Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happybean
    replied
    oh dear, really? i had found them to have among the thinnest skins throughout my ondeh ondeh pursuit. sorry you didn't enjoy them

Leave a comment:

• tiggercheeze
    replied
    Originally posted by happybean
    pbi, the ondeh ondeh from Kartini's indonesian restaurant on level 3 of parkway parade is excellent, imo. you have to put the whole thing into your mouth, cos one bite and the ondeh ondeh bursts open with gula melaka. there's a display counter at the entrance to the restaurant that sells kueh kueh to go, and iirc, it's 3 ondeh ondeh for $1 or something like that. jmo.
    bought their ondeh ondeh today. not bad. but i wont say fantastic. coz the skin is kinda thick imo ...

Leave a comment:

• hachi
    replied
    what shanqi said is true. i bet you all can hear my stomach growl. =P

Leave a comment:

• whitequeeniie
    replied
    Originally posted by shanqi
    that pics is making me hungry... haha..

Leave a comment:

• shanqi
    replied
    that pics is making me hungry... haha..

Leave a comment:

• whitequeeniie
    replied
    Originally posted by hachi
    it looks nice already! =)
    thanks dear.

Leave a comment:

• hachi
    replied
    Originally posted by whitequeeniie
    i just made this. =DD
    ondeh ondeh!
    my SO says its nicee.

it looks nice already! =)

Leave a comment:

• Bebemum
    replied
    gm = grams .

its steam, so of course its the 2nd type.

Leave a comment:

• soroki
    replied
    bebemum what does gm rice flour stands for? by this way is this the brown kueh lapis or the 9 layer colour kueh? looking at the colouring i guess it is the second one.

Leave a comment:

• whitequeeniie
    replied
    i just made this. =DD
    ondeh ondeh!
    my SO says its nicee.

Leave a comment:

• hachi
    replied
    whitefrost: good! then i can get my soon kueh from there soon! cos it's so very near my house. drooling already =P
    happybean: the kartini ondeh ondeh sounds great. probably will grab it as snacks when i'm shopping there next time =)

Leave a comment:

• happybean
    replied
    Whitefrost, you won't regret it! They sell out fast and start selling abour 11am iirc, most times, alot of the kueh kueh are sold out by about 2 pm. Their kueh kueh are all very good actually, ondeh ondeh and salat being my faves *droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool*

oh yes, the foodcourt opposite Giant on level 4 of Parkway also has a kueh kueh stall right in front to the left end - the lady there makes AWESOME putu piring, fresh piping hot and bursting with gula melaka once you break open the fragant steaming flour skin YUM YUM YUM

as for chwee kueh, there's a man selling chwee kueh in sembawang hills estate food centre (facing the small car park in front, towards the right end of the hawker centre). he makes them himself and is v generous with the chai poh. and his chai poh is super tasty - dark in colour and well seasoned without being overcooked. the chwee kueh too has tan2 xing4 (elasticity) without being too hard or too mushy. wa.h, i'm so hungry thinking about it ....
    Last edited by happybean; 07-01-2007, 01:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• whitefrost
    replied
    hachi
    sorry.. blur me..
    esther's pot is for soon kueh

happybean
    thanks for the tip off..
    shall go check out kartini..

Leave a comment:

• whitequeeniie
    replied
    Originally posted by hachi
    whitequeeniie: really? hers must be really good then. and it's cheap...
    whitefrost: esther's pot you mentioned is for odneh ondeh or soon kueh? =P i only ate ondeh ondeh once from a thai restaurant i think. it's so yucky (to me) first is because of coconut flakes, second because of the skin which is thick and lastly, the filling is like so sticky those kind, not those that can ooze out kind. very stiff and hard and all that. from then on i never dared to try another until i saw it on channel 8 and got the craving. haha.
    yupp my dear, its rather big for ondeh ondeh. hehes. the auntie whose selling it is so friendly too!

Leave a comment:

• happybean
    replied
    Originally posted by soroki
    parkway parade has good onden ondeh from olay olay ( cannot really remember the name)
    pbi, the ondeh ondeh from Kartini's indonesian restaurant on level 3 of parkway parade is excellent, imo. you have to put the whole thing into your mouth, cos one bite and the ondeh ondeh bursts open with gula melaka. there's a display counter at the entrance to the restaurant that sells kueh kueh to go, and iirc, it's 3 ondeh ondeh for $1 or something like that. jmo.
    Last edited by happybean; 06-01-2007, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X