No announcement yet.

Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another KC girl checking in, though technically i was from chij opera estate until we merged schools

yeah there are so many ghost stories around eh? but i was only there for primary sch, secondary was the decidedly cheena school chung cheng high

Comment

Originally posted by islande
      hey, you know during our batch they banned zero-point?! they claimed it was indecent exposure, all the flashing of shorts. what the hell?!
      really!? how dumb is that?
      i had sooooo many fond memories of playing zero point!

Comment

really?! But shorts are flashed during PE anyway! Plus there were hardly any male teachers around IIRC, dont rem having a single male teacher in all my 6 years. Oh no...you must have been a very deprived child! I cant imagine my childhood without zero point....I would have pulled a ballerina-well act there and then! :roll:

Comment

i know i know.. it was dumb. no Pix, they banned it when i was Pri 4, so i still had chance to enjoy it.

there was this group, that was the very best in zero-point, and they would play outside the General Office. there was always a crowd at recess watching them. i had finally inched myself into playing with them when the said NO MORE ZERO POINT! :piss: :piss:

Comment

i was from CHIJ opera and went to CHIJ katong after the merging. nice to see so many KC-ians here.

i was a prefect too but a very naughty one.

any idea why we couldn't wear PE shorts under the uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
              i was from CHIJ opera and went to CHIJ katong after the merging. nice to see so many KC-ians here.

i think mostly they wanted us to sit and behave "lady-like"? haha
              Last edited by reldyn; 27-04-2004, 10:04 AM.

Comment

and too bad it backfired.

Comment

wow.. so many of us from convent? me too.. CHIJ Ponggol... Think they renamed it a few years ago and became Chij Our Lady of Nativity?! not too sure about it.. after which, i moved on to the secondary school chij St Joseph's Convent (SJC).. anyone from there?!

Comment

mich> i think it's so we wouldn't jump around and flash the shorts. at least that's why they banned shorts underneath the pinafore for us. this rule was borne out of the no-zero-point rule. :roll:

oh btw, the current principal of CHIJ Katong is my friend's mum! wonder if they still have this rule.

as a prefect, i loved raising the flag during morning assembly!

Comment

Originally posted by michannat

i was a prefect too! i remembered having to do "spot checks" to see if the gals wear shorts under the pinafore. iirc, the reason why they disallowed shorts under uniform is so that we can sit properly without flashing our undies.

Comment

rem we had to carry out little black books around with us? mine was completely clean except for the prefect's pledge. i just didn't know how to "catch" girls. the most famous offence at my time was probably not wearing the belt or undoing the top shirt button. i kinda miss the snap fast buttons. made changing for PE much much faster.

Comment

why is it i dont recall they banned us from wearing the pe shorts under our pinafore?? weird..

i think they only really started banning zero point when we merged schools cos the courtyard faces the bus stop they probably thought it didnt look very nice for all of us to be flashing our shorts at the commuters at the bus-stop

Comment

Originally posted by lumos
                            why is it i dont recall they banned us from wearing the pe shorts under our pinafore?? weird..
                            cos my time was way before yours

Comment

Originally posted by islande
                              mich> i think it's so we wouldn't jump around and flash the shorts. at least that's why they banned shorts underneath the pinafore for us. this rule was borne out of the no-zero-point rule. :roll:

oh btw, the current principal of CHIJ Katong is my friend's mum! wonder if they still have this rule.

as a prefect, i loved raising the flag during morning assembly!
                              i've always wondered how prefects could time their raising of the flag so perfectly that at the end of the anthemn, the flag would be on top at the flag pole! :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by kintra
                                i've always wondered how prefects could time their raising of the flag so perfectly that at the end of the anthemn, the flag would be on top at the flag pole! :huh:
                                practise makes perfect!

Comment

Working...
                                X