No announcement yet.

Private Spree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, I think that if you contribute on the Apparels thread about the brands or clothes & you add in if there is a spree, pls LMK, its still acceptable. But what I can't stand is that without any contributions, you just put in one-liner on spree, and there is quite a few one-liner on one thread. I find it very irritating, this is end of the day not a spree forum!!

Comment

Originally posted by eternity

Ps: You won't see me typing "if there's a spree, lmk" from now

hey Nope I am not pin pointing at you eternity! It is just a general thing that some of the cotters are doing. I understand from where are you coming from. Cotters who want to join sprees should know that they would require payments and going to the ATM or IB transfer is part and parcel of the spree procedures.

it is a forum and of course you can't identify the tone of the sentence but maybe for those who are able to start sprees , there is this inclining pressure on them to start sprees?

Agree with beibei about those one liner thread posts! Seems to be very irritating to you eh?

Comment

Hehehe... then i hope i did contribute to the forum like what Beibei mentions

Comment

yeah dear You did contribute much in the cosmetica section too

Comment

Originally posted by eternity
            Michelle... I think i wrote "if there is a spree, please pm me" before

Just my . Sprees don't come often, and even if they do, i tend to miss it most of the times even though i already have in mind what i want from that spree. Recent sprees seem to require faster payment now which i'm not able to cope with that (as i need some time to get to the ATM). Because i find it cumbersome, i have resorted to buying what i want online and "swallow" the costly shipping fee myself . But i felt better if i can get the item that i really "want and need" as sometimes the item you been lemming for ages may just go OOS whenever there is a SALE.

So for now, if i see something that i fancy, i will get it instead of requesting for spree and waiting for it to happen. Private sprees have its pros and cons, but i figure out that there are more cons than pros, i would not challenge myself to take the risks

Ps: You won't see me typing "if there's a spree, lmk" from now
            Eh, I'm with eternity on this. So far, I only joined 1 spree at FP. And with the recent hoo-ha at one of the other threads, I rather do the ordering myself. Sure, the shipping charges ain't cheap but at least, I'd have peace of mind. I used to order for friends till one of my friends commented that her Gap corsages came crushed (we had 3 hobo bags in our parcel). So now, I don't even order for my friends as I don't want to ruin our relationship over spoilt goods which wasn't my fault in the 1st place.

Comment

oh dear... kpobody did you try calling GAP for a replacement? Thought big name brands like this would have better packaging.

I refer to an earlier comment about how some people join CC solely to sell their stuff; should their swap threads be removed?

Those selling off their personal stuff are not so bad... but I've also some posts of more commercial nature. Feel that they are making use of the forum siah...

Have I said too much?

Comment

Honest private sprees are ok......which means the PS organiser is not out to profit make. I have came acoss some people that's out to make a profit. I was totally shocked when I learnt that instead of paying lesser for shipping....I ended up paying MUCH MORE than if I had just ordered that one item and have it shipped here myself......I do order online quite frequently, so I can roughly tell the cost of shipping......On top of that, I was forced to pay a super high local postage to the person to mail it to me......

So cotters, pls think twice if you wanna join a PS......especially there's one that always organise very frequently......
                Last edited by LittleLambie; 27-05-2005, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plain_substance
                  Those selling off their personal stuff are not so bad... but I've also some posts of more commercial nature. Feel that they are making use of the forum siah...

Have I said too much?
                  commercial advertising is not allowed, most cotters over are registered with yahoo hence the link is often there.

however having said that, as long as it is free why not use it?
                  of course when u are buying things from unknown cotters, it is best to be careful.

Comment

i think i've not posted the "please lmk if there's a private spree" line before.

for my case, i'm most likely to lem for some stuff and just forget about it after a few days. so it's not so bad. and i always make it a point to ensure that even if i'm participating in one, the organiser is online pretty frequently and she gives me all the details like hp number and email (for me to reach her).

and yes, i do think there's an increase in the number of people asking for private sprees. i was a bit shock to see the number of unfamiliar names in the swap section. which means to say there's quite a number of people who join forums for the sake of using CC as a platform to sell their stuff?

Comment

have encountered quite a few already... to be fair i really do check out their personal profile and see what posts have they contributed. being fairly new myself, i hope i've contributed to the forum to a certain level before even attempting to swap or sell unused stuffs. i get abit upset to see people with just 1 or 2 posts about general stuff and remaining 90% posts all in their own swap thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X