Coffee Makers and related accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Makers and related accessories

renamed the title as Coffee Machines in order to better reflect the discussion.

dear all,

i'm contemplating the purchase of a capsule coffee machine, any cotters currently own any or would also like to share their questions? currently i only know of nespresso and another seemingly singaporean martello. my neighbour owns a martello, seems to be a really simply machine which i hope costs less than the nespresso Krups, Magimix, Siemens, and DeLonghi, Eugster/Frismag ones. but the catch is that martello has only 5 kinds of capsules compared to 16 from nespresso. hmmmmM
    Last edited by yat_ting; 15-08-2011, 01:37 AM.

Nespresso seems to be quite popular, its small and portable. Doesn't take up much space, and the capsules are so nicely packed. I was very tempted to get it for my family too.

Comment

yeap. i was at carrefour today, the martello one was at about 300bucks on offer. and martello is not a singaporean brand hahahaha. i think i might make a trip down to the nespresso boutique to try out the coffee.. you seem to be keen on the smaller models??

Comment

Tangs is selling it too

Comment

Originally posted by ginwong View Post
          Tangs is selling it too
          tangs is selling which one???

Comment

bought the aeropress in melbourne, for approx 40-50aud, it is much cheaper than regular espresso makers. having said that, do not expect to make the regular espresso that you see from nespresso and the likes or the ones from places like yahava or forty hands. rather, i view it as a very manual device and it is quite an interesting experience. the amount of time that you spend infusing the grounds in the water, the grind of the grounds, the pressure that you use to press the coffee out, the amount of water you add, it all results in a very different cup of coffee. what is absolutely essential however, is that you use water that is approx 70-85 degrees C. meaning, you should not allow the water to go to a full boil, once you see small bubbles floating to the surface of the water, it can be used in the aeropress. anything hotter than that would result in bitter coffee. but the tradeoff is that the coffee that you get is not very hot.

i also purchased the nespresso aeroccino, but i realise that the device creates foam that is too dry to be used for latte art. i wonder if there is any way around that...

Comment

I just bought a nespresso machine + aeroccino and I love the coffee that I get from it...no doubt there's more types of coffees under nespresso, there's only a few that i really like and will buy more in long term..

anyway when u buy the machine it will come with all 16 different types of coffee as the starter kit, so can try and decide which one is best for you before buying more..

i was reading the manual, if you want your coffee to be hot, make sure you run a cycle without the capsules in the machine and let the hot water heat up the cup..in this way ur cup can keep the coffee warm got abit longer...

Comment

genie_jean, do you try to use the aeroccino to make latte art??

Comment

yat_ting, I didn't try cos I don't know how to do.. LOL...

I just pour the milk and then the foam into my cup for cappucino...

Comment

genie_jean, ooo cause i'm trying to do latte art with the aeroccino... but for some reason if i close and let it finish the cycle, the foam is very dry and stiff, just like the ones used for cappuccino rather than latte art.

Comment

Did u use the wrong nozzle? there's one for cappucino and one for latte!

Comment

nespresso or CBTL

go to tangs or robinsons at orchard
                        a lot of models to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by genie_jean View Post
                          Did u use the wrong nozzle? there's one for cappucino and one for latte!
                          but i am told that the other attachment is used for heating milk only rather than getting foam... have you tried using the one that they say for latte? does it have some foam?

Comment

Oh, I haven't try using the latte attachment yet. Have been making only cappuccino for the time being! But by right it should still have a bit of foam I suppose?

Comment

experimenting with both attachments now.. it's quite interesting to see how both attachments work. for the latte attachment, the foam is more moist compared to the one made by cappuccino, however, the one by the cappuccino has more froth in compared to the one in the latte attachment. i think i should try varying the time cycle..

Comment

Working...
                              X