Steamboats and Mala Huoguo (Hot Pot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mango
    Thanks kare dear! Just wondering, is there anything special about this Coca steamboat place apart from their nice soup and fresh ingredients? Or are they just a very good steamboat place?
    I find their sauce equally wonderful. And yah, their ingredients are very fresh. Because it's a buffet, you can order and order and order

Comment

Mala Huoguo (Hot Pot)

:wave: Hi babes, I'm really into steamboats (esp. the ma-la type) so just wondering any fantastic steamboat places you can recommend? (Besides Coca and Tian Tian) Small eateries also can! hehe

Thanks!
      Last edited by nicole; 28-01-2005, 12:42 AM.

Comment

There are 2 i usually visit, one is Mao's Mala Huo Guo at Orchard Hotel, but sadly it just closed down. The other is ChongQing Mala Huo Guo, there used to be 2 outlets but the one at Suntec has closed down, only left the one at Tanglin Shopping Centre. Lunch is $15++ (i think, came to abt $1 Dinner is $28++ (think it came up to abt $32), these are weekday prices, weekend prices are slightly higher. Its buffet style and yummy!! it's also the yuan yang guo as in u can choose 2 different soup stocks.

Apart from the normal steamboat ingredients, they also give you side dishes/desserts which consists of this water chestnut erm jelly thingy, another one is sthing fried with egg n eaten with icing sugar, then xiaolongbao, n the fried man tou eaten with condensed milk, lastly is a bowl of ba bao zhou, which tastes like red bean soup anyway, its all DELICIOUS!!

The latest one I went to is at Chinatown, near the wet market but cant tell you exactly where cos we walked a huge round to find it. Only rem the shop name was something like ChongQing Steamboat, its $20 for dinner and boss is fr China so shld be authentic? *shrugs*

Theres also one opposite Bugis Junction (nt the Bugis Village side, the other side) i havent tried this, but my friend did n she said its not that great.

erm thats all i know so far. btw all i mentioned are mala steamboats. for normal steamboat, erm think marina south still the best. hope it helps!
        Last edited by aeon410; 29-10-2004, 10:13 AM.

Comment

I go to ChongQing only too! Havent been there for some times, think lunch time price is good!

Comment

There is one resturant at suntec called Chinese feast. It's Remember to order fish paste if you go there, it may sounds disgusting, but it don't taste disgusting!

Comment

I heard there's one @ Novena Square? Anyone tried?

Comment

Chong Qing Hot Pot is simply delicious! Best that I've tried so far. Coca is not as nice in comparison...

Comment

i find mao's better, cos prefer the soup stock n the ingredients were fresher than chong qing's. too bad it closed down

but yea, among all the mala steamboats ive tried, chong qing is the best.

Comment

now there's only one chong qing at tangling shopping centre?

Comment

Along Beach Road (opp Shaw) there are 2 shops. One next to Kim Fried Hokkien Mee shop, another one across Liang Seah St.

Both at $15 per adult. Rain avoid as most seatings are al-fresco

Comment

erm I know theres another Chong Qing at Suntec, it's at the food area, last i heard it was closed for renovation or something. not too sure if it has re-opened tho.

Comment

that shop re-opened before CNY.

Comment

oh near the suntec fountain area? it's the same? also 15$? hee...thanks...by the way, it's ma la huo guo? got no la one? WAHAHA

Comment

my family and i like the steamboat at Roxy Square (opposite parkway parade). its call the parkway steamboat..it used to be at the basement foodcourt of parkway before it was renovated..

the chilli sauce there, which i will always go for my 2nd bowl.. the tom yam soup is the best i have tried so far.. although have not tried chong qing and coca tom yam soup..

Coca steamboat chicken soup taste good too..

Comment

COCA RESTAURANT steamboat simply the best

Comment

Working...
                                X