Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashlene
    replied
    if not too late, i'll go... if really overslept till too late, i'll take mc or urgent leave.

Leave a comment:

• kim28582
    replied
    Me too...I will inform boss that I overslept. Since sat only work half day..he told me to take mc and dun tell others. I think he closed one eyes cuz I look so exhausted and Im handling 2 men job....one foot stepping in the coffin..

Leave a comment:

• aiko_meimei
    replied
    i will inform my boss say i over slept... will be coming in late

Leave a comment:

• dancingpromqueen
    replied
    i was working as a temp previously and have to fill up the timesheet for our working hours. Usually i will still fill up 830-530pm but go earlier next day to make up for it i think ppl don't really care about you staying overtime because they cannot see also... going earlier can "see" better.

Leave a comment:

• moh224
    replied
    its always best not to take urgent leave if necessary , at times you are late because of valid reason eg. you are new ,that will depend on bossess

Leave a comment:

• LingNing
    replied
    I will just take mc, no point going in late as that will reflect badly on myself to my boss. I think he will remember me and get blacklisted. So i rather go to the doctor and get a mc for the day.

Leave a comment:

• sunkisstiffy
    replied
    there was once i overslept, i sms-ed boss the truth and asked if i could take leave for the day, he was kind enough and granted my leave.

but of course if i had urgent tasks to complete on the day, i will probably tell him i have overslept, and will still be reporting to work, just that will be late.

but for some of you whose bosses are strict to grant leave, perhaps will have to lie if you do not want to go to work. since leave days are not easily granted, urgent leave maybe a problem as well, the best is to lie being sick.

Leave a comment:

• carely1307
    replied
    if there is any deadline to meet, i will not take leave. Else the next day have to suffer...

Leave a comment:

• Stylicious
    replied
    depends on how long you have been working and how often do you take urgent leave. If you take it too often than you might need to come up with a good reason or rather one you have not used before lol, if you rarely take than you can just give any reason I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• min_min
    replied
    hi all, do you all give any reasons when taking urgent leave? or u all just mentioned that its due to personal matters?

Leave a comment:

• justverisimple
    replied
    Originally posted by huishan View Post
    My home and office is a 15 minutes journey by cab, so most of the times when I wake up late, I will still turn up for work. My bosses are relatively nice people, I will just sms them and stay back abit later that day.
    if bosses are nice, and u close to them den let them *** and go later abit ***.

if nt, mc is the safest way.

Leave a comment:

• PeonyDreamz
    replied
    Originally posted by hethel View Post
    This company that I am working in wouldn't allow even a min late

They practise - can only b early at work, cannot be late. Can work OT but cannot leave early
    are you working for japanese firm? I heard they are very particular on timing.

Leave a comment:

• hethel
    replied
    This company that I am working in wouldn't allow even a min late

They practise - can only b early at work, cannot be late. Can work OT but cannot leave early

Leave a comment:

• HPsTreasure
    replied
    I'd freak out, get ready as fast as I could, then call my boss and tell him I gonna be running late. I dont work mornings anymore so I dont have that problem anymore

Leave a comment:

• isenggirl
    replied
    happened to me too twice before. bcoz i got night class the day before and overslept until 1hr late!! my boss is also nice. so i just sms her saying i m overslept will reach office late. of course, i gotta compensate by working late on that day. usually she doesn't mind even if i go home on time. bcoz she knows me well, not purposely one. hohohoho..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X