No announcement yet.

Late for work! overslept! how now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am never late for work I suppose it's a habit... And I really can't stand it when people don't have a sense of time and they are constantly late coming up with all sorts of excuses..

Comment

I am seldom late too as I have this "body clock" which will wake me up before even my alarm rings. heeh. BUt i have been late before as i was really tired.. and i nearly had heart attack.. I got ready at top speed and then apologize profusely when i am there..

Comment

Originally posted by pinkdewy
        Shan, the engineer may have gone to site for work.
        Field engineers usually don't stay in office for the whole day :eh:
        late reply. nope, my company is US MNC. work closely with msia & US. everything is thru conference call, don't need to go site. they're mechanical/product design engineer. we only have to stay within our building lol... one point why my company is so flexible is because, it's not them who gave us salary..

think i'm the most calculative employee here. though i'm late for 15-30 mins, i go back on the dot. subsequent 1/2 hr, i'll charge OT.

Comment

my boss is very particular about punctuality.
          Right now, we're using biometrics and have to scan our fingerprints every morning.
          lateness is one of the KPIs used during the annual reviews.
          scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          even 1 minute is LATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Alya
            my boss is very particular about punctuality.
            Right now, we're using biometrics and have to scan our fingerprints every morning.
            lateness is one of the KPIs used during the annual reviews.
            scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            even 1 minute is LATE!
            Woah! This sounds really scary. So Alya, u must be trained to be very very punctual now
            I think if i'm working in ur company, i will be so tensed up every morning, worrying that i will oversleep and kena scolding. I'm lucky to be working in a company that's flexible in the hours, like if u come late u just work late to make up for it.

Comment

Usually I will be late for around 15minutes coz i'm used to going to work @ that time. =p

My boss comes in 1/2 to an hour late everyday so as long as I arrive earlier than her, I'm not considered as late. lol

Comment

Never happened to me but I will call my manager and inform him that I'll be late.

Comment

i m seldom late. m usually punctual.

Comment

Been slightly late for work for the past 2 days & today.. Having difficulty waking up on time somehow.. Thankfully, i've always managed to reach work before my boss does, so i'm still safe, for now..

If not, i'll sms my colleague (who's my boss's secretary) that i need to take hours off if something cropped up @ home or something..

Comment

Really, I don't know. I've ermm, never been late it seems.

But I wonder how can you fake illness and get MC and bluff the doctor if you aren't really sick at all? How do some people do that? You mean, they purposely make themselves ill before that.

Comment

Better late than never.
                        to err to human...to oversleep is common

Comment

hhahah! Demigoddess, very well said!

will be about 45mins late if i don't get a lift from my SO! (but usually happens once a mth)
                          my is a MNC too & bosses are not very particular about timing. most of my colleagues will be late for ~30mins... but think it's kinda norm here... becos' it's so laxed, some colleagues are taking advantage of it!

Comment

I'm seldom late for work, mainly because I get a lift from my dad daily. On the rare occurrences that I'm late for work, I'll usually apologise to my boss (if she's already in). She's very particular about punctuality... gave me a verbal warning after I turned up late for work by about 4-5 minutes for 2 consecutive weeks.

Comment

I am supposed to be in the office at 8am
                              But i practically reach bout 9am everyday

I am wondering is i should get home internet access to work
                              But i m kinda worried i be expected to work from home even at my leisure time

Comment

Lolz, with regards to my part time work if I was late I would just walk in with an sms or call in advance and apologise to my colleagues regardless of time hehe. But for my attachment period I recalled having to rush down because I missed the company bus and yet had not enough money on me for a cab (Office was at a very isolated location). In the end I took 2 buses which got me there 45minutes later. Was so paiseh but luckily supervisor was not in.

Comment

Working...
                                X