No announcement yet.

Travelling during pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Evagelina and wanderlust, thanks for your suggestions.
    I find HK too crowded, everywhere you'll have to queue and there's only shopping to do. So its not really a relaxing trip. Taiwan, I am not sure. Could be the same as well and I do not want a purely shopping trip.
    Dont really fancy Malaysia because its too near.
    We're thinking of Hokkaido but then I cant eat all the fabulous sashimi and no dipping in the hot springs....sigh....

Comment

Originally posted by evagelina View Post
      Try HongKong or Taiwan? 4 hrs of flight the most

I wont recommend Msia. Though near, but dangerous.
      Why on earth is Msia dangerous?

Comment

Going to Msia really depends a lot of luck.. You never know what will happen. The risk of getting robbed & raped are getting higher & higher. This is undeniable.

Japan is good. Unless you can withstand the temptation of sashimi(MY FAV!)

Comment

security-wise??

Comment

Hallo,

I just came back from HK. I m 13th weeks ****... HK is crowded but its even worse now coz of the golden holiday in China.

Generally, its okie... U can go shopping during the week days. I tend to avoid shopping during weekends as its super crowded. The main problem with HK is thta its difficult to find toilets esp for pregnant ladies like us.

Also, i went to Beijing via Hong Kong. And there are many outlying islands in HK that are worth going.

Comment

I agree! Can't really find toilets in HK. Except places like shopping mall etc. Grr!

missbluey : yup, security wise..

Comment

hi, just to share, i travelled in my 1st trimester.
                Looking back, I think it's quite dangerous actually, no matter which country you're going.
                Reason being you do not know what can/will happen to you when you are in an unfamiliar place.
                I had very terrible morning sickness/lack of appetite when i did that, and frankly, i didn't enjoy my trip. I was yearning to come home everyday.

So if you really must travel, when you are there, do check out if there's a nearby gynae near your hotel. Cos i ended up having to visit one when i fell sick there.

I have friends travelling in the 2nd trimester and they are pretty fine when the pregnancy is more stable.

So, please take care when travelling!

Comment

My gynae advised against traveling in the first 3 months as i have severe morning sickness (HG). He is afraid i might have a relapse and need to be admitted into hospital again.

I did travel in my first trimester (over cny) though before i knew i was pregnant. But since MS occurs from 6th weeks onwards, i think it will be a different story.

Comment

-double post-

Comment

It would be advisable to take all necessary precautions when you are pregnant and travelling, regardless of which trimester you are in.

I remembered when I was in my 2nd trimester, I travelled to HK. Thinking back, I was hungry in the middle of the night and my DH ordered a sandwich for me. Shortly after eating, I threw up and had a tummmy upset. DH was so worried that he did not know what to do but made a cup of hot chocolate. Thank goodness, i felt better and we were returning the next day. Can't imagine what will happened if i continued to throw up.

Please fo talk to the gynae and have medications ready when travelling.

Comment

i went to UK and HK in my first trimester and Korea in my 2nd. I had slight spotting in Korea on the day i was supposed to fly back and it gave me a massive shock and lots of worry. Actually it was nothing serious but the uncertainly was overwhelming. After that i didn't dare travel until my bb was born.

Comment

Travelling in the 1st trimester not advisable, especially if it's your first pregnancy. I've travelled alone during my 2nd trimester - to Guangzhou with my first child and to London with my second. Just ask for help from aircrew along the way to put stuff in overhead compartments for you. I think the MOST important for any travel during pregnancy is to ensure that your diet is always hygenic, especially to countries where water is not readily available nor clean. Stick to bottled water and watch what you eat. Having stomach upsets can actually induce birth due the cramps so be careful. Also, just exercise common sense, don't walk around excessively and avoid crowded places.

Comment

hi all i am not sure if i am pregnant but i am travelling to Taiwan next week... however, i can only check when i am about to come back as my last menses was on 22nd... will it be ok if i am really pregnant? cos i am hearing quite a few diffferent things abt travelling in the 1st trimester... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jehovahrapha View Post
                              hi all i am not sure if i am pregnant but i am travelling to Taiwan next week... however, i can only check when i am about to come back as my last menses was on 22nd... will it be ok if i am really pregnant? cos i am hearing quite a few diffferent things abt travelling in the 1st trimester... thanks!
                              If you're not sure, best to be more careful than regret later. If you're up to traveling and not having any morning sickness nor spotting, make sure you don't lift heavy stuff yourself and only eat well-cooked food and drink bottled water. Also, avoid excessive walking or climbing as this may cause overexertion on your womb area which is not advisable since it needs to be stabilized especially during the 1st trimester.

Comment

ok ok thanks... so far i dun experience anything... just that i get giddy but i not sure is it weather or really i am pregant... will check when i come back on taiwan on 25th... thanks for your advice!

Comment

Working...
                                X