Thailand > Bangkok Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BellaVida View Post
    Hi babes...I'm looking to head to Bangkok from 25-29th Dec...anyone has any idea if Chatuchak will be open on a Friday? Might not make it in time on Sat...

TIA~
    l
    Only open on saturdays and Sundays.. M just back from BKK. Now, I am missing BKK. Should have spent 6 nights there. Gd place. Don go to the restaurant "ASIAN CUISine " at Siam paragon. Bad encounter there.

Comment

• Originally posted by YengYeng View Post
      Indra Square is connected to Indra Regent. You might even walk into Indra Sq from Indra Regent without knowing it. It is open from 10am - 5:30pm. Prices there only slightly higher than Pratunam shops. Small mall and clothes not so fashionable so can cover quite quickly. I would advise to shop at Pratunam and Platinum first before shopping there. I personally dun fancy anything there but frequent the foodcourt on the 2nd floor. Typical Thai foodcourt. Nice oyster omelette. There is also a Black Canyon Cafe, McDonalds, KFC, Burger King. There is a nice accessories shop right at the centre of the 1st floor and a good watch shop near one of the exit. It might have changed since I went 2 yrs back, so the rest might want to confirm all these. Hope this helps
      Thanks

Comment

• Ladies, is amari watergate a convenient place to stay in? I have booked for the chinese new year and will be going with my family. Most of the hotels and flights are so fully booked up that I have only managed to book jetstar without luggage check in, only hand carry.

Comment

• Hi,

i will be going to BKK in Feb13 for the 1st time ! A 5days 4nights trip (Thurs - Mon)..

Will be a shopping trip.. *** are the malls / places i must shop at (i only know platinum mall) ?

Comment

• Check this out , i share some bangkok posts in my blog...

-- Escape to Thailand -- | 2 Minutes ...

Comment

• Any reviews on BKK Novotel Siam Square? Been BKK many times but not this hotel. Any reviews good or bad will be great! Thanks.

Comment

• Novotel is a nice hotel to stay in , great location as well.

Comment

• Thanks bubblestory! We have decided to switch to the novotel at platinum mall instead since we will be spending more time there than siam square area.
                  Hope it's just as good, if not better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dovespaniel View Post
                    Any reviews on BKK Novotel Siam Square? Been BKK many times but not this hotel. Any reviews good or bad will be great! Thanks.
                    Novotel is good! I would recommend Amari Watergate! S$95 on Petchburi Road.
                    Novotel price a night last checked around S$114 (from here), we stayed at Amari last month at S$95 for the Deluxe.
                    Check Amari Watergate Bangkok
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	HP69520945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	3607709
                    Just like Novotel its surrounded by shopping places in the popular Pratunam area. Such as Platinum Fashion Mall, Pratunam Market, Pantip Plaza.
                    Last edited by Curtishulk; 04-01-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the photo of the hotel. I will be staying at amari next month, very looking forward to my trip there again.

Comment

• Does Novotel provides breakfast ? I think my friend told me they don't.

Comment

• I'm sure it does. It just only depends what package you choose (with or without breakfast). If you ask me, I rather eat out of hotel because I wouldnt fancy american breakfast when there are arrays of authentic thai dishes out there

Comment

• May i know where can I visit the orphanage in Bangkok. And is it reliable? I don't want the money that I donate to them will go to other people. I want the poor kids to get what I donated to them. My last trip to Bangkok, I saw a little girl around 4 years old begging for money on the streets. I know there are a lot of them out there who may be in cahoots with the bad people there. But I can't bear to see her kneel there for hours, with her head bending down on the floor. It pains my heart to see this each time I travel there.

Comment

• Amari is not bad, but the breakfast is not good. Their food is really not up to the hotel standard. Very disappointed with that. Though the service is alright, staff was friendly and polite. What I'm unhappy about was the day I checked in to the hotel, it was around 10 plus 11 at night. They told me the room is not ready and I need to wait 45 minutes. I was pretty tired by then, can't wait to lie down on the bed and rest, and they told me to wait so long. All the malls are closed, restaurants are closed by then. I hope they can improve on that. In future I think I will not stay there again, even though the location is good.

Comment

• Havent been to bangkok for a few years. May I know where is good for cheap and good seafood?

Comment

Working...
                                X