Dealing with difficult colleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing with difficult colleague

Have you all ever worked with an incompetent co-worker who is so terrible and yet their management is oblivious to their wrong-doings.

It's like the whole world can see what this co-worker is doing wrong but the lower mgmt is always shielding and finding excuses for this person.

I don't even know where I can go from here except to request with my own mgmt to switch team mates for my work. Of which I have not done so and it has been 2 freaking years... I've been telling myself to just give the person a chance.
    Last edited by Ashlene; 11-10-2011, 08:56 PM.

That happened to me few years back. Some of my colleagues know what this co worker working attitude is like, lazy and full of nonsense. But my dept head will always shield him and finding excuses for him no matter what. That really pushed me to the max, i had enough and resigned soon after!

Comment

I really hope I won't resign just because of that person, it's like losing a battle for the headstrong me.
      My dept folks know about her working attitude but my dept head can't do much.

Comment

Can't they get someone to replace her? Her head must be so big as she knows that no one will dare to sack her.

Comment

The company places value in staff that has worked long and this person is cheap (non-local). I guess the lower mgmt does not wish to rock the boat and get someone new and have to re-train all over again.

Comment

My ex company doesn't value senior staff at all. My ex boss said to all of us that if we are unhappy working there we can just leave, he has millions of dollars and is not afraid of not finding the right staff to work for his company.
            Its not easy working with difficult people, sometimes i really wish that people can be simple and work in peace together instead of finding trouble, finding fault with their own colleagues.

Comment

Yeah, like why can't we all just do our work and be happy together.
              Instead of sabotaging and showing attitude or blame-pushing.
              This person has a smelly reputation but her superiors see her as gold.

Comment

My dad is also like that. They just backstab him.

Comment

Two of my female colleagues have a smelly reputation too. Both of them will go out for lunch and come back afew hours later with their shopping bags, happily walked in and showing it off to everyone.

Comment

My colleague comes in for work at 12 and leaves for a 2 hour lunch at 12.30. Boss all not in but what to do? Hope heaven got eyes ***

Comment

haha, i've got this obese assistant, who LIED that she's pregnant. the lie went on for 3 months or so.. she comes to work late/takes MC, claiming morning sickness, had other assistants help her carry heavy stuff etc.. spent time in the toilet "puking"... go home early, till the mgr dragged her to do the preg test at the clinic and found out she's not preg. she claimed she went to TCM and doc said she's preg...

and guess what, she's not fired or reprimanded for her lies....

the advantages of being obese, your 'pregnancy' is not as obvious!! pui!

Comment

Same here, i have colleagues who come in for work after 12, and their lunch usually will take up another few hours, so that left with maybe 3 to 4 hours of work and they can go home then. How nice to get paid for such short working hours. These people are not being productive at all.
                        Last edited by Tammy16; 17-10-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Ya i have some problematic colleagues who have worked in the company for more than 10 years and they feel that they are very important to the co. Everyone must serve them like queens and must greet them with smile everyday else they feel unimportant. I also can't stand colleagues who pretend to be walking around just to check on what are you doing on your computer screens so that they can find topics to gossip about. Terrible people.

Comment

They even want the juniors to greet them good morning first! There was once i did not and i was called into the office and reprimanded for being rude! 10 over years doesnt mean that you can be so horrible! My colleagues like to come up behind me and peep at my computer screen too, very bad habit if them. This shows that they are just too free and love to go round peeping at other people work so that they have some juicy stuff to talk about over lunch.

Comment

nd. Socializing in the workplace is something that is not only an inevitable thing, but it is essential in order for one to thrive in the workplace.

Comment

Working...
                              X