No announcement yet.

Bed Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen bed bugs before in a hotel room. They are about 1/2 cm length, runs very fast, very flat. If u try to squeeze them, they are very hard so it's difficult to squeeze them to death. They're normally blackish in colour. I've not seen any that's red, but i've heard that they're only red after they have had their meal - our blood...

Comment

I was bitten by bed bug in hostel 2 weeks ago, they bite very very fast. Initially I thought it was mosquito bites, but eventually I felt itch and pain. I check my whole body and started worry. I check my bed and found this creature on my pillow. I caught the bug and keep it in a container. After I found the particulars from the net, I think back and suspect that I got this bug from the shuttle bus I took earlier. Now I am very scared of bed bugs, although they are not poisonous. Coz you cannot prevent bedbugs, even if your house is clean, as long as they manage to follow you home, they will make themselves at home!

Comment

is it big??or small ones?I have never seen it before

Comment

after reading this bedbug thread, i just have to come in and post about how the bedbugs has affected me for the past 2 yrs
          having lived in my house for over 20 yrs, the first time i know what bed bugs look is when suddenly one day my mother told me that my grandma's and maid's bed has bedbugs. and this is the beginning of hell for me and the whole family. at first we hired a pest company to come and kill the bedbugs. and at first, we thought everything will be fine. but within a month, the bedbugs were found in my room! and we had to call the pest company again. and after a few more months, things went from bad to worse. i started seeing more blood on my mattress because i sleep on the floor. and my legs started itching very badly. we started to spring clean the whole room. and the problem persisted. till in the end we decided to throw away all the furniture in the bedroom and buy new ones. in the meantime, we washed all our clothes because the bedbugs were hiding in the clothes too. they hide everywhere!!! underneath the cupboards, underneath the mattress covers, in our bags. we had to throw away alot of things. and it even spread to our living room. we had to throw away our sofas too. but after a few months, we discovered bedbugs again, and we had to throw away some of our new furniture because there are just too many bedbugs! we had try everything, from hiring pest company to changing out furniture to even painting the whole flat and the problem still persists. i am running out of ways to kill them all! and we have even resort to putting our clothes and bags in ziplock bags. and am on going to change our cupboard very soon. i have even become bedbug expert already. all i can say is really good luck if ur house have bedbugs. because u will never get rid of them! as can be seem from my example.

Comment

i was doing painting for some old folks at their one-room flat and when i shifted the bed to paint the wall, i saw a big cluster of bedbugs. didnt know it's bedbugs at that time, thought it's baby cockroaches. then when we use a piece of cloth to swipe them up, we saw dark red stain on the floor. which i presume is the 'old' blood they sucked from the poor old folks. then i realise why i saw alot of blood stains on the wall next to the bed.

the volunteer there told us everyday when they go home, they must check from head to toe thoroughly to make sure that no bedbugs hid on them and follow them home.

Comment

bedbug scars

anyone know how long the scars will last? i just came back from holidaying in NY and i think i'm bitten by the bedbugs now my limbs are full of them

Comment

anyone knows where to get odour-less sprays besides DIY stores? thanks!

Comment

my friend suffered from bedbugs.
                  the bites are super big, bigger than those from mosqitoes.
                  itch for few weeks and after a while it so call settle down, there's black color mark on her skin

Comment

Bugs

is this problem still on here?

my house has got them and my family is about to go insane.

Comment

Hey emmylou1984, I know this reply is kinda late. Hope your problem has been solved, if not, I think you guys really have to call in the pest busters. We had this problem last year (I think I brought back bed bugs from my backpacking trip) and it wasn't easy for us to exterminate them. My mum tried washing the beddings with warm water but the bed bugs returned. It was only solved when we got in the experts... so I thought you should do the same too.

Comment

Please help!!! I have been attack for the past 1 week, I did a count yesterday. I have like 40 bitten bites all over my body. The bites are super itchy. The marks is red at first and will turn to slightly dark colour after few days. The marks seem dont seem to fake as well

I suspect is not bed bugs but I have no idea what causes the bites. The bugs I pressed them to death is smaller than a full stop size. They seem to be almost everywhere in room (my notebook, table, books etc).

Any idea what r the bugs called? Not sure whether is it the same bugs that can be found sometime in the book that u seldom touch.

Comment

normally i will jus go see doc n check with it.. i suspect is bed bugs thought..
                          can't be those mini fly or maybe ants?

Comment

im scratching all over and im not sure if its bed bugs or just my senitive skin
                            but i read through this thread and my bites seems different from what was described
                            mine is sporadic and some are like rashes (faint discolouration only), some are like mozzie bits and some like pimples!!

Is there anywhere I can get a bed bug spray? So far only tried insecticide but no avail. The thing is, i sleep on the lower deck of a double decker bed and my sister has no problems! Possible?!

Comment

i am itching all over too

I think the begbug infestation has just started in my house !!!

I have 30-40 bites on me over the past 2 weeks... I sleep on the upper deck of the double decker bed and am the only one who got bitten in the whole house !!!

My sis and bro started having the same mozzie looking bite these couple of days

My bites appears like 7 hours after i got out of my own bed... No idea where i got the bites from..

Comment

Is it scabies? They are caused by mites which are microsopic. It's better to consult a doctor who will determine what kind of bites they are. You might have to disinfect your house, clothes etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X