Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busy Working full time and studying part time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am facing the same problem as well. For my age, I'm supposed to still enjoy being a full time student and not working full time yet. Not because of financial problems. My previous school offers full time classes but only thing is that, that school really sucked and i failed a subject because of them. (I passed with tremendousl improvements in my referral which I attended extra lessons with the new school for only 2mths. Compare it with the useless 1 yr I was with my old school. -.-)

I'm so much happier in this new school but unfortunately, it doesn't provide full time classes so I've to take part time classes.

For me, I've spoken to the bosses and am allowed to leave at 5.30pm when I have classes. I'm working in TPY while my school's at Bencoolen.

I've also mentioned about taking a mth off before exams but recently, thinking if I should take 2 mths off?

My probation is about to end soon though.

Anyway, I was giving tuition which is of course more flexible but I'd realised that I would need experience as well, since what I deem is that, it would be tough for me to find a job with a clean resume. But I've worked though part-time jobs before though, but still, in the legal industry, they would only see whether you have any experience in working in a law firm. That's what worrying me.

So I took up a job and am now pursuing my LLB and working in a law firm. It's extremely tiring and everyone says that I should quit if working jeopardises my education because it's supposed to be top priority for me now.

But the allowances that my mum gives, is never enough.

I am so worried that I'll fail my exams for this year.

I have problems balancing and managing as well.
    Last edited by shootingstar18; 26-12-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

hi shootingstar

your worry of failing your exams is the same worry that we all share. my frens also told me the same thing that education is my priority now and i shouldnt work esp when i am in my final sem and will graduate in 3 months time. however, money is also a problem. not to worry i believe with proper time management u can make it

Comment

Originally posted by namida View Post
        hi shootingstar

your worry of failing your exams is the same worry that we all share. my frens also told me the same thing that education is my priority now and i shouldnt work esp when i am in my final sem and will graduate in 3 months time. however, money is also a problem. not to worry i believe with proper time management u can make it
        I know! But it's actually easier said than done. The problem lies with me not knowing how to manage my time efficiently.

Comment

must try girl

Comment

I just finished my final semester for a part time MA course. Could barely cope with work deadlines as well as my FYP. i thought i was going to flunk the FYP and would really have thrown away the past 2 years of hard work, but managed to score decently

Cotters, never never give up! It is never easy to cope with our studies while holding a full-time job. And reading this thread had helped me along the way (yes i checked out the forums back when i enrolled into my course). We can do it !

Comment

Working...
            X