X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priscillia
    replied
    Originally posted by SummerDay
    Dun think your friend's friend cant breast feed her baby is due to she never wash her nipple when she is pregnant, i think there should be some other medical reason. Cos i never have any special washing for my nipple during my pregnant, and i still manage to breast feed my baby.
    so there's no need for any special care in order to be able to breastfeed, am i right to say that?
    scared me.. keke~

Leave a comment:

• keiko
    replied
    i agree with summerday. just ask for the FM glass bottles, they take lesser space that milk bottles in the fridge. Just replace the metal caps with plastic caps that you use for milk bottles because the metal caps will rust.

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Yes, like what happybean mention any standard mouth size bottles will do. Hee hee hee , did not buy any extra bottles other then the 6 bottle that come-in in the package, cos i ask for the glass bottle from the hospital that contain FM

Leave a comment:

• gajahgirl
    replied
    yes, i understand the distributor sells it for $280 including delivery. But i'm not in a hurry (only due 2nd half of july) so if i can get it for under $200 (after claiming VAT) then I figure that's quite a good deal.

SummerDay, the price is just for the pump, not the whole set. I figure I'll mostly be pumping from home so I don't think i need the travel kit. Can i use normal bottles for the pump or does it have to be ameda bottles? Thanks for the advice!

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Originally posted by happybean
    i bought the ameda lactaline set last year in Singapore and if i were living in Singapore and had to do it again, i would still buy in singapore because the CS i received from the distributor was excellent and prompt.
    Hi happybean,
    I did try calling the distributor in singapore before buying from the net but the phone is forever no one answer
    How much did you pay for your pump ?

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Originally posted by Priscillia
    hi..
    was wondering is there any preps to b done before i can breast-feed my kid in future? cos my friend told me.. one of her friend cannot breastfeed her kid (as told by the doc) cos she did not wash her nipple while she was pregnant..
    is there such a thing? cos i duno my friend's friend.. so didn't ask much.
    Dun think your friend's friend cant breast feed her baby is due to she never wash her nipple when she is pregnant, i think there should be some other medical reason. Cos i never have any special washing for my nipple during my pregnant, and i still manage to breast feed my baby.

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Review on the Ameda breast pump

I think the pump was great .
    At first is quite quiet but after sometime of using the noise get louder. According to friend that have use the medela mini plus set say the noise make by her set is louder than my ameda, but i have never hear the noise of medela before so dont know is it true. i think ameda was great because i use it very heavily. the first time i start to use it was when i son admit to the hospital due to jandice when he is only a few day old, at that time i pump every 2 hour for 3 day.... hee hee so lucky the pump did not burn , after i go back to work i pump 3 to 4 time in the day and additional once in the night and once in the morning as my son is teething now so he does not want to latch on. So average i am pumping around 5 time a day and i have being using for the pump for 6 month, and the pump is still working well. Definitely a great pump to have
    Due to my purchase is from US so the voltage is different but with a transformer the problem will be solve. Transformer cost a few dollar only and you can easily get it from any electrical shop or DIY shop like HomeFix

Oh, one more thing if any of the part is wear n tear you can purchase them from the breastfeeding organizition, but the price is not cheap

Hope this review is helpful for those mum-to-be to decide which breast pump they want to get.

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Hi gajahgirl,
    i brought my ameda from a US website and bring in through Vpost, total cost about S$370.00. i know you can get the pump is singapore at the price of S$288.00 for the pump only from muminmind or the breastfeeding organzition. The box wasnt very big i think it around 60cm x 40cm, not very heavy lar cos i can even bring it home on my own when i am :preggie:
    if you can get it at S$230.00 that is really very cheap but it is the whole set or just the pump?

What i brought is http://www.breast-pumps.org/ameda_pu...s_backpack.asp

What singapore has is http://www.breast-pumps.org/ameda_pu...rs_no_tote.asp

Leave a comment:

• Priscillia
    replied
    hi..
    was wondering is there any preps to b done before i can breast-feed my kid in future? cos my friend told me.. one of her friend cannot breastfeed her kid (as told by the doc) cos she did not wash her nipple while she was pregnant..
    is there such a thing? cos i duno my friend's friend.. so didn't ask much.

Leave a comment:

• gajahgirl
    replied
    I've been shopping around for a breastpump as well, and am also keen to get the ameda lactaline. SummerDay, may I ask how much you paid for it and how large and heavy the packaging was? Its available for GBP75 (about S$230) including delivery within the UK so I'm thinking of getting a friend to carry it back for me. Should also be able to get VAT refund which makes it significantly cheaper than buying from here. Getting from the UK also means no problems with electrial compatability.

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    My son is teething now, and will not latch on at all
    Anyone has this experience ? How long will it take for him to be willing to latch on again? What can i do to help improve the situation?

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    no problem
    Hubby say he will take care of the transformer problem. Will post once he has set up everything

Leave a comment:

• Bashful
    replied
    opps! Just realise u are pregnant. Silly me, I thought u are going to try it out now.
    How do u get ur transformer? And how much does it cost u?

Leave a comment:

• SummerDay
    replied
    Ya... need one...
    will post the rewiew after using it for reference to other mummy........

Leave a comment:

• Bashful
    replied
    cool...
    let me know how it work for u.
    Do u need a transformer??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X