Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIM-RMIT students

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • anyone here taking econs & finance? like not a very popular course? it's like banking and finance...

    Comment


    • Hi guys, I'm confused and need help with my timetable. To begin with, I'm starting year 1 rmit accountancy. I've checked my timetable and it's kinda messy,totally unlike the ones that I've getting since I entered s'pore's education system. Instead of listing the classes according to days, it went according to dates which I noticed that for some days, I only need to attend 3 hrs of lecture. At best, I have two 3hrs lectures within a day. Secondly, would there be any tutorials? Thank you very much for answering my questions!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jennifershuc View Post
        Hi guys, I'm confused and need help with my timetable. To begin with, I'm starting year 1 rmit accountancy. I've checked my timetable and it's kinda messy,totally unlike the ones that I've getting since I entered s'pore's education system. Instead of listing the classes according to days, it went according to dates which I noticed that for some days, I only need to attend 3 hrs of lecture. At best, I have two 3hrs lectures within a day. Secondly, would there be any tutorials? Thank you very much for answering my questions!
        hi , i am also in rmit accountancy year 1

        i agree the time table is rather abit messy. kind of confusing also.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by jennifershuc View Post
          Hi guys, I'm confused and need help with my timetable. To begin with, I'm starting year 1 rmit accountancy. I've checked my timetable and it's kinda messy,totally unlike the ones that I've getting since I entered s'pore's education system. Instead of listing the classes according to days, it went according to dates which I noticed that for some days, I only need to attend 3 hrs of lecture. At best, I have two 3hrs lectures within a day. Secondly, would there be any tutorials? Thank you very much for answering my questions!
          hi, i agree that the timetable can be messy but u will soon get used to it.. i'm from rmit bbm course.. we onli got lectures and no tutorials at all.. and each lecture is 3hrs.. for some weeks, i onli got 4 days of school, some weeks onli 3 days like that.. it depends.. i'm not sure about your accountancy course though.. dunno is it the same like us..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by prettyeagle View Post
            phishfood The enrolment session is just a briefing on what school is about, how to get your course materials online, how to log in to myrmitstudies for your lecture notes etc. Just get your mum to bring home all the booklets they give out
            hi, pardon me, but i didn't pay much attention during the briefing
            but what is the username for logging in to myrmitstudies? is it our own IC number?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by aprilkwan View Post
              anyone here taking econs & finance? like not a very popular course? it's like banking and finance...
              Hi april, I am in RMIT econs and finance(ft). u too??? Anyone else studying the same??

              Comment


              • Anyone trying for this year's Bach Mass Comm intake?

                Comment


                • whatsthesecret: haha you're in marketing FT too? i have the same question as fieryjhobbs. what do we use to log into myrmitstudies site?

                  Comment


                  • simple26me: im not sure if i should take that or accountancy. am going to study PT though. coz im accountancy dip holder. how about u? what do you suggests? im so confused. coz i want to work in a bank. they said accounting people can also work in bank industry here but im not good w/ accounts

                    Comment


                    • fieryjhobbs To log into myrmitstudies, it is a serial no given to each and every student that starts with "s". You have to find that out, and the password will be your date of birth in the format YYYYMMDD.

                      Comment


                      • Aprilkwan: It really depends on you. I am from dip in media and comm but jumped to econs and finance now. Big change hur?

                        Got to see what you want to work as in a bank. If I am not wrong, studying accounting mostly ended u up as accountant. Stable job but if you have no interest, you can die working in it. Econs and finance also include accounting. But if u grad from econs and finance, you got more wrk choices??

                        Comment


                        • hmm.. ya.. why the major change? what do you want to be?
                          haha

                          my boss told me a lot of accounting graduates ultimately landed working with financial institutions…Normally, they will work in big 3 for a short period of 1-2 years and then looking to join banking industry..

                          Accounting graduates also can go into bank accounting related field such as analysis jobs, corporate finance, investment banking (this im not too sure. to me is more on sales already)

                          i dont want to get stuck doing full sets of accounts etc. im not good at the concepts either.. so

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by simple26me View Post
                            Aprilkwan: It really depends on you. I am from dip in media and comm but jumped to econs and finance now. Big change hur?

                            Got to see what you want to work as in a bank. If I am not wrong, studying accounting mostly ended u up as accountant. Stable job but if you have no interest, you can die working in it. Econs and finance also include accounting. But if u grad from econs and finance, you got more wrk choices??
                            I'm from design, feel like changing my major to banking also. Also going to be a big change..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iamgracey View Post
                              I'm from design, feel like changing my major to banking also. Also going to be a big change..
                              haha, to me is at first, i thought media was interesting n my passion will last. but after studyin for 3 yrs, i realise tt media is interesting but not as wad i thought, partly becos my passion nv really last. n ultimately, i m more realistic. i need a stable job in the future n i wan a stable income. media is not the route then. haha.

                              I love designing too=))) is gd to change now better than regret in the future.

                              Comment


                              • Aprilkwan:if u dun wan to deal with accounting stuff in the future, is better u change track now. I m not sure if it's the same, but I dun wan to deal with media next time and so I change track. As I said, is better to change now than to regret in future. =)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X