No announcement yet.

Late for work! overslept! how now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I'm a bit lucky Our company style is as long you complete or do your job on done. They wouldn't bother what time you step in the office

Comment

wow..is that an MNC? so good? Sometimes i really wonder, actually to be flexible is also good, just make sure you complete your job in time and meet datelines, responsibilities all met. That should be ok. Why should you stay when you have REALLY nothing else to do?

Well, again it really depends on what type of job you're handling..

hmm........Heard of some companies which dont even allow workers to knock off ON THE DOT (eg. 5.30) you are EXPECTED to stay till 6 or 6.30pm even if you've ABSOLUTELY nothing to do..(and without OT claim)..i was like :roll: How can be there such a thing?

Comment

I'm working in an International advertising company.

Nowadays, some companies take the oppurtunity to bully us workers. Just my

Comment

To put a more realistic perspective on things, if you can be late, you are also expected to work as late as required. Working hours can be flexible but that does not mean it is always to the advantage of employees. Flexible doesn't mean less.

Some jobs have to have fixed working hours, like in operations or shifts, no way around that. We don't want to call up a logistics company or bank and be told our contact person is not in!

Comment

Yeap that's why depending on the job itself requires....

But i was actually thinking along the line that some people can be really more efficient than average people.....so.....maybe flexible working hours will be an advantage to them (of cos i meant provided they seriously completed their responsibilities and not take things forgranted)...just my 2cents

Comment

i have never woken up really late but at this work place, i will choose to take mc, hah..

Comment

STB dont really bother what time u come in coz everyone works till super late here..its like a norm
                they usually dont leave till its dark although working hrs are like from 9 - 6.30am
                However STB culture...its very flexible..anytime u want to take a break..just go ahead..no need to ask permission of fear that your colleagues will gossip..
                kind of good for me but a bit no life though

Comment

STB= Singapore Tourism Board?

Comment

I'm quite lucky in that i stay near my work place & my boss is quite flexible..
                    So normally i would just walk in.. There's been a couple of times that i was an hour late..

Comment

it just happen to me today..had forgotten to set my alarm yesterday night, by the time my grandma try to wake me up i was already 30min late..hurhur..got to work but well of cox late lo..20min late..*giggles*

if there's nothing important i would want to take leave to rest myself..cause everyday work go back home work go back home..need sometime to rest too..

Comment

Go to work still...

If I'm late for an hour, then I stay back one hour more after work... as long as its not those when u woke up, its already 12pm kind.

Comment

I think I will still do the normal routine preparation and then hop on to a cabby downstair my house !

Comment

i should be glad my workplace is 10 mins walk from my home.

time are pretty flexible. 830am-6pm or 9am-630pm. your choice. but usually, people come at 9am and leave at 6pm.
                            probably they work in the office, as well as at home. so no differences.

i'm still new to the company, so don't dare to do such act at the moment.
                            our pantry have this table tennis and arcade kind of soccer table. so when one gets bored, they just go and have a game.

lucky i cant get my company notebook connect to my house internet. else, i gotta work at home too.

Comment

luv_shan, that's very lucky of you! 10 minutes walk from home, I also want.

Comment

My work time can start from 8am-9.30am, at a half hour staggered timeslot, so if I wake up early, I can always opt to start at the latest time slot and knock off later. But of course, my supervisor can be quite inflexible and wants us to stick to the stipulated timeslot as far as possible :roll: I try to start work at 8.30 am everyday and go home at 6.00pm Half an hour more than private companies.

Comment

Working...
                                X