No announcement yet.

Brazil Churrascaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cc_lia, you don't take beef as well? arg, me too but i hate mutton most!

thanks secrets for the the specified details! and jess for the website. i've did a search before i posted and that's why i ask which is the nearest MRT station i can alight and so as totake a cab there.

initially i thought around upper bukit timah road and so i should drop at Bukit batok? so which st. is nearer to save cost on cab in case i run out of time.

Comment

Nearest might actually be Buona Vista mrt or even Clementi. All about the same actually, cos there is no mrt nearby. Nearest street? Upper Bkt Timah but its nearer the town area than Bkt Batok actually. If you want you could even hail a cab from Newton.

Comment

Hi luv_shan

Newton would be nearer if you want to take a train

Comment

ok thanks, then i'll hail a cab from newton.. haha

Comment

hmm.. if u don't take beef.. then i most probably won't recommend the place. coz it serves different type of beef whereas if my memory serves me right, only 1 - 2 kinda chicken.. then theres ham and sausage.. my point being, the variety is not that much.

n luv_shan, by the way, my friend took a cab from newton

Comment

erh.. got pork or mutton? or seafood rather ... ok, shall think about it. bf's bday is coming. need to start planning. esp, i've not get anything for him on vday.

Comment

hey luv_shan, it's not at upper bukit timah but sixth avenue off bukit timah road itself. most cab drivers should know where sixth ave is.

just in case you tell him upper bukit timah which is the stretch after king albert park - overshot already!

Comment

Haha, I only recall having buttered fish! Various kinds of seafood in the salad bar actually (but I didnt pay much attention to that... so....) There's definitely pork and sausages! Love the sausages

Comment

read somewhere that there is a new restaurant at chjimes, much more convenient for the east people

Comment

Hi luv_shan,
                      If you take the MRT to Commonwealth station, take bus no.970 from the bus stop in front of the church and this bus will take u right to the heart of 6th Avenue! HTHS!

Comment

carnivore

people intending to go to Brazil Churascaria can consider Carnivore @ chijmes as an alternative. it is also a churascaria restaurant with the passadors coming around your table non-stop with different cuts of meat. its $39+++ normally i think for dinner but if you get there before 7pm its $29+++ (you can stay til closing time). went there last weekend and totally stuffed myself! obviously not all the meats were to my taste, though i'm sure the tougher cuts of meat might appeal to some people. corkage was not cheap though - i understand my friend paid $30+++ each for 3 bottles of wine he brought for the big group of us.

location-wise it's a lot more convenient as it's in town and at any rate i'm not going to patronise Brazil Churascaria any more as they're clearly a RACIST restaurant (see one of the posts on page 1) just as i've permanently boycotted Da Paolo (all branches). I'd urge anyone who plans to go there for a meal to eat at Carnivore instead.
                        or just save money and kill yourself on satay and BBQ chicken wings at the hawker centre if you're dying for a protein overload

Comment

I have eaten at both the Brazil at Sixth Ave, and the Brazil Las Pamplas restaurant at Club St. The one at Club St is definitely much better, in terms of meat quality, salad and service, also parking is so much easier.

I find the beef/mutton at the Sixth Ave Brazil quite tough, and the service is not good, but somehow the restaurant manage to be almost full. I don't think I will go back again.

Even though the Club St Brazil costs more at $42+++, I would not hesitate to go back again.

Comment

tried the one at Bt Timah a few weeks back and i'm craving for more meats now. ate endless helpings of the tenderloin and topside. service was alright to me. friendly, efficient and polite.

thanks to reviews by solana and tamarind, definitely going to try Carnivore and the other Brazil at Club St.

luv_shan, most of the meats are beef cuts. if my memory serves me well, we only had one serving of lamb, one fish, one chicken (which wasn't nice at all) and pork sausages.

Comment

Been to Brazil Churrascaria few times and I still dig the food there. I love the beef topside, which is medium on the outside and rare on the inside. Mich is right. Most of the meats are beef. So beef lovers, you know where to go next time. Just need to forget about the fats and calories.

Remember to order the drink of caipirinha (sugar cane liqour). It goes well with the meats.

Everytime the waiter comes to our table with the meat and sharp knife, I can't help but wonder if accident ever happen in that restuarant.

Anyone tried the chicken hearts? I personally find it gross. :puke:

Comment

chicken hearts? i don't think i'll be able to stomach that. we didn't stay long enough for that to come round though. good thing too!

Comment

Working...
                                X