No announcement yet.

Billy Bombers - the American Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the food is very average, typical American diner fare. Then again I haven't been to Billy Bombers in years so the menu has probably changed. The last time I went it was still at Holland Village (the one and only outlet then), sometime in the late 90s?

Comment

hmm... i thought billiy bombers at the heeren is in the building 5th floor? the one you're referring to is another diff cafe? correct me if im wrong?

Comment

chiri, do you mean NYDC instead of Billy Bombers?

Comment

is that nydc that's located outside of hereen itself?

OMG! now i remember! billy bombers is beside sakae sushi!

pardon me. i'm not thinking properly still.

babyflite: there're quite a number of outlets in singapore now.

Comment

yeah i know there're quite a few outlets now. not really a fan of burgers and milk shakes anymore though, maybe coz they're so readily available over here in australia.

Comment

can understand why. but billy bombers are the once in a long while meal kind of thing. the portions are soooo huge. quite hard to finish all by myself unless i'm in a hungry hungry mood. hee!

Comment

Yup, I agree....its like a once in a year when you indulge yourself kind of food. Seldom find full American fare with portions like those you find in America. Singapore western food restaurants are soooo stingy sometimes, so BB is a refreshing change, I guess.

Love the cheese with Nachos and buffalo wings. However, often I cannot eat anything else as they are so filling.

Comment

love the food at billy bombers. been to holland v, and heeren.

do try potato salad, fish&chips, milkshake! all yummy! and portion is big! one serving of fish&chips can actually share between two if both not big eaters.
                  Last edited by polarie; 08-04-2005, 10:53 AM.

Comment

did i read wrongly, you girls are raving about this restaurant?

i read from somewhere about their bad CS and cold food served. which keeps me away from BB.

Comment

caryll, i think there're certain outlets that serve good food?

the one i went to at jurong point is one that everyone should avoid! the other cotters are raving about the other outlets such as the one in century square.

Comment

Originally posted by luv_shan
                        did i read wrongly, you girls are raving about this restaurant?

i read from somewhere about their bad CS and cold food served. which keeps me away from BB.

you should just give it a try anyway. so far no bad service for me.

Comment

The service is good, as the waiters are friendly, but I'll say the food is only so-so, nothing much to crow about. I ate at Heeren's the last time, and was sorely disappointed by the supposed "excellent culinary skills" of the new chef (that's what the lead waiter told me!).

Their saving grace is, their milkshakes are pretty good though.

Comment

Was at the centurysquare branch a few saturdays ago. We went there because all the restaurants and food courts were too crowded- it was 7-ish, on a saturday evening, and I was VERY hungry!

Kind of like a last resort, hubby and I decided to go in. It was like if not, you will have to eat instant noodles at home. Any food is better than no food, we thought.

So we went in with that kind of low expectations for the place.

Verdict: Surprisingly good!

The waiters are friendly, especially the manager who came to check on us 2 times. Even played with my 1 year old. And came to give us a free key chain at the end of the meal.

The food was ok, not lousy but of course not fantastic either. I had the burgers and roast chicken. They were pretty ok. I love their milkshakes though.

Will I go again? Probably, not as a last resort the next time. Maybe when I am feeling very hungry again- thought their portions were pretty generous.

Comment

seems like billy bombers has expanded recently?!

I *** it was only at HV and then at bugis junction and Hereen.. did know they are at century square too?!

I LOVE their milkshake!

Their portions are huge and must be shared,at least for me. Seems like jurong branch has pretty bad rating.. maybe you *** try the town outlets!

Comment

i think the service is good. No bad experience so far.

I particularly like the spider drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X