NEW: Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum @ Plaza Singapura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW: Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum @ Plaza Singapura

I was wondering if anyone has gotten the chance to try out the famed Michelin-starred Tim Ho Wan Dim Sum Restaurant at the new wing of Plaza Singapura yet? They just had the grand opening yesterday (10 April) and the queues were rather crazy.

I heard that the die die must-try dishes are the Baked Char Siew Pau, Chee Cheong Fun, Steamed Egg Cake and Pan Fried Turnip Cake!

Also saw that OpenRice.com is giving away a $250 Dim Sum feast at Tim Ho Wan! Must join before 16-Apr to win =D

I did walked past but the queue was terribly long. Looking at the queue, I think if I were to join them, looks like I may have to wait for at least 3 hours before I get a seat. But one of these days I will still go and check it out, heard about the char siew bun and I can't wait to try it.

Comment

The queue is really crazy, out of curiosity I joined the long mad queue and waited for two hours plus. Seriously I don't think that it's worth the queue at all. True enough their famous char siew bun is good, but the rest are just normal. And I felt terribly thirsty after eating. They charge fifty cents for plain water, tea for $1.20 which I think it's quite expensive. My total damage was $80 plus for three person. They limit one plate of the char siew bun for each person. I ate the steamed prawn dumplings and the prawns are not fresh at all. I'm quite disappointed that it's so highly raved but after eating, it's really nothing compared to St Regis Hotel YanTing Restaurant.

Comment

Not a fan of dim sum, but I tried the food there after hours of queuing, find the carrot cake normal though. Nothing worth queuing for.

Comment

The steamed cake is very soft, but I will not queue for hours to eat there. Not worth spending that time.

Comment

Yeah i dont think its that worth . A friend told me once the chef was there the first day and its was good however once he went back the standard drop . i think afterawhile the hype will die down .

Comment

That's what I think too. My dad nagged at me for asking him to queue with me as I miss some of the food there. I tasted it in hongkong before, so this time in Singapore I wanna try the food to see if its just as good.

Comment

Up till now they are still short handed and can't takeaway. Very disappointed with their service.

Comment

I tried while in HK! The char siew bun was good! But the rest of the dishes were... ho-hum..

They had some flower-flavoured jelly cake for dessert which was kinda interesting, though. Don't know if they have it at the PS branch.

Comment

The rest of the dishes are alright, not very fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X