X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GG
    replied
    Well done cloe!!

Think positively, be happy, may be you can also try and check out some holistic food/diet.

Leave a comment:

• cloe
    replied
    Thanks everyone! You take care too! ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Ariel
    replied
    I am glad to hear that everything is ok with you now, cloe! All the best in trying for a baby. Take care!

Leave a comment:

• mogmick
    replied
    Very relieved for you Cloe

All the very best in trying for baby

Leave a comment:

• cc_lia
    replied
    Congrats cloe!! so happy for you that you are fine now.

Faster try for a bb ok.

Leave a comment:

• cloe
    replied
    Hi cotters, I'm back to this forum.
    I had a colpo and pap smear done on 24 Mar. The colpo scan has improved a lot (white - abnormal - cells reduces) and the doc asked me to go back 6 mths later. Said the pap smear result will be mailed to me 2 weeks later. I felt a sense of relief. However, I didn't receive the pap smear result after 2 weeks. Funny, the thought of receiving the results just cross my mind when I was changing into my home clothes after coming back from work one day and I started to feel anxious. Strange enough, the nurse called at 5+ pm the following day and recall me back for a colpo. Told her that I've just been to one 2 weeks earlier and the next appointment is in Sep. She understand but insists that I go for colpo on the next available "colpo day" (the colpo is only done on Wed or Thu). I was really worried and started to think of the worse. While in my hubby's car, I couldn't stop crying though he told me not to worry. "Medical science is so advanced now and sometimes doctors just have to check again when results / diagnosis are not clear." I went for the colpo again the following Wed (20 Apr). The doc told me my pap smear is fine, nothing cancerous. Then we did a colpo and he said that my cervix look healthy. I was discharged! I was still a bit blur when he said that. That means I'm ok? Even the nurse has to ask me to wait outside the room as I'm a bit dazed. I was asked to do a pap smear a year later. I was really glad it turns out fine.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm glad it's over (at least for now) and I'll try for a BB now. Hope to share the good news soon. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• cloe
    replied
    Happy CNY to all of you. Thanks a lot for all your concern.
    I'll be going for a Colpo again end of March and hope that the pre-cancerous cells are gone. GG, I'm glad that your sis-in-law is fine. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will update in due course.
    Thanks a lot.

Leave a comment:

• GG
    replied
    Dear Cloe,

My sister in law went for pap smear test and also found pre-cancerous cells. She too got re-checked done at a later stage and cells were normal after that.

It's good that you're doing Yoga now as it's a great method to relax both your body and mind. Not only that it's therapeutic too!!

All the best.

Leave a comment:

• cc_lia
    replied
    Hi cloe, do update us with your situation and I am sure you will be safe and fine. We will all be praying for you. :wish:

Leave a comment:

• MissGinger
    replied
    Originally posted by cloe
    I'm really touched by all your concern. I saw the doc for the colpo biopsy but to my disappointment, they couldn't establish whether the tissue is cancerous. But from my pap smear result, it may be pre-cancerous (i.e. cells may not be cancerous yet or a grade 1 cancer). He then gave me some options to choose:

1) Kill off the abnormal cells using low current & repeat the colpo in 6 mths. Will result in bleeding for 10 days or so.

2) Wait for 3 mths and repeat colpo to see whether the abnormal cells have spread. Then decide what to do.

I chose the second option as the doc said that the cells may turn normal themselves. In addition, such cells do not just suddenly become cancerous. They take mths or years to develop. I just kept my fingers crossed. Though it's been some time since the D&C, I sometimes still feel a bit lost about the marriage. I try not to think about it too much and have just taken up yoga to relax myself. Hope it works.

For those who are trying for babies, pls keep on trying. Don't be discouraged by my experience. Once my body is ok, I'll also try for one. Let's cheer on!
    All the best to you and I will keep you in my prayers. Hope everything will turn out fine.

Leave a comment:

• MissGinger
    replied
    Originally posted by naughtygirl
    Selecting the right gynae for yourself is more important than selecting the hospital in my opinion. The hospital is just the place you give birth and what matters ultimately is your gynae's experience, skills and the rapport you build with he/she.

In Singapore, all hospitals for delivering babies are of a certain standard. Some may select a more expensive hospital because they think its more prestigious when the hospital name is reflected in the birth cert. Some may like the better facilities. For me, good reputation (caring etc) of the nurses/sisters is important as well as the atmosphere of the hospital. I need somewhere with a cozy and private feel.

I am fortuate to have a gynae that offers to do deliveries in 3 hospitals and so I get to have a gynae I like plus select a hospital I like too.
    This is true to a certain extend but the hospital is also important if you want/need good breast-feeding knowlegable nurses and good nurses who support your decisions.

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    replied
    Hi Cloe

Are u ok? Hope U are doing fine.

Leave a comment:

• cloe
    replied
    I'm really touched by all your concern. I saw the doc for the colpo biopsy but to my disappointment, they couldn't establish whether the tissue is cancerous. But from my pap smear result, it may be pre-cancerous (i.e. cells may not be cancerous yet or a grade 1 cancer). He then gave me some options to choose:

1) Kill off the abnormal cells using low current & repeat the colpo in 6 mths. Will result in bleeding for 10 days or so.

2) Wait for 3 mths and repeat colpo to see whether the abnormal cells have spread. Then decide what to do.

I chose the second option as the doc said that the cells may turn normal themselves. In addition, such cells do not just suddenly become cancerous. They take mths or years to develop. I just kept my fingers crossed. Though it's been some time since the D&C, I sometimes still feel a bit lost about the miscarriage. I try not to think about it too much and have just taken up yoga to relax myself. Hope it works.

For those who are trying for babies, pls keep on trying. Don't be discouraged by my experience. Once my body is ok, I'll also try for one. Let's cheer on!
    Last edited by cloe; 07-02-2005, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cc_lia
    replied
    Hi

I also intend to start family this year, done a pap smear test in nov last year the gynae said i am "fertile". I asked her whether i need to go for thorough checkup she said no need....but I am abit worried because I remember when i was young i has anemia problem i am worry i have thelesemia minor thou my husband health checkup (he went for a thorough one every year provided by his company) indicate he is healthy except slightly fat

Will be going for this thelesemia test with my husband this weekend. pray everything is alright.

I admire and salute the ladies :preggie: who went for hormone jabs or went thru miscarriage to try to conceive children its really a very painful process. You must tell your children how brave and "wei da" you were to bring them out to this world.

cloe, be strong and take care! I will pray for you.

Leave a comment:

• septembre
    replied
    Hi Cleo I'm trying for a baby myself. My heart goes out to you. Be strong ok. I'll pray for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X