Wedding Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Lunch

Hi all, i am thinking of having a wedding lunch as most of the hotels are fully booked for wedding dinner... Can anyone advise whether it's normal to fetch the bride to the groom's house first, then instead of going to the bride's house, go directly to the hotel for tea ceremony? Then ROM before wedding lunch starts..

Am trying to shorten the process because there's quite limited time in the morning.. TIA for any advice!

automatic018 Hi babe, what you're planning to do has been done before by others, so I think it's quite common nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by xiaomantou View Post
      automatic018 Hi babe, what you're planning to do has been done before by others, so I think it's quite common nowadays.
      xiaomantou - thanks for your reply! oh i guess some couples would have done this before but i have very few friends who have wedding lunch to share their experience with me. Hehe.. just wanna made sure that we are not skipping any rules or customs by doing this.

Comment

automatic018 Actually a cousin of mine who just got married recently, they even skipped the FTB (fetch the bride) thing. The to-be-married couple stayed overnight at the hotel the day before the actual day. So both side's relatives just gathered at the hotel for the tea ceremony, solemnization and wedding lunch on the actual day.

They're skipping a lot of customs if you ask me, but it really depends on yourself and the parents I guess. My mom's suggesting that I can do the same thing also to save on travelling time/costs.

Comment

xiaomantou - haha, that is quite cool and will save alot of travelling. Hee, are you considering wedding lunch too? yah do agree that if the parents are ok then alot of customs can be skipped.

Comment

automatic018 Yep I'll be doing a wedding lunch the first quarter next year Still trying to work out on the logistics. I am agreeable with the idea mentioned (no fetch-the-bride) until my SO asked me, "Aren't the groom and bride not supposed to see each other for a day before the actual day?"

Comment

I think it is common nowadays for wedding lunch. I'll have that too.

Thinking of having a short gatecrash and proceed to hotel for ROM and rest before the wedding lunch. After the wedding lunch then tea ceremony.

Comment

xiaomantou - haha, same here.. doing wedding lunch in 1st quarter next year.. Hehe, your SO must have forgotten about the ('no fetch-the-bride') idea ba.. Are you the one doing the planning etc? My SO kinda leave everything to me to decide...

snowbell_9 - when are you planning to have your wedding lunch? next year? Hehe, i also considered the option to have tea ceremony after lunch but it will be almost 3-4pm after the lunch ends and everyone have to stay back.. If go directly to hotel after fetching bride, there maybe time for tea ceremony before solemnization.

Comment

automatic018 I'm doing most of the sourcing and planning. Like emailing hotels or bridal studios and show him what I've shortlisted so he can do a comparison as well. So far I'm making the decisions and he's the one swiping the card.

Comment

automatic018, planning next year too. Very rush ***. Then I was thinking means morning hairstyle and makeup will be same during lunch banquet because no time to redo? Hehehe...

Comment

Hi, anybody had wedding lunch at One Degree 15?

Comment

FB : Eesha KE - Makeup & Hairstyling

Mobile : +65 9237-8377 (singapore)
                        Mobile : +886 955-812-528 (taiwan)

Comment

I'm Samuel, a passionate freelance photographer who loves to explore and learn about photography from all aspects. I will take any chances I have to shoot beautiful and interesting happenings around me so as to gradually improve and keep up with my photography skills. I believe that 'A picture speaks a thousand words' and it serves us an invaluable momento for us to look back on our life.

I hope to be able to work with people from all walks of life and to pin down all their beautiful memories with my camera. Feel free to contact me if you are interested to work with me in any of the events stated below and I will be delighted to help you out (:

I provided service for AD photoshoot. Do contact me by call/sms or e-mail for enquiries and more details!

Samuel Ng photography
                          Email: [email protected]
                          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sam.ng.photography

Comment

Any new place for wedding lunch ??

save my relationship

Comment

besides hotel, where else is good?

Comment

Working...
                              X