• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    chidori
    Cozy Rookie

• chidori
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoppingQueenie View Post
    Another thing is your the side of tongue will have teeth mark. As your tongue will swell up horizontally if you're suffer from heatiness.
    Ah I suffer from this condition when I wake up in the morning. Didnt know its due to heatiness too. I was feeling extremely uncomfortable the whole day with the painful tongue. It felt as though someone was biting my tongue.

Leave a comment:

• tabbie
    Cozy Star

• tabbie
    replied
    Yup ShoppingQueenie, that is how I know if I' getting heaty or not. I'll have toothache and my tooth would go loose

Leave a comment:

• ShoppingQueenie
    Cozy Celeb

• ShoppingQueenie
    replied
    silly question.. how do we know if you are "heaty" ?

Another thing is your the side of tongue will have teeth mark. As your tongue will swell up horizontally if you're suffer from heatiness.

Leave a comment:

• artichoke
    Cozy Star

• artichoke
    replied
    I'll take 'luo han guo', barley and eat lots of fruits.
    One reason why caucasians don't have any problems with 'heatiness' might be because of the region they are living in. South East Asian's very near the equator and thus weather is more humid and warm then compared to the temperate regions. Heatiness can sometimes be caused by the weather.

Leave a comment:

• scent26
    Cozy Rookie

• scent26
    replied
    Yeah hate feeling "heaty" .. red lips, bad breath .. and bad tempered ..

I drink ENO lemon flavoured cooling fruit salt. It works for me, will usually feel better after 1-2 sachets. I'll drink lotsa water and have enough rest...oh rest, its never enough for me

Leave a comment:

• Fantasia
    Cozy Rookie

• Fantasia
    replied
    Jazzanova, "heatiness" isn't really a term which most caucasians are too familiar with. So perhaps that's why you never really hear them complain about it too much? Either that, or their body isn't as sensitive as ours.

However, they do suffer quite badly from acne problems, constipation, heartburn, ulcers and the likes, but they don't really know that heatiness is the cause of it.

In the UK, many caucasians here have a terrible, terrible diet....so I doubt they're that healthy

Leave a comment:

• jazzanova
    Cozy Rookie

• jazzanova
    replied
    abit off-topic, but i always wonder how come asians will have this 'heatiness' prob but not the caucasians? something to do with diet?

anyway, i always buy those 'liang cha' bottle (around $1 each) from chinese medicinal halls. works well for me.

Leave a comment:

• stilafaux
    Cozy SuperStar

• stilafaux
    replied
    I always experience heatiness most of the time and I drink lots of barley water and Chrysanthemum tea to bring the heatiness down.

I would feel really "heated" up and get this uncomfortable feeling , like something's not right with my body.

I also get constipation and spots as well.

Leave a comment:

• ShoppingQueenie
    Cozy Celeb

• ShoppingQueenie
    replied
    So Happy! At least her CC, the ladies know that we always have body heatiness. Cos the stupid male doctor always said that "Body heatiness" is not in their dictionary Always said that mine is irregular hormone problem.

Mine is quite serious. I'll have very serious breakouts in my face. Means have to go on 2 weeks antibiotics medication for my face. Whole body aching & my face feel like a volcano anytime that will explode.

And to drink all kinds of cooling herbal teas. Don't help

Leave a comment:

• qian
    Cozy Celeb

• qian
    replied
    haha.. yup went to bed early this few days.. cos find that my skin is suffering as well too... shall go get luo han guo.. yea! think grass jelly is not bad too.. but think cooling stuffs cannot take too much.. esp when having menses.. gives me cramps..

Leave a comment:

• Fantasia
    Cozy Rookie

• Fantasia
    replied
    I find that watermelons are really cooling and do wonders for me

Chrysanthemum tea gets another thumbs up from me Because I get heaty so easy, I have this everyday. If you are making it from fresh, don't be tempted to put sugar in it, as it's heaty.

I was recommended this by my chinese doctor....Try getting 100grams of small red bean, a handful of rice and put this into 1/2 a pan of water. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 1 hour.

Bascially, just watch what you eat in the meantime and no more late nights for you, Qian
    Fantasia
    Cozy Rookie
    Last edited by Fantasia; 05-07-2004, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lumos
    Cozy Star

• lumos
    replied
    you can get those instant 'luo han guo' or water chestnut drinks from traditional chinese medicinal halls. you just need to add water and stir. i always bring them along when i go travelling cos i'm pretty prone to heatiness

Leave a comment:

• namida
    Cozy Star

• namida
    replied
    For me I would get constipation and i could really feel the heatiness in my body. Normally, I would drink Jin Yin Hua or cooling tea (have forgotten the name)

Luo Han Guo is good

Leave a comment:

• qian
    Cozy Celeb

• qian
    replied
    where to get luo han guo? does it really help? have been staying out pretty late this few nights.. feel heaty,..

Leave a comment:

• islande
    Cozy Star

• islande
    replied
    i always drink lots of water and avoid diuretics (fluids that actually dehydrate rather than rehydrate) - coffee, tea, coke, alcohol... basically stuff with caffeine

but if i do start feeling heaty, i drink that bottled 'cooling water' or my SO's grandma's cooling herbal tea an alternative is also Honey with water. very good for your system!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X