Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown Rice - Good Alternative to oatmeal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the vegetarian stall in west mall food court has brown rice too!
    Try eating brown rice cereals (those that babies take), it's like mai pian but its brown rice! Love it! I always add oats to it! Yum!

Comment

recently, I started mixing brown rice into my white too. I am beginning to acquire the taste.

Comment

my granny cooks brown rice till it becomes like congee.
        she mixes it pumpkin or fish.

VERY NICE AND HEALTHY!!

during the period whereby my stomach was really weak, i ate this everyday
        strengthens my stomach greatly

Comment

yes, it's an acquired taste, but once you are on brown rice, you don't want to switch back to white rice. add 1-2drops of lemon juice to the rice b4 cooking, it'll have a refreshing taste.

Comment

yeah. I heard that brown rice are good for health. But I dun like the taste.. like very weird taste... but ppl say just mix it with white rice... when cooking.

Comment

i've tried spinelli's brown rice salad and i think it was superb

i tried out on my own using
              brown rice, apricots, raisins, seaweed, honey, salad oil, djon mustard

btw brown rice is good for detox!

Comment

Well i also simply love brown rice! I started eating it a couple of years back and I don't touch white rice since then... very healthy... my mum likes to cook it together with white rice cos my siblings dun like the idea of brown rice only, but she cooked mine seperately cos i dun like white rice...

Comment

"Wu(5) Gu(oat) Rice"

I think besides the brown rice, my ma also throws in a few other types of rice. She calls it 'wu (5) gu (oat?)' rice. I should make a trip to the supermarket soon to educate myself a bit [/QUOTE]

Dear Glossie,

May i know where can i find "wu gu rice"? Because i cannot find it in cold storage woodlands branch.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by fondue_
                    i've tried spinelli's brown rice salad and i think it was superb

i tried out on my own using
                    brown rice, apricots, raisins, seaweed, honey, salad oil, djon mustard

btw brown rice is good for detox!

Sounds yummy...shall attempt to create one using your receipe..

Comment

i started eatin brown rice sometime ago and i think it can really be quite yummy!

Comment

Hi,
                        I love rice & I usually like to prepare my own rice, anyone know of a good brand of brown rice, cous cous, Japanese rice to recommend? I am looking at a healthy diet to go, appreciate if u can share any yummy rice recipes

Comment

Working...
                        X