Thailand > Bangkok Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joia View Post
    For those who are interested, I just blogged about my recent trip to Bangkok. Hope you find it useful

A Juggling Mom | Resources to help mom juggle the many roles they play as a mom, wife & career woman
    Are the stuffs at the night market cheaper than the PM?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielaWong View Post
      I love to stock up on my lingerie when I go Bangkok. It's much cheaper than in Singapore and the cutting is just the same. Their lingerie department is really huge and beautiful. All kinds of pretty stuff there. Just that department alone I can spend so much money. I hope to go again very soon, really like the food and shopping there.
      Where can I get the lingerie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marlenepaige View Post
        I always go Siam paragon, there are afew restaurants there which serve very good food. Cheap and good. Laem cha roen is one of my favourite place to eat. Can't remember which level is it, maybe you can check out with the hotel staff or shopping mall information counter, they will give you the direction to go.
        Thank you so much! any other suggestions?

Comment

• Bangkok is a fast fashion heaven. Just platinum mall alone can let me shop for the whole day. Go up to level five whereby their accessories are very cheap and fashionable. One thing I dislike is their food court, you have to purchase the card in order to buy the food there. Whatever is the balance, you have to go back to the counter again so as to let them refund you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarenXie View Post
            Bangkok is a fast fashion heaven. Just platinum mall alone can let me shop for the whole day. Go up to level five whereby their accessories are very cheap and fashionable. One thing I dislike is their food court, you have to purchase the card in order to buy the food there. Whatever is the balance, you have to go back to the counter again so as to let them refund you.
            Is the card valid for a day only? In case thinking of shopping at Platinum mall again the next day and need to get lunch/dinner there as well..

Comment

• Good question. I am not sure as I went other place to eat the next day. Usually when I go Bangkok I will eat at different places so as to try all their food in all their different restaurants or even road side.

Comment

• Originally posted by KarenXie View Post
                Good question. I am not sure as I went other place to eat the next day. Usually when I go Bangkok I will eat at different places so as to try all their food in all their different restaurants or even road side.
                Thanks KarenXie! I am counting down to my bkk trip at end of dec. So excited to hear from cotters and colleagues on the things to do there! Last that i went was at least 8 years ago when i was still a student! Now spending power is different, hopefully i don't go crazy with the shopping!

Comment

• Originally posted by potato2008 View Post
                  Where can I get the lingerie?
                  U can head to the lingerie section in Siam Paragon. Most brands are available there, such as Wacoal, Triumph, etc...
                  There are also some lingerie shops in Platinum mall.

Comment

• I bought afew lingerie from the shops at platinum mall also. They have very cute and sweet designs.

Comment

• Hi babes...I'm looking to head to Bangkok from 25-29th Dec...anyone has any idea if Chatuchak will be open on a Friday? Might not make it in time on Sat...

TIA~

Comment

• Flying into BKK next week after almost 2 yrs. Only have 2-3 days time. Hope to get some recommendations here:

(1) This time round I am looking for better quality clothes. Dun mind paying a bit more. Looking for dressy tops, simple knee-length dresses. Should I just concentrate just on the new extension wing of Platinum Mall? Has there been much changes to the stores' offering in the main mall? Was pretty disappointed with it last trip. Dun really like the fashion and quality of the clothes there. Anywhere else I should check out within the Pratunam, Siam, Chitlom area? Am in my 30s Nothing too short or fancy.

(2) What is a good time to shop (when most of the stalls are open) at the night market at Siam Square?

(3) Is Bkk a good place to shop for gym attire? Need some clothes for pilates.

(4) Am looking for good quality no underwire bras. Anyone spotted any at the departmental stores?

(5) Anyone knows where I can find nice waterbottle holders/sling for kids? I used to buy these cloth country-style ones from Nantita (shop at Big C). But they do longer carry them

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Comment

• Anyone stayed in Indra Hotel before?Is it near any shopping mall?

Comment

• Indra Regent is it? Next to Indra Square shopping centre.

Comment

• Originally posted by YengYeng View Post
                              Indra Regent is it? Next to Indra Square shopping centre.
                              I think that is the one,any comments?

Thanks

Comment

• Indra Square is connected to Indra Regent. You might even walk into Indra Sq from Indra Regent without knowing it. It is open from 10am - 5:30pm. Prices there only slightly higher than Pratunam shops. Small mall and clothes not so fashionable so can cover quite quickly. I would advise to shop at Pratunam and Platinum first before shopping there. I personally dun fancy anything there but frequent the foodcourt on the 2nd floor. Typical Thai foodcourt. Nice oyster omelette. There is also a Black Canyon Cafe, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King. There is a nice accessories shop right at the centre of the 1st floor and a good watch shop near one of the exit. It might have changed since I went 2 yrs back, so the rest might want to confirm all these. Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                                X