being over depedent on your SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• being over depedent on your SO

My SO recently left for his rsaf pilot trainee course in australia. And ever since he left, i have been feeling very down. My exams are coming but i cant seem to concentrate. Checking my phone very often. And i suddenly feel so alone.

I feel i am too depedent on him and i need to step out of this. But i am not sure how. I dont have friends to hang out with nor a close friend to confide in. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by darebe View Post
    My SO recently left for his rsaf pilot trainee course in australia. And ever since he left, i have been feeling very down. My exams are coming but i cant seem to concentrate. Checking my phone very often. And i suddenly feel so alone.

I feel i am too depedent on him and i need to step out of this. But i am not sure how. I dont have friends to hang out with nor a close friend to confide in. Any suggestions?
    this might be a bit of a late reply, hope you managed to find a solution by now! think of it as a good opportunity for self-improvement, you have more time on your hands now so you can sign up for yoga/gym classes (and keep yourself motivated by thinking how happy he will be to come back and see you fitter and stronger!), and through that you might also be able to meet new people (: or find some volunteering / leisure activities that you've always wanted to try, but never dared to.

Comment

Open and widen up your social circle. I used to be very dependent on my SO too. But as time goes by, you will realized that he has his own friends to hang out with, he will not company you 24 hours a day, 365 days. You really need to have your very own friends to go out for dinner with, chill, relax and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassandra.Gaby View Post
        Open and widen up your social circle. I used to be very dependent on my SO too. But as time goes by, you will realized that he has his own friends to hang out with, he will not company you 24 hours a day, 365 days. You really need to have your very own friends to go out for dinner with, chill, relax and so on.
        Totally agree with you Cassandra. Never be too dependent on your SO, it is unhealthy for both you and the relationship. Learn to focus on yourself and spend more time doing the things you want to do. At the end go the day, you may find that your SO appreciate your presence even more.

Comment

Alot of guys don't really like their girlfriends to meet them everyday. They like to have their own freedom.

Comment

Working...
          X