Nice breakfast places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

waffletown at balmoral

Its gone?? I still see it every morning on my way home.. but unfortunately its too early.. so im not sure if it still opens..

Comment

Certain Swensen's outlets do weekend all-american brekkies! Standard fare like pancakes, peanut toasties, etc.. sounds yum, eh? Check the menu out when you dine at any outlet! I only took note that Bugis serves it. Starts 8am. Ends 11am, iirc.

Comment

Oh, and I like the breakfast at Cafe Les Amis at Botanic Gardens that someone else mentioned. Think its decent value for about $10 - they serve two eggs (any style), a really nice fried whole tomato, sauteed mushrooms, sausages, hash browns, toast with butter and jam, coffee/tea, and either cut fruit or a fruit juice. Quality is pretty decent. Used to go at least twice a month - the bonus is that the dog can come along too (and mooch some egg and toast off me)
        That's cheap!

Comment

me love the breakfast at cafe les amis too! but must go early esp on weekends where it gets really crowded, no seats to be found...

can see many dogs and babies there

Comment

Coffee bean's egg ben.. yummy~

Comment

coffee bean has some yummy breakfast stuff... other than eggs ben, like the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs on bread (can't remember the name)

but they taste different at different branches... so sometimes quite disappointing... best so far is still HV branch

Comment

You guys are right. There are so many dogs and babies at Les Amis or rather Botanical Gardens! Its really crowded! Breakfast is not too bad. I was thinking of a nicer environment with more trees and bushes around me Overall its a nice experience especially the walk around Botanical Gardens. It's been ages since I was there!

Comment

wow....i never knew les amis is so inexpensive! it's even cheaper than cafe rosso at HV, although cafe rosso's brunch is pretty yummy too. their desserts are too gorgeous to be eaten though...on weekends, they have all-day brunch.

Comment

Originally posted by CaramelGirl
                    Talking abt nice breakfast places... i'm still very much a local girl at heart on this. Move over bacon, sausages, waffles and pancakes, gimme local breakfast anytime!! kekeke...

My fave breakfast place is... Chin Mee Chin at East Coast road. It serves the most aromatic coffee, the traditional type brewed with the socks. There's various small snacks eg. cream puffs, mixed fruits cakes etc to choose from. And of cos not forgetting their kaya butter toast. Yummy!!! just writing abt this is making me drool. And i loveeeee the whole setting of the place, so old, so laid back, and most of all, the place is so real and warm, and not pretentious at all like those starbucks where ppl dress up, people watch and trying to look cool. Hahahaha....
                    is it very crowded everytime? when i passed by Chin mei chin, its always packed with people.

Comment

Originally posted by crystal
                      me love the breakfast at cafe les amis too! but must go early esp on weekends where it gets really crowded, no seats to be found...

can see many dogs and babies there
                      Is the place still around? Can have more information on this place? I'm very interested. What time they open and still can brig dog?

Comment

The inexpensive one is the cafe les amis, right ?

I think the les amis restaurant is elsewhere and costs a bomb.

There is also the au jardin restaurant in the Botanic Gardens which has Sunday Brunch at $58+++. Any one tried it before ?

Originally posted by starr
                        wow....i never knew les amis is so inexpensive! it's even cheaper than cafe rosso at HV, although cafe rosso's brunch is pretty yummy too. their desserts are too gorgeous to be eaten though...on weekends, they have all-day brunch.

Comment

call me a traditionalist but I like kaya toast + half boiled eggs + coffee for breakfast. Ya Kun does it pretty well by my stds. Heh.

Anyway on the topic of botanical gdns, instead of paying for an overpriced breakfast (a gf complained of the stds of food at cafe les amis) why not pack your own picnic complete with western food and maybe even wine if you fancy?

Did that with the bf last year after Xmas when we had a ton of turkey leftover from our xmas dinner party. We packed bread, turkey, tomatoes, cheese and beverages 1 early morning and set out to have breakfast at the hilltop pavillion. T'was drizzling that day so it was a nice and cooling day to be walking ard after that too!

Comment

Nice breakfast

i need you gals to recommend a nice place for breakfast..
                            wanna go explore nice foodies before my bf starts schooling.. thanks..

Comment

The Chinatown market is my fav for breakfast. Lots of stalls both in the market and around it for you to explore, prettyinpink!

Comment

any review on subway's breakfast?

Comment

Working...
                                X