replied
    Pink dork

go again tmr & report back

Leave a comment:

• pinkrevolver
    Cozy Star

• pinkrevolver
    replied
    I'm a dork,didn't see The Orange Lantern at Harbourfront today.
    but they got Subway and New York Pizza!

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    Cozy MegaStar

• vernis
    replied
    for the detailed pricing.

love to go soon, very little crowd at Harbourdront, ideal for my date

Leave a comment:

• silvercloud
    Cozy Star

• silvercloud
    replied
    The pho is around $7 or $8. Drinks are up to $4 or $5, depends on what you get. Can';t remember much of the others. There is a set meal special where you can order 2 drinks, 2 mains and 1 appetizer for $35 or so. Think I always pay $20 or less for a pho, drink and shared appetizer.

Leave a comment:

• vernis
    Cozy MegaStar

• vernis
    replied
    hey Gals, what's the average price per pax at The Orange Lantern @ Harbourfront? Btw 10 to 15? Or more? for medium eaters

Leave a comment:

• Paris
    Cozy Celeb

• Paris
    replied
    hee... orange lantern is opened by my ex-colleague's hubby. guess she's now the lady boss in the restaurant.

tried the food at harbour front branch on her last day. yeah, very nice and the price very affordable

Leave a comment:

• silvercloud
    Cozy Star

• silvercloud
    replied
    I like The Orange Lantern for Vietnamese food now. The spring roll (can't remember actual name, but it has netting) is fab! And I like the pho too. Really nice

I prefer the outlet at HarbourFront better than at Killiney.

Leave a comment:

• starrgal
    Cozy Rookie

• starrgal
    replied
    Originally posted by babyflite
    Actually I find Mekong in Melbourne only so so, there are much better ones along Victoria St, Richmond.
    Is it? I only tried Mekong, that was the 1st time I tried Vietnamnese food. Next time I'm in Melbourne I will check out Richmond

Leave a comment:

• scrapdoll
    Cozy Rookie

• scrapdoll
    replied
    I've tried [email protected] atria. i like the ambience, dark..soothing despite everyones little chatters, nice decor, dark..u get the picture. ROMANTIC LA haha. the foods only so-so though. i'll give it *** 7/10. u can't really see what u're eating but u guys have to try this place and see for yourselves! price is very affordable bout 40-50 for 2 heads.

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    Cozy Star

• babyflite
    replied
    Actually I find Mekong in Melbourne only so so, there are much better ones along Victoria St, Richmond.

Leave a comment:

• starrgal
    Cozy Rookie

• starrgal
    replied
    Mai is pretty good!
    Been there to celebrate my friend's birthday and the service staff were all very nice.
    Although I still prefer Melbourne's Meekong, but Mai is good enough.

A bit OT: Vietnamnese food in Bangkok is great too!

Leave a comment:

• birthday_flame
    Cozy Rookie

• birthday_flame
    replied
    Hmmm maybe I'm greedy and always order a lot? The main course is not very expensive, maybe around $10. Its the appetisers that cost more, maybe $6 for 4 pieces of spring roll...

I've been to a couple of Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne, it may be a little cheaper but the ambience at the Kiliney road restaurant is better. But I have to admit, the portions in Australia are really generous!

Leave a comment:

• babyflite
    Cozy Star

• babyflite
    replied
    I can't believe how expensive Vietnamese food is in Singapore, it's pretty much all cheap stuff. Over here in Melbourne a meal for 3 people including appetisers cost only around $30 or so. The pho comes in HUGE servings too.

Leave a comment:

• birthday_flame
    Cozy Rookie

• birthday_flame
    replied
    I like the one at kiliney road, there are a couple of them but i frequent the one further down the road. forgot the name for the moment, but its the one with a bar on one side and restaurant on the other. Nice ambience and attentive service staff

Food there is good and prices are affordable. I always have pho bo with a lot of chopped chillies, delicious! The appetizers there are very good too. Usually a meal for two costs around $40-$50.

Leave a comment:

• lumos
    Cozy Star

• lumos
    replied
    the vietnamese restaurants at killiney road have mostly closed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X