Mommies of Babies & Toddlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted-----------
    Last edited by Jen_Babez; 16-03-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

deleted-------------
      Last edited by Jen_Babez; 16-03-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hi all mums, I'm a mother of a 2 yrs old little monster . Currently pregnant :preggie: with my 2nd one. Going to due in end feb or mar.

Nice meeting you all... have a nice weekend ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by jennifer_77

But the schooling thing is also a prob for me. DOnt know whether i should enrol more academic based stuff for him besides the playgroup.
          Yeah.. all moms go through this phase including myself now.. Will be talking to more friends on this issue to help me out..

But 2 yrs old.. academic based would be stressful. So young.. playing through learning is much more fun. Then won't scare him off learning..

Comment

Originally posted by IceBaby
            Hi all mums, I'm a mother of a 2 yrs old little monster . Currently pregnant :preggie: with my 2nd one. Going to due in end feb or mar.

Nice meeting you all... have a nice weekend ahead!
            Haiks?? Do i know u?? Your baby's name sound sooooooooo familiar!! U in any yahoo groups??

Seems like all of us who have a 2 year old toddler will nicknamed them Monster.. Lol. Guess they are that scary!

Comment

Originally posted by cherie
              Haiks?? Do i know u?? Your baby's name sound sooooooooo familiar!! U in any yahoo groups??

Seems like all of us who have a 2 year old toddler will nicknamed them Monster.. Lol. Guess they are that scary!

Hi there :wave:

Nope, I'm not in any yahoo groups...

Of coz they were scary, they can't stay still for a sec

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach
                CC mums gathering sounds like a great idea.
                So, anyone game for a gathering? Can sit and chat, or, check out year-end sales. I haven't seen the newly-done Tangs

I think I'd be ok to bring baby out to town or something as soon as next week

Comment

Me! Me! Me!

Comment

waaah, I wanna go!! (and I owe Davis a lunch for her generosity ) but I dont think I can bring baby out shopping cause if I do go out, I'll be slinging her, and I cant sling for long if I walk around (baby too heavy). When are you girls going? Maybe I can meet up you all for lunch or tea before/after your shopping?

Comment

Mummies of older babies & toddlers....when did your baby started to crawl? mine is coming close to nine months old but she doesnt seem to take that first crawl yet. However she manuveors quite well in a baby walker.

Comment

Hi poem, I think my baby started crawling at about 7 .5 months old. But I read that from here most babies starts crawlin between 6 to 10 months, so no worries.

I find this Baby Developmental Milestone Chart pretty useful: http://www.babycenter.com/general/ba...ment/6476.html

Comment

Originally posted by poem
                          Mummies of older babies & toddlers....when did your baby started to crawl? mine is coming close to nine months old but she doesnt seem to take that first crawl yet. However she manuveors quite well in a baby walker.
                          Hi poem,

My baby started at 6.5 months but not the 4 legged crawl though. It's the 'soldier' crawl..

Like what momopeach said, crawling stage is from 6-10 months, so nothing to worry about. However, there are babies who skip the crawling stage all together and proceed to walking. Heard and read that crawling is good for child's future developments so it's advisable to encourage your baby to crawl for at least 2 months before walking.

Things u can do to help your baby to crawl is get rid of the baby walker ( i know it's really convenient but walker does slow them down in their milestones according to some reseaches), or cut back the time spent on walker.

Secondly, u can start crawling yourself for demo and encouragement purposes, that's what i did Seems more fun to them in a way seeing their mom is doing it and they will wanna copy too

And lastly, u can put a toy or food or something interesting in front of your baby for him/her to reach out and slowly, add the distance.

Hope this helps

p.s: my firstborn started 'walking' first before crawling (4 legged) at 10 months old

Comment

Originally posted by cherie
                            Heard and read that crawling is good for child's future developments so it's advisable to encourage your baby to crawl for at least 2 months before walking.
                            Yes! I read that some famous (but radical) school has their primary school age kids crawl around for half-hr before lessons start, to good results. Helps in left-right brain something, as well as body coordination. :huh:
                            I'm already trying to encourage the soldier crawl, first we started with her curled up on hubby's tummy (or mattress, we prefer hubby's tummy cos more comforting), then we progressed to putting her on the mattress and letting the soles of her feet press against our hands. She manages some sort of assisted soldier crawl for... a few inches?

Comment

Yup i read before that crawling helps in developmental in the future.
                              Really makes me stressed out when people asked me: So...can she crawl yet?
                              Hubby have been religiously conducting crawling lessons with her ....but she usually cries & fusses after 20 mins of "lesson".
                              Thank you for the tips & info gals.
                              Hopefully there will be some improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by poem
                                Really makes me stressed out when people asked me: So...can she crawl yet?
                                I feel ya. For awhile, my mum was stressing me out too by comparing Mila with her friend's grandson who was suppossedly very advanced in everything for his age. As long as your baby is doing ok for his age group, then just don't bother what others said.

Comment

Working...
                                X