Hubby In Theatre Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moo
    and yes, being a 'brave' man....he cut the cord.
    I heard one man describe that cutting the cord feels like 'cutting a rubber hose'. Did your hubby say that?

I asked hubby if he wants to cut the cord, he says he wants to catch and hold the baby while gynea cuts the cord instead.

Comment

My hubby wants to cut the cord too though I haven't spoken to the gynae about it. I hope he has the composure to do it because everything will happen so fast that he'll have trouble juggling between so many things to do (filming, taking photos, comforting me, holding the baby etc)

Comment

Hubby's response is "no choice right?" so he said he'd be there for labour, and cutting the cord. But he did say if he faints, also... "no choice right?" He did say maybe better to get a TRIPOD for the camera in case he faints and drops it. Duh.

I told him being there isn't quite "sharing" the pain, he ought to be circumcised (ho ho ho, then if I go natural, HE goes "natural" no painkiller too hah!) at the same time...
        Kidding!

Comment

yep yep he did....said its very rubbery.......as apprehensive as he was about doing it, at the end of the day he's glad that he could participate in the labour.

ariel - that's the hubby's job....afterall you're doing all the work, they SHOULD keep themselves useful!

mel - he won't faint, tell your hubby not to worry. he'll be so excited seeing your baby and worried about you, he won't have a chance to be squirmish.

Comment

Really envy you Moo

Hope my hubby will be there for me too

Comment

Originally posted by SummerDay
              Really envy you Moo

Hope my hubby will be there for me too
              Don't worry! When your hubby sees you going through all that contraction pains on that day itself, he'll probably not bear to leave you alone in labour ward.

Comment

Hubby will cut the cord for our baby... feel likes he having some ribbon cutting ceremony - the way he so proud of it.. hehe

Comment

i totally agree with mango....summerday, ur hubby will not bear to leave u alone!

hahaha, acidica....i like that 'ribbon cutting'

Comment

That's so exciting! I think i wanna cut the baby's cord myself! that's if I'm still conscious

Comment

Thank you guy
                      He has already told me he dont want to go into the labour room, but it ok i will persistent persuading him to try if he really cant take it then he can walk out
                      i like the " ribbon cutting " idea too
                      hee hee may be can use the " ribbon cutting " as a bait to lead him into the labour room hahaha

Comment

Told Hubby about the " ribbon cutting" thing, and he give me this look will forgive him as i know he is alway feeling very squirmish about all this thing
                        i will have the to ask my gynea it is possible to cut the cord myself if i have a natural delivery. As i feel the meaning of parent cutting the cord for the baby is much greater than the gynea cutting it. There might be a speacial bond in between too when cutting the cord. In future i can proud tell my kid, " hey i am the one cutting the cord for you not the gynea" isnt that feel good.

Comment

summerday....may i be 'kaypoh' and ask why he's reluctant to be in the labour room with you? just wondering if i could help convince him? my 1st baby is 10.5 mths old and the experience is still fresh in my mind.....

i can't quite understand why guys would feel squirmish if they are standing on the wife's side. its the gynae who's looking at the gory details. maybe they're afraid of seeing their wives in pain?

Comment

Originally posted by Moo

i can't quite understand why guys would feel squirmish if they are standing on the wife's side. its the gynae who's looking at the gory details. maybe they're afraid of seeing their wives in pain?
                            I was told that no matter where the man stand, he'll pretty much be able to see everything, eg, the crowning and blood and all. We all know that birthing is not exactly a pretty sight and there'll be lots of blood, body fluids and whatnot involved. I guess some people are just very visually sensitive to these things- its just like some people automatically feel like fainting/puking when they see fresh blood or deep wounds, etc. I've heard of stories whereby the man goes into labourward with wifey and they ended up nearly fainting, or worse still, developed hangups and couldn't perform in bed thereafter because what he saw simply kept replaying in his head.

Am I right to say that a man's reaction to labour videos could provide come insights on how he'll possibly react? SummerDay, has your hubby seen a birthing video before? How did he react?

Comment

yes, most likely. My bf told me that if he enters the delivery room with me, and witness my great pain, he's afraid that he'll turn mad and stop the process , shouting "Don give birth already lAR! Stop Stop, dOnt WAn already!"

Comment

Originally posted by ArieS
                                yes, most likely. My bf told me that if he enters the delivery room with me, and witness my great pain, he's afraid that he'll turn mad and stop the process , shouting "Don give birth already lAR! Stop Stop, dOnt WAn already!"
                                Haha..that makes alot of sense, really! Cause my hubby knows I don't want to use any form of pain-relief at all, and he is so worried that I can't take it (my threshold of pain is VERY low usually). He kept saying that when he sees me in pain, he'll probably yell out for the doc and nurses to give me whatever they can to relieve the pain. I kept telling him, the role of a birth companion is to help the mother hang in there and be encouraging and supportive if she doesnt want pain-relief; But he seems to think that the role of a birth companion is to relieve the mother of pain asap and make her as comfortable as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X