No announcement yet.

Doing Away with Wedding Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are holding a wedding lunch @ Peony Jade. Reasonable price and quite a number of good review on the food as well.

Peony Jade minimum 15tables (18table and above you can have the whole place youself), max 22 tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Luvying
      yupyup!! My SO actually prefers restuaruants as he's more particular with the food. But somehow I prefer hotel? Lol.. Am researching on the prices now. What about you? Any places for banquets you have in mind???
      my coming ROM will be in Peony Jade, but its only 2 tables, so nothing much....

for banquet, i may consider restaurants like Noble House, heard that the atmosphere quite shanghai style one and food is superb... i don't really mind whether its hotel or restaurant... as long as you can make your wedding memorable. Noble House cheapest is 478 if i am Not wrong, for per table, you can also choose 500+ or 600+ those package

Comment

Originally posted by kula

for banquet, i may consider restaurants like Noble House, heard that the atmosphere quite shanghai style one and food is superb... i don't really mind whether its hotel or restaurant... as long as you can make your wedding memorable. Noble House cheapest is 478 if i am Not wrong, for per table, you can also choose 500+ or 600+ those package
        My cousin held his wedding dinner at Noble house last year. The food is good! The place looks great! And the price is reasonable!

Comment

Originally posted by kula

Sounds good! Any idea how the ballroom looks like?

Comment

according to my friend, Noble House Looks quite shanghai style... quite nice.
            i am also looking at fullerton wedding lunch, heard that its Not ex

Comment

i was there last sat for company dinner.... they are having a wedding at the same time too... the room is not bad.... deco is acceptable..... like what you see in a normal hotel......(those around $600 - $700 range)

food wise i can say is very good.... better than alot of hotel......waitresses are friendly........ toilet is clean...... overall for a budget wedding.....

Comment

Noble House's decor is not bad. But cos its housed in a rather old building, there's a lack of ambience as compared with say, holding it at a hotel. There's bound to be some compromises, though the food can easily offset that.

Comment

I'm thinking of having a wedding lunch as well. However, many friends have advised against that. They say that I will make a huge loss since people tends to give less ang pows for wedding lunch, even though lunch costs as much as dinner nowadays.

I don't intend to make a profit or even dare to dream of breaking even for that matter. But to incur a huge loss would be quite painful since SO and I intend to have a budget wedding.

What do you girls think? We are going to be very selective on our guest list. Only our nearest and dearest will be invited. It will probably be a max of 100 guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Witchery View Post
                    I'm thinking of having a wedding lunch as well. However, many friends have advised against that. They say that I will make a huge loss since people tends to give less ang pows for wedding lunch, even though lunch costs as much as dinner nowadays.

I don't intend to make a profit or even dare to dream of breaking even for that matter. But to incur a huge loss would be quite painful since SO and I intend to have a budget wedding.

What do you girls think? We are going to be very selective on our guest list. Only our nearest and dearest will be invited. It will probably be a max of 100 guests.

its your wedding, and no matter how many guests you invite, i am sure you will still be able to enjoy the process! In fact, 100 guests is okay... i may also have 100 guests for my wedding, inviting only close friends and the closest Relatives... i see no point inviting those i never seen before or seldom contact at all.

Comment

i wouldn't mind doing away with the wedding dinner. the money can be saved to buy a more beautifuk cozy house for the 2 of us! But then, we have to respect the decisions of our parents on both sides. if given a choice, i might want to save the money

Comment

Wichery: Im doing wedding lunch as well, my sis also tell me that i will make a loss. She said people tend to give $40?? But since we are only inviting close friends & relative, I dont think the loss will be really that huge.

Comment

Hey ladies, I'll be having my wedding lunch this coming May 2007. I felt it is very subjective because some people made a loss from wedding dinner, some from lunch. I have also heard of people made a profit from lunch, as well as dinner. So, at the end of the day, it depends on who you are inviting.

Also, I feel that wedding lunch won't make a loss too much as people tend to drink less liquor in the day? Then again, this is very subjective.

I think most importantly is both of you must be happy with it. I think that is the most important part of making the decision.

Comment

hubby & i wouldn't mind if we didn't have any wedding dinner, but he being the only son, his dad wanted. hence, our rom was a very simple affair. initially, we wanted a grand rom & after that, honeymoon.
                            sigh~
                            even though our dinner went 99% successfully, given a chance again, i'd rather not have wedding dinner!
                            it was a headache planning ***!!

Comment

Working...
                            X