Sleeping ... or NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faith_bbt

Oh dear, My bb won't sleep by just patting her on bed. She wants to be pat and walk rounds in the house. I try to pat her on bed, but she just won't go to sleep.

Comment

Bomy, my baby was like that in the first two months as well, so bear with it. They will get better. Even now, my husband walks her round the house when she gets cranky before bedtime, but it's more of an exception than a norm.

Comment

Originally posted by bomy
        faith_bbt

Oh dear, My bb won't sleep by just patting her on bed. She wants to be pat and walk rounds in the house. I try to pat her on bed, but she just won't go to sleep.
        I agree with MARGE, for newborns the first 2 to 3 months plus, they loves to be cuddle / swaddle (cos' when they are in our tummy..they enjoy those feelings...secure) That's explain why babies falls asleep easily when they are carried and cuddle.

During the first few months, I did exactly what QUEENIE do, I will carried them only when they can't be pat to sleep or cranky, then once I realised that bb has fallen asleep, I will put them on the bed and usually I will let them sleep side way or (whatever your babies' preference). and put the little bean pillow over their tummy, so that they will not be easily woke up by any loud noise.

I realised that both my 2 kids when they were newborn, they sleep better and longer in tummy postion, but of course I will let them sleep tummy position during day time cos' I can watch over them. BUt night time on their back...cos worried about SID heee....

Like what MOO said, when they know how to slip and any direction, I will let them sleep any position they want.

My eldest son, sleep thru the night when he turns 4 months old. And my younger girl, sleep thru the night when she turns 2 months!!!! I was quite fortunate, they were both angels!

Comment

faith - gosh you are LUCKY....

my situation is pretty close to your neighbour's. i've just had to let lauren CIO cos after 2 years of patting and rocking and night feeds. we decided that she's big enough to understand why she had to be weaned. as i said earlier, we still hang in the room with her till she falls asleep so that she'll continue to feel secure.

she's always given us 'sleep' problems, from 6-12 mths old, she kept waking in the middle of the night and insisting on us playing with her, we've explored almost every expressway in singapore at 2-4am in a bid to get her to sleep. then when she hit the terrible 2s, she kept waking in the middle of the night and had meltdowns...crying, screaming and vomitting for 2 hrs on hand. since we're all in the same room (space contraint), kirsten will naturally be awakened by the ruckus. can you imagine the symphony!

now, not sure what's gotten into kirsten, she wakes up for 2 night feeds! goodness, so exhausting. the 'good' thing (well for now at least) is that immediately after the feed she goes to sleep so i'm keeping fingers crossed i dun have to tour the expressways.

queenie, exactly, he can't be a baby forever! but jmho, do bear in mind that as soon as he seems able to sleep on his own without patting/rocking, let him do so....play by ear and occassional try to see if he can manage on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Moo
            faith - gosh you are LUCKY....

my situation is pretty close to your neighbour's. i've just had to let lauren CIO cos after 2 years of patting and rocking and night feeds. we decided that she's big enough to understand why she had to be weaned. as i said earlier, we still hang in the room with her till she falls asleep so that she'll continue to feel secure.

she's always given us 'sleep' problems, from 6-12 mths old, she kept waking in the middle of the night and insisting on us playing with her, we've explored almost every expressway in singapore at 2-4am in a bid to get her to sleep. then when she hit the terrible 2s, she kept waking in the middle of the night and had meltdowns...crying, screaming and vomitting for 2 hrs on hand. since we're all in the same room (space contraint), kirsten will naturally be awakened by the ruckus. can you imagine the symphony!

now, not sure what's gotten into kirsten, she wakes up for 2 night feeds! goodness, so exhausting. the 'good' thing (well for now at least) is that immediately after the feed she goes to sleep so i'm keeping fingers crossed i dun have to tour the expressways.

queenie, exactly, he can't be a baby forever! but jmho, do bear in mind that as soon as he seems able to sleep on his own without patting/rocking, let him do so....play by ear and occassional try to see if he can manage on his own.

Moo, Oh dear.... this is really bad. so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine what you & your hubby has gone thru this 2 years!!!! Since Kristen is already 2, What time does she wakes up at in the morning, what time is her nap time (and how long), and bed time?

Cos' I will try to let my 2kids take their nap time from 1pm to 3pm (and not later than that). And when latest 9.30pm, they will tells me or show us signs that they are tired...and after a bottle of milk...they goes to Zzzz land. And I realised if I let them sleep later than 4pm during nap time... I know that I will be asking for trouble...cos they will only sleep after 11pm!!

And recently, my younger daughter wakes up in the middle of the night once asking a milk... and behave quite cranky...for thoughtout 1 week...then I realised her 2nd set of molars are growing!!! That's why she is so cranky, don't eat as much as usual...and wakes up for milk. This week...seems to goes back to normal. Still keep my finger cross....

Comment

oh yes yes, i realised that naps are important, cannot be too long nor too short. lauren is my older child, 2 yrs+ . she naps from 1 to 3pm. kirsten naps 9.30 to 11.30am and 2 to 4pm. they both get up around 7 to 7.30am. at night, kirsten sleeps at 8pm, lauren at 9pm.

i think lauren's 2nd set of molars are growing too, no wonder she's been so cranky the whole week! thanks for the reminder. now that i made lauren CIO and gotten her sleeping in a manageable state, they will go back to normal after the teething yah.....? i hope

Comment

Moo, Good to hear that!

Meanwhile, wish you all a very blessed CNY!

Comment

Working...
                X