No announcement yet.

bottle cleaning and sterilising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm using the pigeon one. easy to use, fits all bottles, bowls and cups. Sterilize in 6-8mins. My only complaint is the size, too bulky.

Comment

can i just put the bottles into boiling water to sterilise?

will the bottles b able to withstand the heat?

Comment

Majority you can boil them. But best read the "direction of use" if there is any that comes with the bottle. Watch out for the highest temperature it can withstand.

Comment

i have a few Avent bottles..
          anyone knw whether can boil?

that means if the temperature is above 100c, den i can boil?
          can i say so?

Comment

All milk bottles can be boiled I believe. If it cannot be boil, then how can it be steam by the sterilizer?

I also find sterilizer is safer. I almost burnt down my house while boiling milk bottles and fell asleep. For the convenice and safety, it is money well spend.
            Trust me - I have been boiling bottles for 4mths before I buy a sterilizer.

Anyway, just for mummies with older babies, when do you stop sterilising?
            I am thinking of stop sterilising since Val is already more than 1year old. I saw some bottle rack for sales at department store. Anybody has views / recommendation on bottle racks?

Comment

i stop sterilising after 1 years old. In fact I read in those baby website there is no need to sterilise at all but as a paranoid mother, I still sterilise just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Bashful
                ........ I almost burnt down my house while boiling milk bottles ........
                oh gosh... that makes me 2. For mothers who still prefer to boil bottles I suggest you get a kitchen timer or set the clock alarm on, as a reminder to turn off the stove.

I stopped sterlising bottle after my gal turned one. After washing the bottles and air dry on the dish drying rack I store the clean bottles into a plastic container. Before use, I'll rinse bottle and tit with hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by juliet
                  i stop sterilising after 1 years old. In fact I read in those baby website there is no need to sterilise at all but as a paranoid mother, I still sterilise just in case.
                  u mean there's no need to, right from the start.. or after they are 1yr old?

Comment

Actually I think it really depends on where you stay and how clean the source of water is. In Singapore, the tap water can be directly consumed so sterilising is not so big an issue. I kinda semi-sterilised my bottles when my baby took EMB from the bottle at two months i.e. sometimes do it, sometimes not. Errr, not so disciplined

But in KL, having moved here a month ago, the water source is terrible. It's murky with particulates inside. I think most households here had to install a water filter. So over here, I start sterilising my bottles daily even though my girl is almost 11 months. But I don't sterilise her bowls and spoon, so hahahaa...still semi doing it only.

Also like someone rightly said, babies start to put stuff in their mouths at very young age already, and I don't see us sterilising babies' hands and all their toys I think babies' tummies are more resilient to microbugs than us paranoid mothers would think.

Comment

Can use conventional steamer to sterilize?

Can we use conventional steamer like Tefal Steamer to sterilize the bottles? It heats up very quickly like the bottle steamer & don't need to watch the fire for boiling the water.

Comment

How do we use the Steriliser? Do you put sterilising tablets into it and switch it on, or, just use normal tap water to operate it? Do you discard the water after every use?

Comment

Working...
                        X