No announcement yet.

Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to Grand Bazaar - wasn't impressed with their bazaar..though there is much hype about it amongst tourists. Yes...if you are into bargaining... However, there are many nice spots for photo-taking at the Grand Bazaar - worth exploring. I took the map of the Grand Bazaar from Eye Witness Guide and follow the recommended route. Interesting

Find the shopping malls more interesting Bought several nice accessories and boots at their largest shopping mall - Cevahir Istanbul. More European styles. Easy to get there by subway.

Comment

yah for me i didnt buy anything at the grand bazaar. but i did enjoy myself when i was there.. cause all the sales man are really so good at talking... and they are all so friendly. always make me very happy. and they will not give you that kind of unhappy face if you dont buy from them. alot of them actually gave us recommendations on where we can visit. very helpful of them.

Comment

I didn't remember Turkey being interesting for shopping, just lots of beautiful landscape and scenary. Where shopping is concerned, it was the land of carpets, apple tea, pistachios and dried apricots for me.

Comment

I mean its not about the things they have for shopping.. Its more about the interactions with the people. Cause they are really friendly. Seriously, you dont get to experience that when shopping in Singapore ***. LOL

And I totally agree with you about the scenery and landscape. I love them. Took lots and lots of pictures! Just snap snap snap all the way! Shiok.

Comment

Turkey aint a shopping paradise, so as to speak. Only things I splurged on were carpets. Yeah I had to to lug them back!
            Other than that, it's definately a beautiful place to visit.

Comment

Back from Turkey?

I'll be going to turkey in dec Like to know how the weather is now cos i am really scared of cold...

Comment

hi bumblemee, it will be in winter during dec. turkey has 4 seasons too. so, please prepare winter clothings & thermal wear. something extra u might want to consider, scarf, hat, earmuffs & hotpad. it's important to keep your ears & neck warm during winter so u won't catch cold that easily.

enjoy your trip

Comment

bumbleMee: i heard from my turkish friend a few week backs that it has started snowing there. they have 4 seasons too, so if you're gg in dec, pls rem to pack your winter stuff!

Comment

Ladies who've been to Turkey...
                    do you know where exactly I can purchase the power adapters?
                    I have the standard 2 round pins plugs for Europe use.. but was also informed that the hotels in Turkey have the socket with the raised rounded sides and as such, square based plugs might not be suitable.
                    Any help is appreciated!! TIA!!!

Comment

Hmm...i brought along an international adaptor...no problem when I was in Turkey.

Originally posted by pinklipgloss View Post
                      Ladies who've been to Turkey...
                      do you know where exactly I can purchase the power adapters?
                      I have the standard 2 round pins plugs for Europe use.. but was also informed that the hotels in Turkey have the socket with the raised rounded sides and as such, square based plugs might not be suitable.
                      Any help is appreciated!! TIA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tartine View Post
                        Hmm...i brought along an international adaptor...no problem when I was in Turkey.
                        that's what i thought too.. but still like to know as to whether other cotters had problems with their international European adapter in Turkey...

thanks Tartine..

Comment

i used international adaptor when i was there too.. works fine.

Comment

for shopping, perhaps can go to osmanbey area or istiklal. they have ALOT of shops there, like topshop topman zara etc etc. shopping in turkey was pretty ok for me. brands like gucci go on 50% sale depending on when you visit, and LV was cheaper too. also, when i was there in may/june last year, i shopped at bershka and a few other spanish retailers. but of course, they have all arrived in ion recently! brands like pull and bear etc were cheaper too btw

universal travel adaptor works fine in turkey. do visit cappadocia!!! the sights are amazing.

Comment

Yes, I remember Cappadocia and Pammukale. Very, very beautiful. Also loved the ancient ruins at Ephesus.

Comment

I'm going to turkey this dec. May I know what kind of winter wear shall I wear over there?

Comment

Working...
                                X