No announcement yet.

Australia > Perth & Fremantle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company is sending me to Perth office for training in late august.

What kind of weather would it be? people told me it will be 20 degree during the day and below 10 at night (in between autumn and winter). Is that right? But when I search the net, it seems to say August is in between winter/spring. It is most likely to be rainy. I am confused and dun know what kind of clothing to bring.

Are clothes awfully expensive in Perth? Many of our office australian visitors went on shopping spree for clothes/shoes when they came to singapore, so it makes me wonder whether clothes/shoes are expensive in Australia. Especially plus size clothing around size 14/16? Would it be better that I buy coat/clothes from there? any nice plus size shops to recommend in Perth?

Comment

Australia's Perth Weather in Aug/Sep

Can someone advise what kind of weather is Perth like during Aug/Sep??

Comment

threads merged!

i did a search for you on yahoo.com.sg & these links popped out. believe it would be useful for you.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/perthstats.html
        http://weather.yahoo.com/climo/ASXX0089_c.html
        http://www.perthweb.com.au/aboutperth/climate.shtml

i'm sure if you use another search engine, more info should pop out. it seems to be rather chilly but since it never snows in perth, only heavy rain, it shouldn't get that cold.

on what to bring, since it rains during winter (and you wouldn't want to get caught in the rain & fall sick!) so do bring along a light windbreaker/rain coat for the day. night would probably be colder, so a jacket and/or sweater should be good if you're going out at night.

otherwise, if you're afraid that it would be too warm, trying layering your clothes on. a top under a shirt with a jacket over (or even a sweater underneath the jacket if you're afraid of the cold!) or something along those lines, if it gets too warm, just remove a layer or two.

Comment

the temperature can drop abit drastically from day to night. good to have at least a light windbreaker with you.

Just to add on to what you can look out for in perth:

check out the famous apple strudel, the shop name is CORICA. I love their strudels, and its cheap about AUS$14.50 for one big box - not sure if it has increases its prices. Its within walking distance from the city train station. Just pick up the free map available at most hotels lobby.

Fremantle is a place not to be missed as well. Interesting market.

Cant remmeber clearly was it Fremantle or cottesloe beach, there is this seafood place that serves marvellous mussels, huge ones!

if you have some time off, you can drive all the way down south to albany. the scenic view on the Bridge and Gap facing the ocean is breath-taking.

Comment

Besides apple strudel, check out Jester Pies, they and The Cheesecake Shop. Yummy!

Yeap, down south is fun, esp the wineries at margaret river

Up north, would be to the Pinnacle and Wave Rock ..

Comment

weather in perth in aug/sep is relatively cool with warm days and cool nights. definitely a jacket for evenings but in the day, you can get away with light clothing.

Comment

Has anyone tried hot-air ballooning in Perth before? Thinking of trying it out when i go there.. Wondering how much is it and whether i must make arrangements in advance? Sorry for the many questions..
                TIA!

Comment

i'm not sure if you have to go up north, somewhere near Monkey Mia for hot air balloon rides. a drive up north can take anywhere between 6-8 hours.

Comment

Hi!

Is Jurlique cheaper in Perth???

Is there anything else to get there other than Bloom, Corica apple strudel and nougats???

Comment

where to get Corica strudel?????

Comment

Corica

Corica
                        106 Aberdeen Street
                        Northbridge
                        Australia 6003 Perth

Comment

Anyone got reasonable accomodation to recommend in Perth?

Comment

Originally posted by Cla
                            Has anyone tried hot-air ballooning in Perth before? Thinking of trying it out when i go there.. Wondering how much is it and whether i must make arrangements in advance? Sorry for the many questions..
                            TIA!
                            be prepared to pay $200/pax

Comment

Originally posted by flyingpig
                              Anyone got reasonable accomodation to recommend in Perth?
                              you can try to surf the net, at fremantle, there are few reasonable priced hotels.

Comment

what's nice in perth besides horse ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X