hongs in the day and at night, so it's quite an experience. Plus they serve really good food :-)

Comment

• anyone can tell me how to get to bypass road? is it at phuket town?

Comment

• anyone stay at sugar palm resort before? any reviews on this hotel?

Comment

• Ruihui: think u can check out this website about bypass road and other place to shop in phuket

http://www.phuket.com/shopping/phuket-town.htm

by the way I am going phuket in 2 weeks time...very excited but will b more if the shopping experience can b more promising...

lol. if only bangkok has no riot, at least i can 'fly' there for a day or 2 to shop

Comment

• Originally posted by teenyweeny View Post
                          anyone stay at sugar palm resort before? any reviews on this hotel?
                          I stayed Sugar Palm Kata last week, overall not bad a place but Kata or even Karon is pretty quiet as compared to Patong though

Comment

• 7 days 6 nights in Phuket

This trip may seem a little too long for some but it's a special & romantic getaway for me & partner. To celebrate our 1st anniversary and chillaxing beach. To reward my partner, the stay thru-out.. I paid quite a hefty amt so I am expecting a Big-Hoo-Ha! I will be leaving in a few days time.. Book my return tix 4 mths ago with tiger @ $270 for 2 pax.

Since I will be in phuket for so many days, tts why I nv plan to stay in just 1 resort (tt be plain boring)

1) 21may-23may : Banthai (Deluxe Pool Rm) 10445 THB (*$44
                            One-way-Transfer-by-CAR-Max-3-persons 950 THB
                            (*$41)
                            Breakfast is not included (*$25/per pax/day)
                            Hotel provide honeymoon decor
                            *located at e south of patong

2) 23may-24may : Baumanburi Hotel (Deluxe) (*$75.21)
                            Breakfast inculded
                            *located at e heart of patong

3) 24may-27may : The Blue Marine (Classic Pool Acess) 13750 THB
                            (*$590)
                            The package inclusive of :
                            one time Thai set dinner for 2 persons
                            Thai massage 1 hour per person
                            Breakfast inculded
                            *located at e north of patong

Total= $1500/=

Till then, both of us will bring $900 for spending. Will be back with loads & tons of Pics and more info for our itinerary.....

Comment

• hi all,

any good suggestions on accomodation where there's direct access to the pool or villa with pte pool? am going with a group of 6..so was thinking it might be more economical to stay in a villa..of coz accessibility counts too ***..

TIA..

Comment

• Originally posted by jas-ee View Post
                                I stayed at Outrigger Laguna when I was there last month. It's located at the north of Phuket, around 20mins away from Phuket Town.

Love the place! Clean, big and relaxing. Will be good if you're going there with a big group cause you can book the villa with your private pool at a good rate The staff speaks English very well so there shouldn't be a problem if you need help.

The only bad thing is that as the place is pretty new, it's a little difficult to get there, especially when the surrounding areas are also resorts run by the Laguna Management in similar names e.g. Laguna Villas, Laguna village etc. , slightly confusing.

http://www.outrigger.com/hotels-reso...esort-&-villas

You can try booking a day tour that brings you to other islands for snorkelling and sight-seeing. My SO booked ours at Phuket.com and they provide a chauffeur for a return trip from our hotel to the jetty. The guide is also English speaking and we went to Phi Phi Island, Phang Nga Bay, Maya Beach etc. But there are lots of other tours that brings you to other places so you can pick the ones you like. I find mine pretty alright, not that fantastic.

I don't find shopping good in Phuket especially Patong. Phuket Town has stuff cheaper and I love the massage there. Cheap, clean and good. For the same price, you get massage salons with proper beds instead of mattress at Patong. haha! Kim's Massage is one of the ones I went (opposite Robinsons Mall IIRC) but there's others available. I forgot the name of the other one I went to but I love their scrub massage. Scrubs off the dead skin thoroughly and skin is silky smooth.

If you're a sports fan, don't forget to visit the Premium Outlet along Bypass road (I laughed when I saw the name, heh) They have Nike, Adidas factory outlets, a sports stadium outlet with brands like Mizuno, Reebok etc. Also, outlet stores such as Levis, Triumph and Wacoal can be found there too. My biggest hauls were from this place actually. For those with kids, they have a universal studio factory stuff as well (I think it's kids stuff with tweety bird etc. I'm not sure as I didn't go in and take a look.) heh.

My stay at Patong was a short one but I didn't really like it there as I'm not much of a club person. They do have those infamous Tiger/Pingpong etc shows as well. As long as you tug your SO hands, they won't disturb you (or your SO rather)! The stuff at the night markets are slightly more expensive but you can really bargain. The major shopping centre Jungceylon is located at the heart of Patong too.

Sorry for the long post, this basically sums up my short but fab trip at Phuket. I hope you guys enjoy your stay too Will return there if I ever need a cheap and relaxing getaway. I absolutely love chilling at the resorts.

Great info Jas-ee.
                                i will be going to Phuket with my GFs in Jun & will be staying at Outgigger Laguna for 3D2N.
                                How many days were you there?
                                We are thinking of the day-tour on the first day itself.
                                Also, any recommendations for food?
                                Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X