Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry swimming aka Mahjong

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by pinkrevolver
    We once played with my friend's sister and her friend,and both of them were newbies...I almost fell asleep during the game because we only played ONE round and it lasted 5hrs!!! Never again lol.
    ha ha..beginners are like that.
    me also can fall asleep waiting for them to throw their cards.

    worst still, most of the time small elephant or big elephant :puke:

    Comment


    • #47
      Oh yah, when I was a beginner, I was also like that, either too excited forget to take extra tiles or forget to throw.. Sigh.. Sometimes soo blur until the extra tile for "Gong" I also throw it out.

      What to do, have to pay school fees to learn mahjong. JUst have 2 session this week, totally love it!!

      *"Gong": 4 of the same kind

      Comment


      • #48
        Urghhh I just lost $230 at MJ
        not about how unlucky I was but this friend of ours was so "wang" that night,she game max 5 fan 8 times and 5 times was self-feed!

        Comment


        • #49
          Wow, that is alot of money here, pinkrevolver! Your friend is really lucky & she even got the tiles herself! What stakes were you playing?


          I think the most I lost was $75, my stakes not so big ***..

          Comment


          • #50
            Hahah yea this is the 2nd time in my life I've lost more than a hundred dollars.The last time was 3 years back when I was sooooo unlucky and lost $500+ in one night. :puke: but that was playing 5-1.
            We were playing 30c 60c when I lost $230. How are your stakes like?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by demigoddess1512
              ha ha..beginners are like that.
              me also can fall asleep waiting for them to throw their cards.

              worst still, most of the time small elephant or big elephant :puke:
              urghhh I hate playing with people who are sooo slow,complete waste of time! I heard some rules that 'big elephant' will have to pay for everyone's losses that game??
              demigoddess wanna play MJ? lol

              Comment


              • #52
                Oops happybean...I totally understand what you mean.But you see,I was playing with my friend's sister who was so INCREDIBLY slow whenever she picked up a tile,she would "oooo and ahhh" for like 3 mins over it...every single time lol
                and whenever one of us discards a tile,she would ask "what was that?" she was BEYOND extreme.
                Sylvia Tan if you're hearing this,yes it's you! lol

                Comment


                • #53
                  My stakes are high? My mommy plays $2/4!

                  Anyway, who's up for a game of mahjong this coming weekend? My hands are itching.. All levels welcome, except the really pro ones, who can read which tile others are waiting for!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by pinkrevolver
                    Oops happybean...I totally understand what you mean.But you see,I was playing with my friend's sister who was so INCREDIBLY slow whenever she picked up a tile,she would "oooo and ahhh" for like 3 mins over it...every single time lol
                    and whenever one of us discards a tile,she would ask "what was that?" she was BEYOND extreme.
                    Sylvia Tan if you're hearing this,yes it's you! lol
                    Lol. You're hilarious!

                    I will sometimes ask what tile if I missed it.. especially when we've played too many rounds and I'm getting sleepy.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by pinkrevolver
                      Hahah yea this is the 2nd time in my life I've lost more than a hundred dollars.The last time was 3 years back when I was sooooo unlucky and lost $500+ in one night. :puke: but that was playing 5-1.
                      We were playing 30c 60c when I lost $230. How are your stakes like?
                      Aiyo, my stakes are small only 20cents 40cents, not very big, its for the fun of it. Its very stress to be playing $1 / $2, I cannot tahan* the stress!

                      *tanhan: cannot stand / tolerate

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I prefer the Taiwan MJ, 16 cards, so much easier and definitely more fun. No need to 'keng' till you can fall asleep while waiting for others to throw the card.

                        'keng' = Think very hard in a sly way

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I have never play Taiwan mahjong before, always the Hongkong style. Venus, you mean its very different & what do you mean by no need to "keng"?

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Nonooo I don't like to play too big too. I prefer to play 30-60,I don't mind 20-40 too!

                            hahahah fusionx,you don't understand..that sister of my friend is really EXTREME.she's very prima-donna and even my friend can't stand her. :Doh:

                            Venus,how to play Taiwan mj? I've only played the online ones.

                            Has anybody here used to play on coolconnect mj years ago?
                            It was THE best online MJ in Singapore ever! I so miss it...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Taiwan MJ is much easier and more pleasure in playing.

                              Beibei, I mention that 'keng' is figuring out a way to win or defend youself. When you are playing the HK style MJ, you need to have at least 1 'tai' to win right? So must figure out a way to get it.

                              Tai= tiles in your favour to win the game

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                You mean taiwan mahjong dont need "tai" to win? but whats the fun in it if it is so easy to win? I usually play min. 2-3 tais to win haha

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X