No announcement yet.

Travel Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if i am going to far country like USA or Europe or those W.u L.u places then i will buy the travel insurance...

Comment

I am going for a ten days trip to Taiwan so which one should I buy? I don't know which one is good. Hopefully its not too expensive. I doubt I need a life time or yearly one.

Comment

Originally posted by pinggyy
        I am going for a ten days trip to Taiwan so which one should I buy? I don't know which one is good. Hopefully its not too expensive. I doubt I need a life time or yearly one.
        hsbc is having a 20% discount right now, u may want to check it out.

Comment

Hi pinggyy, I always buy AIG travel insurance because for claims wise its quite straight forward. For a 10 days Taiwan trip, its about $45, but if you are buying together with a friend, you can buy a family plan which is much cheaper about $101.

HTHs! If you need more information, feel free to PM me.

Comment

what is the different between a superior and classic? can't find them in the web.

Comment

Superior plan has a higher coverage but most would take the classic. Its sufficient. You can go to www.aig.com.sg

HTHs!

Comment

Just asking...

I thought if you paid your tickets in full via credit cards, there is no need to get travel insurance? as you are usually covered by your credit card?

Or do we still need to get another one to be safe?

Comment

That's new to me, being covered for by credit card companies. Hmm.. I still think travel insurance is a must-get especially when going to far away places. You never know what could happen. Eg: lost baggage, stolen travel documents, delayed flights...

Comment

how do we claim if there's a flight delay? and how long does it take for AIG to process if i submit my application for travel insurance now?

Comment

Hi chili, you must satisfy a min no of hours for flight delay, 8hours delay. Its immediate approval for AIG, if you need help, I can always help you because in case of claims *touch wood*, you will need someone who is experience to help you!
                      Last edited by beibei; 14-07-2005, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blurzcyn_see
                        I thought if you paid your tickets in full via credit cards, there is no need to get travel insurance? as you are usually covered by your credit card?
                        Hi blurzcyn_see, sometimes I would pay using credit card and in this case there's no need to get an additional coverage if the CC company already covers travel insurance. Just have to take note of the additional 2 or 2.5% (sorry can't remember) the merchant would charge. HTH.

Comment

My SO is working in AIA. So if any of u needs insurance fro AIG can PM me

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelGirl
                            Travel insurance does not extend only for air travel.

Do consider getting yourself insured as well, if you are driving up north. Eg. road trips to M'sia/Thailand etc. U can claim for car breakdowns/repairs svc etc.
                            Vel, really..can claim for car repairs too. accident also.
                            mb i shld ask my SO to consider getting one. Accident prone

Comment

i just got mine from AIG.

but i went to valuair website - they provide travel insurance as well. basic for around $20 per person

Comment

is travel insurance included in the package that u purchase from a tour agency?? correct me if i'm wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X