No announcement yet.

Dos and Don'ts during Confinement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started bathing after I got back from the hospital. My mother was very angry with me at first. I bluff her that there is this shower gel from Pamolive that contains ginger that is good for bathing during confinement. Then she wasn't so mad at me especially seeing that I haven't died.

But I ate some cake from Breadtalk (I know I am crazy!) and had very serious diarrhoea one week after I deliver, almost need to go the hospital. So I won't advise anyone to eat cake.

Comment

So troublesome...
      Last edited by DiorSnow79; 20-04-2005, 01:20 PM.

Comment

hmmm.. so can i safely say that we shld not stick rigidly to the confinement rules like before?

does any one of u, who did not stick to the rules, suffer from the syptoms elderly claimed will happen if we do not stick by them?

i'm stil in the midst of my pregnancy but have been beginning to worry about confinement already. cos there won't be anyone avaliable to do confinement for me, n hiring a nanny is so expensive (to me).

Comment

I showered soon after coming back from hospital, washed my hair a week after. It's been 8 months, I'm still ok. It was super hot weather then.

Did not have confinement lady, just catered confinement food and MIL help with some chores. Baby fully breastfed then so it was mostly me who looked after her.

Comment

i've also heard from medical professionals that the traditions likely originated in china etc etc. but most doctors would say if you want to do it, no harm although they haven't seen any benefits following the traditions in singapore

also, if you intend to breastfeed, i really think that not bathing/shampooing is hardly hygienic for the baby in hot and humid singapore where bacteria flourish

Comment

i showered and washed my hair while in hospital. When back home, i showered and washed hair every day. I made sure i blow dry my hair and bathed during the day and not at night. I'm still young to see if there are any consequences to my actions.

I can't imagine not bathing especially since i breastfeed my baby.

Thankfully i had a confinement nanny who is not naggy. She just made sure that i had enough nourishing food to counteract whatever "damage" that i may have done by bathing

Comment

hi there

i have a confinement lady coming, introduced by an aunt's friend (all good recommended ones are buzy with their own assignments)
                spoken to her on the phone recently, seems to be quite modern in her practices, so lets hope so..
                i still think i might just follow "some" of the traditional confinement rules..recently bought $300++ worth of herbs for my confinement :Doh: dun even know if i would use them all..even my own mom doubted me (knowing me)
                food cooked with ginger is ok but wont 'eat' the ginger..
                i heard confinement moms should wash hands, face, bath only in this 'black' herb water..(how not to shower???!!!)

Comment

do anyone of u ordered confinement food delivery before, or intend to? any good recommendations? oh! and where to buy the herbs for bathing?
                  Last edited by Priscillia; 28-04-2005, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I bathed & washed my hair everyday with herbs too. I even slept in an airconditioned room throughout my confinement.

Comment

Priscillia, I ordered confinement food from the following

www.confinement.com.sg

The food is OK but the price is expensive. However there are very few choices for confinement food catering and they all charge around the same. I did not want a confinement nanny, and my mother insisted that I eat confinement food, so catering was my only choice. I am really glad I did it, because it is so convenient for someone to deliver the food right to your doorstep. Even if I had a confinement nanny to cook, I will have to cater to the time for her to go marketing, prepare and cook the food, wash and clean up after that, and during this time I will have to attend to the baby and do housework. I really enjoyed the convenience of confinement catering.

Originally posted by Priscillia
                      do anyone of u ordered confinement food delivery before, or intend to? any good recommendations? oh! and where to buy the herbs for bathing?

Comment

I also bathe and turned on the aircon during confinement.

My MIL who worked as a midwife at KKH, also bathe during her confinement. She has 3 children and is now still very strong and healthy.

Originally posted by bebelatte
                        I bathed & washed my hair everyday with herbs too. I even slept in an airconditioned room throughout my confinement.

Comment

Originally posted by Priscillia

priscillia
                          any medical shop would do..my aunt brought me to this particular one at chinatown, BEE's BRAND..bought but haven tried..

Comment

May be OT, I like Thomspon Hospital for it's confinement food. Glen Eagles's lousy!!

Thompson even have photocopies of confinement recipes which I think you can request for it. I got one from the plastic pocket at the back of my room door ... IIRC!!
                            Last edited by GG; 28-04-2005, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I think Amway has set of herbs for pregnant ladies too as my SIL was using it during her confinement. There are herbs for bathing, tummy wrap, washing the private area and for brewing herbal tea as well.

Comment

thank you all..

is it v expensivE? - those herbs..

Comment

Working...
                                X