Star Awards 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Awards 2010

I was expecting Wang Yuqing to be nominated for best supporting actor. His performance in <当我们同在一起> is excellent. I still remember the scene where he is on his deathbed still wanting to drink his 'daughter-in-law' tea. I will never forget his expression then, eyes all red and wide but not looking, like going to die with wide eyes open.

Jeanette Aw nominated in best actress? Nah, I don't think so. The supporting girl who is in the same show acting as a lawyer was so much more convincing and way better.

Again, I think it's just an award show for Mediacopr to promote who they, aka the bosses, like. Take it with a pinch of salt, people!

actually i kind of like the other girl who acted as tarzan's sister.. her real name is eelyn kok is it?? her acting was excellent..

Comment

Oh my god. Why is Jeanette Aw even in the list? I heard more praises for the China girl's acting than hers..

And why is 当我们同在一起 taking up so many nominations? Gosh...

Comment

it's like nonya at star awards all over again.

my vote goes to eelyn kok - is she even in the list?

no matter, since i've given up on Star awards being real recognition of stars' work.

Comment

Not a fan of both but,

I think mediacorp is trying to promote 当我们同在一起 or rather jeanette aw. I dont see why she can get listed and not felicia chin(i thgt she did rather good for the show 添丁发财).

Comment

Originally posted by girlfriendd View Post
            [url]The supporting girl who is in the same show acting as a lawyer was so much more convincing and way better.

Again, I think it's just an award show for Mediacopr to promote who they, aka the bosses, like. Take it with a pinch of salt, people!
            the supporting girl u mentioned i read from newspaper is currently negotiating her renewal contract with tcs so...ah hem ah hem...maybe tcs purplely don't renew because in mid stuck of career

i do think she acted well for her role..from a soft and easily bullied girl to a more independent confident lawyer in the 60's era..jeanette aw acting is not that lousy but just that no breakthrough, very lukewarm and same expression throughout...

Comment

The words "acting" and "Jeanette Aw" just simply don't go together ***. She's simply not an actress, more of an idol sort, someone who's easy on the eyes on screen.

It's bizarre to me how even though it's clear that the majority public opinion is that she simply can't act, Mediacorp can still nominate her for Best Actress, and their management can commend her acting skills in the press. Do they simply ignore mass opinion?

Comment

they're simply in denial.

Comment

Rui En is sooooooooo much better and actress than JA but has never gotten a single nomination. You're absolutely right about giving up on SA as proper recognition for artistes.

I also think it's so funny how when u read the comments on BaguaTV blog, JA's fans make her out to be this amazing actress when actually those sort of comments are only seen on that blog and nowhere else.
                  Last edited by Bluth; 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I heard on the radio station that this year star awards will be on going for 2 nights. Why is there a need this year?

Comment

girlfriendd,

me too, expecting wang yuqing to be nominated best supporting actor but i guess he's not a full time artiste in MC therefore he was not nominated.

ANd YES!! WTH/F is JA in the best actress cat? hahaha... should be best expressionless actress b.a?

i hope Hong Hui Fang or Ann Kok wins it.

Comment

Originally posted by girlfriendd View Post
                        http://showbiz.omy.sg/Showbiz/E-News...31-125536.html

I was expecting Wang Yuqing to be nominated for best supporting actor. His performance in <当我们同在一起> is excellent. I still remember the scene where he is on his deathbed still wanting to drink his 'daughter-in-law' tea. I will never forget his expression then, eyes all red and wide but not looking, like going to die with wide eyes open.

Jeanette Aw nominated in best actress? Nah, I don't think so. The supporting girl who is in the same show acting as a lawyer was so much more convincing and way better.

wang yu qing can't be nominated because he is not a full time mediacorp artist, someone asked this in Paul chan's blog and that was the reply.

anyway the list is terrible, so many undeserving ones, some people got popular and best mixed up cos seriously some of the acting were really terrible.

Comment

i hope eelyn kok win the best actress award,she totally deserve the tittle.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBali View Post
                            I heard on the radio station that this year star awards will be on going for 2 nights. Why is there a need this year?
                            Cos they want to give Jeanette Aw some award.

Read on Baguatv before that they are giving away some awards like "Best character in a show" or something. I don't see the need to cos this isn't TVB..

Comment

Maybe they should rename the ceremony to Mediacorp Award if they want to only nominate their own stable of full time artiste or follow TVB style (like they call it TVB anniversary award show or something). I thought acting award is held to recognize outstanding acting in shows, not who is on full time, who is on contract, who is on part-time basis. So obvious that awards will be given to who they want to promote, not given to who's acting is really good.

How to create buzz, easy. Put a few actress/actors they like in same category to stir up public interest. Like last year, Joanna Peh and Jeanette Aw who both are their so call 'A listers', this year Dai Yangtian and Elvin, Jeanette again.

Jeanette's acting in <当我们同在一起> is totally mechanical and robotic. Her expression, diction is the same throughout the show. To export the show to other country and tell people that actress is our best actress nominee is embarrassing. Her nomination makes Best Actress category and past winners like Huang Biren not have any credibility at all. . She still have a long way to go. To her fans, I am criticizing her acting so don't shoot me.

I guess somewhere in Mediacorp, some top people is calling the shots and it's screwing up the company. That's why they are losing talents like Xie Shaoguang, Biren, etc. No wonder some foreigner can say our entertainment industry has no progress. When can the company ever develop talents to the likes of Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, or say Tony Leung, Andy Lau whom they themselves also started from television drama series?

Comment

Working...
                              X