No announcement yet.

Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Soup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's one beside Bugis MRT stn.. at the coffeeshop in Rocher Centre. forgot the name of the stall but their soup is really nice. theirs is those peppery kind

Comment

Mom cooked Bak Kut Teh for lunch today! Am going to dig for left overs. YUM

The BKT at Balestier is wayyyy expensive and horrible!

Comment

the geylang *** 13's is the best i've eaten so far....the soup is good n the price is v reasonable......sometimes, nid 2 q 4 20mins.....

the balestier's opp boon tong kee is terrible!!!!!! 3 pcs of meat with rice cost a freaking $5.....the meat is not even tender.....

Comment

welcome to CC sushibabe

Please refrain from the use of SMS short-forms, non-standard spelling, and Singlish expressions in your posts. CozyCot is a place where people from all over the world meet and share information. It makes for easy understanding for everyone by typing out your words properly, for example, 'just' and 'friends' instead of "j u z" and "frens"respectively. This has been outlined in our Bulletin Forum Rules #5. Please edit your post accordingly.

Thank you for understanding.

Your friendly neighbourhood moderator

Comment

i think the one at balestier is really quite good

Comment

There are in fact many "bak kut teh" shops along balestier, the one i really like is not the air-con one.. its one of the corner shop. Cant remember the name though.

Find the air-con shop... not very nice and very expensive! Not worth it.

Comment

Oh, quite near the private house non-aircon coffeeshop? the one nearest to the air con one? thats quite good.

the aircon one is also nice, soup is super pepperish though.

Comment

Yup.. its the one nearest to the private house. (Opposite the 4D shop)
                  Very yummy!

Comment

hmm..I prefer to cook my own bak kut teh also. The A1 brand is not bad too.

Comment

I tried the one at cantoment/keppel road. apparently, is a branch of the one at havelock rd. i love the peppery soup, had refills twice! but i feel is a bit expensive, very small bowl with like 3 pieces of ribs. the salted vergetable is also quite nice.

Comment

my favorite is the one at rangoon road. Think its called Ng Ah Soh or something like that. The soup is fiery and peppery. just the way i like it!

Comment

yes, rangoon road "Ng Ah Soi' is i had 'cultural shock' when i dined there the first time...because you sort of have to make your own tea, there's a hot boiling kettle by the side. i looked at the other people in the shop, they are like regulars already..know what to order, how to make tea..

oh yes, about the bak kut teh, it's delicious!

Comment

Please don't eat the BKT at balestier, the one in front where the coffeeshop is selling wonton noodle and duck rice.... I saw the seller dump a big packet of MSG into the pot while cooking the soup yucks.. we looked in horror... the duck there is good tho lol

Comment

i like the one at Jurong West. it's big and long pork rib , not the small ones. Sell out very fast in the morning, so got to go early.

Comment

Anyne know what's the operating hours for the Jurong 1? thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X