Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ask your friends who are mothers out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have few friends with kids. Some of them are ok when there is gathering. They will come and bring their kids. Some of them are busy with their family, and I understand. Normally we still chat through msn, or I will go to their houses for a chat as long as i am free and I am on the way. that's fine.

but I know that's difficult to ask them for dinner. so i settle on lunch on wkend. That's what the time for most of the gatherings anyway.

Yes, they need friends too beside their family. I get rejections some time when I asked them out, but if they are your friends, they will ask you out too once a while. so that's the balance ...

Comment

If it's a girl-friends gathering, I'll not bring my kids along, as all my attention will not be on my friends. anyway our gatherings are only once awhile. It's pretty fair for me to go out in this rate...

Comment

I am a mum of 2, and I definitely feel isolated from my pals. It kills me each time I see their happy pictures on facebook without me and makes me think if it's because I've become boring and only talk about my kids all the time - I do make a conscious effort not to though.

If anyone were to ask me out, it would make me feel happy that someone stills remember this oba-san! It's the thought that counts.

Comment

I have a 2 years old son, and i really appreciate that my friends often ask how are you etc and would like to catch up with me. It really means a lot to me, and it's not easy to take care of children. We also will miss the good o days with our friends. Jst that we don't have so much time like how it was before.

For those friends that understands and still often keep in contact, i believe they are the real friends. For those who in the end, gave up after much rejection, i think i will leave it as it is.

I have friends who i hang out with and i have no choice to bring my child along. They will ask if i can push to one of my relative to take care, cause they told me it will be troublesome bringing my son along. But i also understand that they want to use this time to catch up with me only. But still, telling me it will be troublesome to bring my son along hurts me a lot.. And slowly, then stop asking me out.

Comment

I have tried to. But after two hours plus they have to get home to look after the kids. They don't feel safe leaving the kids at home with the maid and granny.

Comment

yes, i asked them too. but normally they prefer us to go to their house, or they will not come out. end up we meet up lesser and lesser...

Comment

They can go out 2-3 hours with you but not the whole day.

Comment

Not anymore. Sometimes I only see them once every two years or more. My girl friend just gave birth recently and that's even harder to ask her out as she is so busy looking after her two daughters.

Comment

I did ask, but they always say they have to look after the kids at home.

Comment

Working...
                    X